Episode 22

I will place a sticky up as each new episode is released, and unsticky the older thread. You can discuss the episode there. No manga spoilers please. (First thread up sometime tomorrow) ⊂((・▽・))⊃
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Episode 22

Postby Eren » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:00 am

So holy shet, this is exactly why I try to not make Heicho mad
Your thoughts on this episode?
"If you win, you live! If you lose, you die! You can't win if you don't fight!
J A E G E R
multiplayer name: TheForumEren
Eren
♥ Heichou ♥

Re: Episode 22: Didn't watch=Don't come

Postby Suraru » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:16 am

I can't...
Crying, Petra... hnnnggggg

.... ok

Those writers know exactly what they're doing. They know we love Petra, so they do the thing.
Do I even English sometimes?
"Points hurt, stay pointless!"

OH SHIT MAN! IT'S THE ADMIN!
Suraru
Forum Major

Formerly: Smitty

Postby Peanuts » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:16 am

WOW

I liked the red glare in his eyes

How the blades turned blue when he swapped to new ones
(which reminded me of light sabers, and read a comment on youtube, saying "If Levi was a jedi, he would go rampage on Vader XD)

And the awesome 360 spins 8-)

P.s What was the name of that ost at that moment?
Peanuts

Postby Linksbrawler » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:21 am

Really epic battle scene but Levi took her down way to easily and quickly. Wasn't even a challenge for him :P
Linksbrawler

Postby Kuro » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:37 am

No...
Petra...

Why...Must They Abandon Her Body?
Her Father Must Be Dissapointed....

Levi Should have Married Petra...

Dem Feels....! ; :cry:
Kuro

Postby Zeref » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:26 am

dat moment when Levi transforms into a beyblade :O
Zeref
Elite Moderator

Formerly: much sweg

Postby Smile » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:49 am

Suraru wrote:Those writers know exactly what they're doing. They know we love Petra, so they do the thing.

I honestly think that bit was more of a step for Levi's character development, rather than a little something they have for the fans to make us manually twist our nipples in sorrow. The scene where Petra's dad was talking to Levi about marriage suggests this. Well at least, those are my two cents.

Linksbrawler wrote:Really epic battle scene but Levi took her down way to easily and quickly. Wasn't even a challenge for him :P

It's not that he took her down way too easily, I think it's the only way that I can see the Female Titan to be a consistent character. The Female Titan wins by annihilating her opponent, and if she was to have a hard time beating Levi, then that would probably lessen her image of power (for me at least). If she was to be beaten fast, though, it wouldn't make her look less weak, rather it would make Levi look OP as the gods of Asgard (again, for me at least).

And to be fair, she was tired. The fight really could have gone that way, where they struggle to kill her, but I think they're saving that up for now. I mean, if she was to die now, then all the hatred built up on Ann- I mean the Female Titan would be relieved too much and that might water down the impact of whatever they want the end of the season to be.

Goddamn that Levi wheel of fortune move surprised me though, lol.
Smile

Postby TheArabian » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:07 pm

daamn why they had to throw the bodies just why -_- damn
TheArabian

Postby Blackhunter » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:19 pm

3 words

heichou TOTALLY AWESOME

that the part i love
Last edited by Blackhunter on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackhunter

Postby Suraru » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Found this on tumblr;

attackonsociallife: wrote:Image
This right here is when I broke down.

Levi hands over the Recon Corps crest claiming it to be someone else’s just to help the soldier get some closure. It wasn’t his friends, it was Petra’s. We saw him looking over his squads bodies and we also see him looking upon the crest on Petra’s chest. It was the final piece of Petra that Levi had left before he effectively watched her die a second time. He willingly hands it over to a comrade to comfort him.

This man has lost everything in the space of not even 24 hours and yet he is willing to hand over the last piece of his squad, his friends, his family that he has left to help another person. So don’t ever fucking say that Levi doesn’t care or that he is an asshole with no emotions because Levi cares more than most of the fucking cast do put together. Just because he doesn’t break down into a heap of emotions on the floor doesn’t mean he isn’t hurting inside, because he really fucking is. He always, always puts others before himself and never questions it. You should be praising him as a fucking saint because he cares more than we’ll ever know

And then I should put that I was freaking at work, crying when I saw this. My co-workers saw me, and laughed, then I had to explain, then Fumbles was crying also, and then one customer walked in, and we helped him, then continued crying!
Do I even English sometimes?
"Points hurt, stay pointless!"

OH SHIT MAN! IT'S THE ADMIN!
Suraru
Forum Major

Formerly: Smitty

Next

Return to SnK/AoT Anime Discussion