Episode 22

I will place a sticky up as each new episode is released, and unsticky the older thread. You can discuss the episode there. No manga spoilers please. (First thread up sometime tomorrow) ⊂((・▽・))⊃
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Episode 22

Postby Accelevi » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Moved. For future note, I or a staff member will make this thread. Got it memorized? nokhaxelreference

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Re: Episode 22: Didn't watch=Don't come

Postby MysteriousPerson » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:47 am

attackonsociallife: wrote:Image
This right here is when I broke down.

Levi hands over the Recon Corps crest claiming it to be someone else’s just to help the soldier get some closure. It wasn’t his friends, it was Petra’s. We saw him looking over his squads bodies and we also see him looking upon the crest on Petra’s chest. It was the final piece of Petra that Levi had left before he effectively watched her die a second time. He willingly hands it over to a comrade to comfort him.

This man has lost everything in the space of not even 24 hours and yet he is willing to hand over the last piece of his squad, his friends, his family that he has left to help another person. So don’t ever fucking say that Levi doesn’t care or that he is an asshole with no emotions because Levi cares more than most of the fucking cast do put together. Just because he doesn’t break down into a heap of emotions on the floor doesn’t mean he isn’t hurting inside, because he really fucking is. He always, always puts others before himself and never questions it. You should be praising him as a fucking saint because he cares more than we’ll ever know

wait ... what ? it wasnt ivan ? omg :shock:
MysteriousPerson

Postby ipheneas » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:07 pm

Eren wrote:So holy shet, this is exactly why I try to not make Heicho mad
Your thoughts on this episode?

This is just goddamn BADASS!!
ipheneas

Re: Episode 22

Postby Turtwiggy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Levi is cool... but that body!

"They're nothing special"

They really know how to mess with your emotions in AoT D:
Turtwiggy

Postby Suraru » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:53 am

MysteriousPerson wrote:wait ... what ? it wasnt ivan ? omg :shock:

Nope, didn't you see Levi take it off Petra? And then he just gives it up, the last thing he had of her, to console a teammate. Tears man... tears....
Do I even English sometimes?
"Points hurt, stay pointless!"

OH SHIT MAN! IT'S THE ADMIN!
Suraru
Forum Major

Formerly: Smitty

Postby Smile » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:45 am

Suraru wrote:
MysteriousPerson wrote:wait ... what ? it wasnt ivan ? omg :shock:

Nope, didn't you see Levi take it off Petra? And then he just gives it up, the last thing he had of her, to console a teammate. Tears man... tears....

I honestly just assumed that he takes all the badges from all the dead soldiers, and believed that it was actually Ivan's.

Pretty cool this guy actually noticed how it was Petra's. This show isn't just animated beautifully, it really makes you feel how they must be feeling right now. I don't usually empathize with characters, but goddamn.
Smile

Postby MysteriousPerson » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Smile wrote:
Suraru wrote:

I honestly just assumed that he takes all the badges from all the dead soldiers, and believed that it was actually Ivan's.

Pretty cool this guy actually noticed how it was Petra's. This show isn't just animated beautifully, it really makes you feel how they must be feeling right now. I don't usually empathize with characters, but goddamn.

yea, i think it so too
MysteriousPerson

Postby Peanuts » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:49 am

MysteriousPerson wrote:
Smile wrote:
Suraru wrote:

yea, i think it so too

And that's how snk became so popular
Peanuts

Postby Smile » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:41 am

Peanuts wrote:And that's how snk became so popular

Honestly I'd still watch it even if the story isn't as good as it is.

I mean, the animation is just phenomenal. The movements are literally never done by any human beings (i.e. bodies getting pulled by 3D maneuver gear), but they manage to make them look realistic. The weird appearance of each titan are just so detailed and soooo appropriate.
Also, I'm a guy that loves 2-D animation. I don't usually go for 3-D animations (except Pixar ofc).The buildings in Attack on Titan are usually 3-D, especially on those scenes where the camera follows the soldiers while they use their 3-D maneuver gear, but I don't feel like they completely ruin the 2-D feel of the anime. They're just so well made and well placed that I sometimes don't feel like they are 3-D.
This anime is just so well made that I think it doesn't even need such complex story to be popular. If I follow it just for the story, I would've already read the manga.
Smile

Postby Peanuts » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Smile wrote:
Peanuts wrote:And that's how snk became so popular

Honestly I'd still watch it even if the story isn't as good as it is.

I mean, the animation is just phenomenal. The movements are literally never done by any human beings (i.e. bodies getting pulled by 3D maneuver gear), but they manage to make them look realistic. The weird appearance of each titan are just so detailed and soooo appropriate.
Also, I'm a guy that loves 2-D animation. I don't usually go for 3-D animations (except Pixar ofc).The buildings in Attack on Titan are usually 3-D, especially on those scenes where the camera follows the soldiers while they use their 3-D maneuver gear, but I don't feel like they completely ruin the 2-D feel of the anime. They're just so well made and well placed that I sometimes don't feel like they are 3-D.
This anime is just so well made that I think it doesn't even need such complex story to be popular. If I follow it just for the story, I would've already read the manga.

And, this is why, we need a Thank feature asap, I want to thank you so badly haha
Peanuts

PreviousNext

Return to SnK/AoT Anime Discussion