Episode 25 - Season 1 Finale

I will place a sticky up as each new episode is released, and unsticky the older thread. You can discuss the episode there. No manga spoilers please. (First thread up sometime tomorrow) ⊂((・▽・))⊃
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Episode 25 - Season 1 Finale

Postby MysteriousPerson » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:17 am

i wondering why annie can not crystalized her finger when she realized that mikasa is about to cut her finger
MysteriousPerson

Postby The Sketcher » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:53 am

Because she had already crystalized the tips of her fingers to climb.
Where are the wall titans, though!?
The Sketcher

Postby Shadowstar » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:01 am

NeckSlicer wrote:Because she had already crystalized the tips of her fingers to climb.

it shown after the credits..... for a second
Shadowstar

Postby MysteriousPerson » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:44 am

NeckSlicer wrote:Because she had already crystalized the tips of her fingers to climb.

lol, i supposed you didnt watch after the ending song :D
MysteriousPerson

Postby The Sketcher » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:25 am

Oh... Still, this episode was COMPLETELY different from the manga. In the manga, I don't recall Eren's body burning. As a matter of fact, he was actually calm and Levi was still wounded and unable to use 3DMG. Mikasa was supposed to be on the wall when the wall titan's face was revealed.
The Sketcher

Postby Blackhunter » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:34 am

NeckSlicer wrote:Oh... Still, this episode was COMPLETELY different from the manga. In the manga, I don't recall Eren's body burning. As a matter of fact, he was actually calm and Levi was still wounded and unable to use 3DMG. Mikasa was supposed to be on the wall when the wall titan's face was revealed.

yea
probably to make it a surprise in next season
Blackhunter

Postby Phantom » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:29 pm

What bothers me about the miner's story is that how did they get rid of the hole in a day, while the miner digged it for 20 years
Phantom

Postby Suraru » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:08 pm

NeckSlicer wrote:Oh... Still, this episode was COMPLETELY different from the manga. In the manga, I don't recall Eren's body burning. As a matter of fact, he was actually calm and Levi was still wounded and unable to use 3DMG. Mikasa was supposed to be on the wall when the wall titan's face was revealed.

And they had Eren throw Mikasa up there to cut off her fingers.

Eren also joined the fight later, it was Mikasa fighting till sometime after the church.

They just pulled a Walking Dead on us.
Do I even English sometimes?
"Points hurt, stay pointless!"

OH SHIT MAN! IT'S THE ADMIN!
Suraru
Forum Major

Formerly: Smitty

Postby liala » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:31 pm

I like it better how it happened in the manga in direct comparision to the anime. But it is also alright like this. They just wanted to end it with a extreme fight because it's the end of the season. I'm not sure why they changed some roles though (for example Jean at the crystal). Maybe they just didn't want to add in a character we don't really know and it's also understandable for Jean to be angry because of personal things so I don't mind it. I also don't think it's that bad that Levi had some action even though he is injured. I mean he was also able to move right after the fight with the Female Titan and it's not like he really fought in the last episode. Just wanted to add this because some people seem to be really upset because of the changes (not in this forum yet). I also think they added the Wall scene at the end because of a next season. I don't think they would just leave it like that and don't continue it. And then they could just make the timing different in the next season so it's similar to the manga.
Overall I really liked the anime because it's not just an average fighting show. I also think (almost) all of the characters are likeable and I still like them even though they do something wrong or cry often. Because they just act like normal humans.
liala

Postby MysteriousPerson » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:04 pm

liala wrote:I like it better how it happened in the manga in direct comparision to the anime. But it is also alright like this. They just wanted to end it with a extreme fight because it's the end of the season. I'm not sure why they changed some roles though (for example Jean at the crystal). Maybe they just didn't want to add in a character we don't really know and it's also understandable for Jean to be angry because of personal things so I don't mind it. I also don't think it's that bad that Levi had some action even though he is injured. I mean he was also able to move right after the fight with the Female Titan and it's not like he really fought in the last episode. Just wanted to add this because some people seem to be really upset because of the changes (not in this forum yet). I also think they added the Wall scene at the end because of a next season. I don't think they would just leave it like that and don't continue it. And then they could just make the timing different in the next season so it's similar to the manga.
Overall I really liked the anime because it's not just an average fighting show. I also think (almost) all of the characters are likeable and I still like them even though they do something wrong or cry often. Because they just act like normal humans.

yea, and the manga and anime difference is not that significant.
MysteriousPerson

PreviousNext

Return to SnK/AoT Anime Discussion