[CONTAINS SPOILERS] Chapter 57

Feel free to make threads of the latest chapters and discuss them. Duplicate threads will be locked, deleted if you keep doing so. (`・ω・´)”
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

[CONTAINS SPOILERS] Chapter 57

Postby Racso » Sat May 03, 2014 5:29 pm

The raw have been released, you can read it here: http://www.onemanga.me/shingeki_no_kyojin/57/

I read it: Couln't make out the japanese though.

DON'T LOOK IN THE SPOILER UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE CHAPTER!!
Spoiler:
It seems like the gang learns about the kidnapping and set out to find Eren and Historia. But First we se Hanji in the same room as Erwin talking about the shape shifters. Right before the operation is engaged, allot of people die. Hanji's (?) squad to be exact by the anti-human 3dmg that we see. That seem to be a combination of the 3dmg and that handgun we see a guy trying to make 2 chapters ago. Don't worry, we don't see any of the main kids die. Levi was beside the Armin clone when he/she died. So in the last screen we see Levi drawing his blades to attack his old mentor. The main kids (Except for Eren and Historia ofc) seems to heard about Levis full name (Levi Ackerman) and from the looks of it, they ask Mikasa if they know each other with a answer from Mikasa I couln't read. I got to say, Mikasa seems very calm considering that Eren have been kidnapped. (again)

//EDIT// A fan sub here : http://imgur.com/a/1YSjZ
Last edited by Racso on Sun May 04, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Racso

Re: Chapter 57

Postby liala » Sat May 03, 2014 6:06 pm

I just saw the raw. Shit is going down again.

Read for impressions
But really Abrahams gang kills 3 people in broad daylight what the hell. Many death at once reminds me of Levi's squad..
And now only Moblit from Hanjis squad and herself is left. If Levi dies next...
They have an anti-human 3DMG what the hell. With guns that blow up part of their faces.. That's cheap you shouldn't bring guns to a sword fight.
Last edited by liala on Sat May 03, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
liala

Postby Z.E.D » Sat May 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Spoiler:
welp armin female clone and dude with goggles are dead.......
Last edited by Z.E.D on Sat May 03, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z.E.D

Postby liala » Sat May 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Spoiler tags everywhere but I just want to make sure no one scrolls and then gets upset because of reading it.
Possible translation of Hanjis and Erwins conversation
(I read on tumblr) Erwin says that Hanji should be the next Commander. It does not suprise me I saw it comming that he would entrust it to her.
So that means Erwin dies and Levi, too. Great. I hate and love this fucking manga at the same time.

Edit:
Found a complete text translation
http://fuku-shuu.tumblr.com/post/846054 ... chapter-57
liala

Postby Racso » Sat May 03, 2014 7:30 pm

liala wrote:Spoiler tags everywhere but I just want to make sure no one scrolls and then gets upset because of reading it.
Possible translation of Hanjis and Erwins conversation
(I read on tumblr) Erwin says that Hanji should be the next Commander. It does not suprise me I saw it comming that he would entrust it to her.
So that means Erwin dies and Levi, too. Great. I hate and love this fucking manga at the same time.

Spoiler:
Well, we could see this coming after all. Erwin can't really engage in battle anymore because of he only got one arm. But Hanji? I don't think it's a good time to hand over the power during this arc, can't Erwin wait untill this is all over? And also I noticed at the last screen with Levi. He have never looked that angry before. I think it has to do with something about his mentor + SOME DIED. And that face when he sees Armin clone die, he didn't look like that even after seing his old squad die! But other vise, this is the most eventful chapter in a while.
Racso

Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Chapter 57

Postby liala » Sat May 03, 2014 7:47 pm

I think we can stop with the spoiler tags now considering this is also in the title now and people shouldn't accidently scroll all the time xD

Well, he can't hand it over to her when he is dead so he has no other choice.
Levi is probably reminded of his own squad and he was angry while fighting Annie. Now the murderer is right before him.
liala

Postby Racso » Sat May 03, 2014 7:57 pm

Agreed.

Did you also notice that Hanji kidnapped the businesses mans (can't remember his name) son? It seems like She was trying to get him to talk or something. Or, like screaming at him for not trying to stop then even while knowing that Eren is the "last hope" for humanity. I hope that the non-raw will come out soon so we can read what's really going on. Probably around 5 - 12th of may, that is the usual time for releases.
Racso

Postby liala » Sat May 03, 2014 8:17 pm

I posted a link to a text translation earlier you probably did not see it because I edited the post.

His name is Flegel or something. The girl from Hanjis squad (Armin with black hair) is Nifa. And yeah Hanji is angry because he could help them but he is too scared. I can understand him because his father just died and he does not want to die, too. But he has no choice but to do something. Otherwise the MP/or Kanye West Abraham Ackermans gang (his name is translated to Kaney lol) just pushes the blame on the SC and they get away with the murders.
liala

Postby dyearn » Sun May 04, 2014 6:06 am

This chapter explains the entire plot about why titans are eating humans :mrgreen:
dyearn

Postby Peanuts » Sun May 04, 2014 6:23 am

It's Chinese >__>

This chapter showcase how bad a situation the Survey Corps are in

Irwin's captured
Hanji took over Irwin's role
Their plan failed
Apprarently, 'Abraham Lincoln's' name is called Kaini? (Translated directly from the characters :? )
It's revealed that Levi indeed followed Kaini around when he was young, and Kaini taught him how to think and act, so that's why Kaini was able to know what Levi was thinking, and killed all of those following the carriage

Seems like Kaini has a alternative form of the 3DMG, the backpack 3DMG?? He uses his hands to aim the hooks.
It seemed like a poorer version tho, as he has to refill them in the form of cartridges:
Image: http://gyazo.com/0ff4473bfe913c080d8cdb1aa01804ab

Overall, it was quite depressing as the situation is really bad for the Survey Corps

P.S Is Hanji spiderman?! O_O
http://gyazo.com/fb80d6bb0bd2a9bc8334020f657e6a80
Peanuts

Next

Return to SnK/AoT Manga Discussion