AOT/SNK Theories and or Speculations

Feel free to make threads of the latest chapters and discuss them. Duplicate threads will be locked, deleted if you keep doing so. (`・ω・´)”
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: AOT/SNK Theories and or Speculations

Postby liala » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:45 pm

I think Eren really ate his father. It is heavily implied in the previous chapter where he writes on the ground in his Titan form. It was "I.... my ...father..." or something like this.
Ymir was a human for sure because every Titan was once a human. Maybe she was a "mindless" Titan for the 60 years she wandered off but with higher intelligence. How did this happen though? Did she still have more consiousness than the others and then remembered how to speak? But she still had the need to/couldn't control eating humans. And when she was fully human again she remembered that she can turn into a Titan but not how she spent her time as one.
In the Ymir chapter she said that she was hated for her existense in this world by many people. What do you think this means?
liala

Postby Mama » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:54 pm

How can you know every titan was a human before? Yes, they are partially identical, but we don't have any proof.
Reiner and Bertholdt already knew that Ymir is a shifter, but didn't knew that it's the titan that ate their friend.
She probably said that because she killed many people while in the titan form, people that had families and friends.
Mama

Postby Connorhere » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Perhaps Ymir is a different type of titan-shifter, it'd be safe to assume since she's the most abnormal looking of the 5 known titan shifters, she's more beast-like than anything. I also think Eren is kinda beast-like too, those exterior teeth and elf-like ears are strange. Annie, Bertl and Reiner hold pretty human-esque titan forms, aside from the whole skiness attribute, the same attribute that Ymir and Eren lack. I'd say that both Eren and Ymir are different types of shifters to Bertl/Annie/Reiner based on this however Eren has transformed into a skinless titan on two occasions, albeit incomplete ones. For now i'd safetly say that Ymir is a different sort of shifter to the others, i can't really speculate on her origins without any actual evidence or foundations to build it on, since we really know nothing about the titans or even the history of the aot world.

[Bullshit theory time which is pretty much built on no evidence and is just speculation ] Perhaps its possible that Ymir was an experiment to create titan shifters, and perhaps shifters are only recent creations? It would make sense since why would the shifters wait this long to launch an attack on humanity, its not like they did anything of recent to attract their attention, humanity has kept to itself for ages. Ymir could have been an abnormal shifter, however she wasn't what they wanted at all, but Ymir didn't care and stole the titan power, fleeing into the wild for like 60 years or something. Annie Bertl and Reiner would be the next generation of shifters. [ ok its over now ]

As for Eren i have no clue, perhaps titan-shifting is inheritant through birth? Assuming Grisha is a shifter. I don't at all think the drug Grisha gave Eren was the titan power, i think it was the ability to control titans. Grisha said "use this to take back wall maria!" or whatever, and i don't think Grisha would put his faith in Eren's titan form, since lets be honest its shit. Controlling Titans would be a much more effective way to save wall Maria which they're getting closer and closer to accomplishing. As for the dirt message thing. "My ...father ...was...by...me" = "My father was eaten by me" perhaps.
Connorhere

Postby Mama » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Maybe there are 2 different types of formula, Ymir and Eren took one and Bert/Annie/Reiner the other one.
The incomplete titan shifting of Eren were because he just woke up from another shifting. I don't rememer him doing it twice.
Ymir know many stuff about the titans and their origins, sadly, she left the walls. Let's hope she will kidnap Historia, tell her more, and somehow they rescue her, gaining informations too.
Erwin looks really suspicious. I don't really know what their intentions arr, and I don't think they do what they do to defence the walls.
I've readed about the time travel theory aswell. I can't find the link tho. The first chapter title "From 2000 year from now to you" or something like that. It's an interesting theory, and there are some minor details that show it. In the first episode, there are some flashbacks, and some already happened. Plus Eren saying "Mikasa, your hair grew do much!"
Here I am, on toilet arguing about time travel theories. I have a great future in front of me. :lol:
Mama

Postby Kitkat » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Actually what Eren wrote was "My father" and "TO me," not "My father.. was.. by me" or "I...my father." Another thing, I seriously doubt the theory that titans or shifters have to eat other shifters in order to regain consciousness. For one thing that wouldn't work because it wouldn't have been possible to make a first conscious shifter for more to come later. Also, this theory suggests that the titan eating the shifter would inherit consciousness through whatever biological ingredients are present in the titan formula that is in the shifter's bloodstream. But that doesn't work because titans don't have any digestive system. They don't digest, so there's no way for them to take any of the nutrients or properties from their prey, and even if they did, it would just be the titan body that would have it. So how would the human controlling the titan from its nape get the properties so that they don't have to eat another shifter again when they summon a new titan body? It isn't logical. As for normal titans becoming shifter - no, absolutely not - why do I disagree with this? Simple, we've seen normal titans get killed many times, and not once did we see a human in the nape. So other than the fact that a titan wouldn't be able to absorb shifting properties, it still wouldn't make sense for it to become a human through eating one. Assuming the titan did gain consciousness, what would make it shrink to a human, since obviously eating someone won't just make your human form materialize in your titan's nape?
Kitkat

Postby Mama » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:15 pm

Ymir could be a part of the "organization" that created the formula.
They tested it on her, and without being able to control the titans power, she ran away from the walls.
I don't think Reiner and Bertholdt friend was a shifter. I mean, there is no reason why he would be.
In that time, she ate that guy, and somehow gained the titans trust. After that, she transformed back to human, and titans couldn't do anything to her because they "loved" her.
Mama

Postby Connorhere » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:27 pm

Kitkat wrote:Actually what Eren wrote was "My father" and "TO me," not "My father.. was.. by me" or "I...my father." Another thing, I seriously doubt the theory that titans or shifters have to eat other shifters in order to regain consciousness. For one thing that wouldn't work because it wouldn't have been possible to make a first conscious shifter for more to come later. Also, this theory suggests that the titan eating the shifter would inherit consciousness through whatever biological ingredients are present in the titan formula that is in the shifter's bloodstream. But that doesn't work because titans don't have any digestive system. They don't digest, so there's no way for them to take any of the nutrients or properties from their prey, and even if they did, it would just be the titan body that would have it. So how would the human controlling the titan from its nape get the properties so that they don't have to eat another shifter again when they summon a new titan body? It isn't logical. As for normal titans becoming shifter - no, absolutely not - why do I disagree with this? Simple, we've seen normal titans get killed many times, and not once did we see a human in the nape. So other than the fact that a titan wouldn't be able to absorb shifting properties, it still wouldn't make sense for it to become a human through eating one. Assuming the titan did gain consciousness, what would make it shrink to a human, since obviously eating someone won't just make your human form materialize in your titan's nape?

The whole digestive system thing does slightly disprove the theory, however you can't possibly just end that by saying "it isn't logical" in an anime where there are enormous humanoids that violate several laws of science already. As for there being no humans in the napes thats because the human body has fused so much with the titan that it is unrecogniseable from a big pile of flesh, this kind of process is similar to when Eren transformed repeatedly until his flesh started melting in with the titan body, fusing with it. I couldn't really say how eating a titan-shifter would revert a titan back to its human form, as it would be strange for the process of fusing with the titan to just simply reverse. The reason normal titans die without their nape is because of the human fused into the nape, assuming all titans are humans, i highly agree with this however i think the ape titan's creations and regular titans are somehow different.

You also talk about the first titan-shifter would have needed to eat another titan-shifter to become conscious, and therefore the theory is debunked, again you can't really disprove the theory based on it being "illogical", since the show violates scientific laws purposely, and i don't like disproving theories without evidence from the series and just evidence from our science. I can't say a thing about the origins of shifters or the origins of titans, all i'm talking about is how they are continuessly made rather than their origins because theres no evidence about their past. However theres evidence about the present, although implied, like i've said about eating shifters to regain consciousness. I can't at all say how it works for sure, because yes, theres no digestive system to break down the person they ate and therefore no way to absorb them. Despite this, theres a definite link between the human and titan bodies for sure, otherwise there would be no way for the human to control the body, so who knows.
Connorhere

Postby Kitkat » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:37 pm

I meant it isn't logical based on the science present in the story, like no digestive system. Also, with normal titans Hanji came to the conclusion that the reason they die when you hit the nape is because that is where the brain and spinal cord can be detached, not that there's a fused human body in there. It's more probable that it's just a stretched out body of the human that was transformed, which would explain why Connie's mother still looked like Connie's mother. This would also explain what Hanji said earlier about lifting a titan's body part and finding it extremely lightweight compared to its size. It's because it's the human's body part but stretched out, meaning it has the same amount of matter just expanded, which would mean it has the same mass.
Kitkat

Postby Mama » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:05 pm

Not really what you were talking about, but do you know why Annie tried to fuse with Eren?
Mama

Postby Kitkat » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:20 pm

That didn't actually happen in the manga, it was added in the anime, in the manga she just formed the crystal around herself so I don't know why the fusing was shown in anime.
Kitkat

PreviousNext

Return to SnK/AoT Manga Discussion