Want to Help Feng? Click Here!

( ・・)σ Make sure you stay up to date on these. You CAN reply to threads here.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Want to Help Feng? Click Here!

Postby Accelevi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Iskandar wrote:yo, i was talking to miracle about fengs finacial problems with photon servers and all. I was wondering, since he linked his paypal on the bottom to donate if you ever can or want, if we can make a thread to donate atleast 1 dollar a month. I saw the prices on his photon severs its 200 per server and he uses 2 for us https://www.exitgames.com/en/Realtime/Pricing thats 400 dollars total (pretty large pricing if he would to fund it alone, but if we can get atleast 100-200 members to donate ATLEAST 1 dollar a month to him that would cover half of the expenses for it) which is phenomal for funding somehting like this. I dunno its just something to look into. My idea was that you would make the thread and everyone that does donate ss the the the action that says you donated this month, they can even censor the amount. Just the action of donating alone would be enough, no need to show the amount.

Iskandar of Gurren Brigade had PM'd me an idea of where we could donate to Feng (via PayPal). At least around a dollar a month would be helpful, but you would be free to donate more, if you wish. He found out that Photon servers are $200/server, and that Feng uses two of them, just for the US part. Now imagine all the other regions combined. It's a pretty heavy cost for just one person (Jiang had quit if I remember correctly), and with the rising usage of mods and downloads, Feng's income is dropping. For those of you that use mods, I request you perhaps donate a little more, but in the end, it is just a request.

fenglee wrote:ABOUT DONATION: the game will remain free .if you love this game and feel like want to support the developer you can make a donation. :)
however,for some reason I can't add the "Donate Button" with my paypal acount.so I'll just leave my paypal account here:slashlee1984[at]hotmail.com .
I've received some donations, it works. thanks guys :)

« slashlee1984[at]hotmail.com»

For those of you that do decide to donate, if you can show me some sort of proof (preferably through a PM), I am planning on handing out small incentives. (Small things, aesthetics, name color/usergroup, ranks, etc)
If you do not wish to state how much you donated in the thread, then you are free to black it out, but sharing of screenshots that you have donated would be nice.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Re: Want to Help Feng? Click Here!

Postby The Rogue Titan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:04 am

I love this idea. I would donate hundreds of dollars if I could, but I am dirt poor. :|
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby JesseC » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:24 am

This is an excellent Idea, I would happily donate money, honestly i forget about the paypal thing. Especially since more and more people are using mods. If it will keep the game progressing I would gladly help.
JesseC

Postby NekuSenpai » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:15 am

Tbh, i use mods, but i will donate of course, I love the game! :)
NekuSenpai

Postby Noodler » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:24 pm

JesseC wrote:This is an excellent Idea, I would happily donate money, honestly i forget about the paypal thing. Especially since more and more people are using mods. If it will keep the game progressing I would gladly help.

I'm 99% sure Feng would be more inclined to do stuff if he's getting more money.

Maybe Feng is secretly a dog, and we can make him do updates and shit by donating every update. :D
Noodler

Postby The Rogue Titan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:10 pm

Noodler wrote:
JesseC wrote:This is an excellent Idea, I would happily donate money, honestly i forget about the paypal thing. Especially since more and more people are using mods. If it will keep the game progressing I would gladly help.

I'm 99% sure Feng would be more inclined to do stuff if he's getting more money.

Maybe Feng is secretly a dog, and we can make him do updates and shit by donating every update. :D

Like giving him treats. lel
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Iskandar » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:46 pm

honestly the smallest of amounts when added by large number of groups WILL add up, i already discussed it in the latin community group on fb, they made a vid regarding this and hopefully even more donations come in. All in all though this is an easy task if everyone actually you know, puts in SOME effort.
Iskandar

Postby Miracle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:44 am

If we go by actual Photon's pricing, it's $199 per 1000 CCU per server. Since there are at least 4 servers (4 region), it could go up to at least $800.
Miracle

Postby Noodler » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:03 pm

Miracle wrote:If we go by actual Photon's pricing, it's $199 per 1000 CCU per server. Since there are at least 4 servers (4 region), it could go up to at least $800.

He uses 2 for US, right? 1000$.
Noodler

Postby Iskandar » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:44 pm

Noodler wrote:
Miracle wrote:If we go by actual Photon's pricing, it's $199 per 1000 CCU per server. Since there are at least 4 servers (4 region), it could go up to at least $800.

He uses 2 for US, right? 1000$.

he uses 2 for us, then the eu server then japan then asia, but the thing is i doubt the jaoan server has 1000 CCu, so its more on miras price range then 1000.
Iskandar

Next

Return to Staff Announcements 2 - Where you can contribute!