AOT/SNK Theories and or Speculations

Feel free to make threads of the latest chapters and discuss them. Duplicate threads will be locked, deleted if you keep doing so. (`・ω・´)”
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: AOT/SNK Theories and or Speculations

Postby Connorhere » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Mama wrote:Not really what you were talking about, but do you know why Annie tried to fuse with Eren?

Tbh that scene kinda confused me, i was like. "Oh shes crystalising now, i guess its her last resort to protect her information"
Armin: They're fusing?!
"what.."

Maybe it was actually a last resort to take Eren down with her? And the two of them would be trapped in the crystal together. So romantic. If she had succeeded in doing that, mankinds only chance against the titans would be taken from them, and her own information would be protected. Perhaps she was relying on Bertl and Reiner to retrieve them.

Apart from that i can't really get what Armin was talking about, i guess its a good thing Levi swooped in. althoughlikenoneofthathappenedinthemangasowhatever
Connorhere

Postby Mama » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:45 pm

She would do that only in case her plan was to destroy humanity.
But it's not.
So I don't think he tried to "stun" him.
Maybe the second option.
Mama

Postby Kitkat » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:51 pm

I think they might've added it in the anime as part of the process for forming the crystal. Like say normally forming the crystal around herself would just take from her own titan, but since Eren was holding her down it took from his titan too.
Kitkat

Postby liala » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:08 pm

How can you know every titan was a human before? Yes, they are partially identical, but we don't have any proof.
Reiner and Bertholdt already knew that Ymir is a shifter, but didn't knew that it's the titan that ate their friend.
She probably said that because she killed many people while in the titan form, people that had families and friends.

In the chapter about Connies village Hanji was talking about how the human bodies probably fused with the Titans (like Connor mentioned). She also said that there is no proof that every Titan is like that. But I don't know where they would come from otherwise. I don't think they evolved naturally or something.

But Ymir did not remember eating Berik. We don't know if this is true or not because she could have just lied but let's assume it. And if she did not remember that she probably doesn't know what she did as a Titan.

I don't know if it was also mentioned in the manga somewhere but I'll just throw it in here. A body which is tall like a Titan should actually not be able to walk. Like how very tall humans are not able to walk well anymore and need to use a support.

About the crystal part. In the manga Eren also wasn't in a Titan rage mode when he fought her and was able to control himself more. So he wasn't that close to her when she formed her Crystal. Maybe it's like Kitkat said then that it just happened because he was to close.
liala

Postby Mama » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:18 pm

If that's how titans were created, why isn't that happening anymore?
They are able to walk, because the width is proportional with the height.
Maybe she was in rage mode (like how Eren is sometimes) and that's why she couldn't remember anything.
Mama

Postby Connorhere » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:30 pm

I think the reason Titans are able to move so swiftly and at all is because of how abnormally light they are, which is preventing them from collapsing in on themselves.

I sorta doubt that she was in a constant rage mode for 60 years, Eren goes into rage mode is because his goal is literally to just rampage, his lack of intelligence during that period is just inconvenient. Ymir would have to be rampaging at something, otherwise she would blindly move in whatever direction like an aberrant, with nothing to keep her going she'd just get worn out.
Connorhere

Postby Mama » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:34 pm

I meant that she went bersek when she ate that guy. The rest of the time she was able to control herself.
This may be a silly question, but why would they collapse? I mean, yeah, they're would be heavy, but so is a building.
I really like how in this section are only smart people
Mama

Postby liala » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Might be possible that they can walk when they are light. Why are they not heavy, though? I was always wondering about that. Every other taller creature/animal is heavy.
If we add aspects from our world it just doesn't make sense that they are able to walk well (not considering the light part because it doesn't happen in our world). I was adding this because I think Isayama might be able to explain this part. Because he also explained the part why they have to be killed in the nape.
I read a theory somewhere that it could be an experiment that went wrong. But I don't remember the details. I also don't know what kind of experiment it could be that makes sense.
Haha I feel rather dumb to be honest xD I just theorize about everything even if it doesn not make that much sense because we still don't know that much
liala

Postby Kitkat » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Because titans are creatures so they move around. When it comes to buildings you only need to get it balanced when standing still because that's its purpose. But for a creature that walks on two legs, they can't be too heavy or else they won't balance with the movement.
Kitkat

Postby Mama » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:49 pm

But what if they have strong enough leg muscles?

Uh oh new subject:
Do you remember the castle where Ymir first transformed?
Yeah. In that castle, in the basement there was a titan. What would he be there? What was down there? Did he transformed there?
Mama

PreviousNext

Return to SnK/AoT Manga Discussion