CHANGE TO MOD RULE

( ・・)σ Make sure you stay up to date on these. You CAN reply to threads here.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: CHANGE TO MOD RULE

Postby Terramort » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:11 am

Both of those points are true. However, if updates are adding the game, the option becomes a.) use an old mod without new content added from Feng or b.) go through the trouble of finding and using a new mod as soon as the updates come out.

As a mod user, I assure you that during updates, mod usage drops pretty drastically, until the mods catch up/people get fed up with the new bugs (as in the case of the Outside the City update)

If Feng added what we clearly want to the game, he'd be making more money off people going to his site and people wouldn't feel the need to make mods. They don't even currently add that much, even. Really minor stuff Feng just can't be troubled to add.
Terramort

Postby Miracle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:56 am

With most knowing which modder to go to after a new update, I don't think the mod usage will change drastically after each update (probably just those that obtain mod from friend will need some time). They will just wait a while and download the new mod.

I'm not sure about the mod user will leave the mod after Feng add the features they needed though (I agree Feng should add some of the server command). I mean, there are alot of mod user that used the mod because of those are downloaded version, and used the "this mod isn't abusive" reason to justify their action.
Miracle

Postby Miu » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:00 am

I used the mod before because I got bored of the game.
Yes, actual players that use the mod now won't stop using it, but we need to do something so new players won't download it.
IMO updating more frequently will at least reduce the amount of spreading the mod.
Miu

Postby Beef3691 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Perhaps adding some permanent servers for those modding to use would help? It's not going to stop people "trolling" others, but those that mod, to add to the game may like it. I personally dislike mods, as I find them rather unfair. I'd also rather people didn't credit a mod for MY kill. That's just my opinion there though, and I can understand why people do so.
I'd have posted this in the suggestion section, but I figured it'd be more fitting here.
Beef3691

Postby TBaefong » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:39 pm

As of late, modders with the KG mod have been flooding the servers. I hear that one of the features of this mod is the ability to hook up to 999. This is abusive, correct?
TBaefong

Postby Noodler » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:33 pm

TBaefong wrote:As of late, modders with the KG mod have been flooding the servers. I hear that one of the features of this mod is the ability to hook up to 999. This is abusive, correct?

Abusive but it could end up going horribly wrong for yourself too.
Noodler

Postby Accelevi » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:46 pm

Yes a mod like that is abusive.
Even if it could go wrong for you too.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Previous

Return to Staff Announcements 2 - Where you can contribute!