[CONTAINS SPOILERS] Chapter 57

Feel free to make threads of the latest chapters and discuss them. Duplicate threads will be locked, deleted if you keep doing so. (`・ω・´)”
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Chapter 57

Postby KaiserSenpai » Sat May 10, 2014 4:12 pm

Ghosthunter wrote:
KaiserSenpai wrote:I found this, about the ape titan. Something to think about.

http://polarisopposites.tumblr.com/post ... nd-its-not

There's nothing to think about here.Especially now that it's been covered in this chapter.Ymir was a regular titan and by eating a shifter she became a shifter herself.
Berik has been assimilated a long time ago and is the reason why Ymir is back into her human form after so many years.We just got over the Marco shit so please don't post any other stupid theories here.

I'll stop posting theories, but I must say I'm shocked - you're too quick to call things stupid.
The "stupidest" of things, can have great meaning. Happy Reading Snk!
KaiserSenpai

Postby Ghosthunter » Sat May 10, 2014 4:23 pm

KaiserSenpai wrote:
Ghosthunter wrote:
KaiserSenpai wrote:I found this, about the ape titan. Something to think about.

http://polarisopposites.tumblr.com/post ... nd-its-not

There's nothing to think about here.Especially now that it's been covered in this chapter.Ymir was a regular titan and by eating a shifter she became a shifter herself.
Berik has been assimilated a long time ago and is the reason why Ymir is back into her human form after so many years.We just got over the Marco shit so please don't post any other stupid theories here.

I'll stop posting theories, but I must say I'm shocked - you're too quick to call things stupid.
The "stupidest" of things, can have great meaning. Happy Reading Snk!

You did read how we had to close down over 20 of these shitty theory threads right? And for your information i have read that theory.Thus my answer and explanation.
Ghosthunter

Postby liala » Sat May 10, 2014 8:10 pm

I read this theory, too. In my opinion it would be possible if Ymir ate him whole and then he could have been able to break out.
But she didn't and if she did she would be dead like the Santa Titan. So I don't support this theory.
Maybe the Ape Titan is related to Ymir in some way. Because they both look more beastlike.
liala

Postby Connorhere » Sat May 10, 2014 9:45 pm

about the theory
Eh, its a nice theory. However i can't really support it, we don't really know how the whole "absorbing" of titan-shifter powers even work, considering titans have no digestive track and the people just dwell in their "cavities" for a bit until vomiting them up. Do they just need to be inside the titan? I assume they have to be dead in order to absorb their powers, otherwise Santa-titan could have become a shifter after eating Eren. Also idk if Ymir would have had enough humans to vomit them back out considering she was outside the walls for like ever. Maybe she ate some scouting legion soldiers and since she's so small she can't eat that many, but idk i can't say.

Besides i'd lke Monkey Trouble to be a regular titan and not a shifter, a talking titan seems cool, just like the one that spoke to Ilse. But this is way off topic tbh.
Connorhere

Postby The Rogue Titan » Sat May 10, 2014 11:10 pm

I wouldn't say it's a "stupid" theory, but it's not one I'm willing to believe. I mean, not just Berik's legs were bitten off. His entire lower part of his body was. I find it hard to believe even a shifter could survive that.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Horseface » Sun May 11, 2014 11:52 am

What liala, Connorhere and A7X said. Btw, i assume the "abilities" of a person (shifter ability, hardening, command, etc) are in the blood of that person and would get absorbed by the titans stomach once the person inside has been decomposed by the gastric acid (yes, the blood itself would "decompose" aswell, but maybe not the "part" in it that "is" the ability). Since shifters can close their wounds very quickly while alive, they need to be killed, in one way or another, for the one eating them to absorb their powers. With abilities being in the blood, it would also allow them to be inherited - which makes me think whether historia has some abilities herself, since she is a Reiss.

Maybe the Ape -titan is just a regular monkey that got the titan treatment. Didn't think of that, did you? >:V
Horseface

Postby The Rogue Titan » Sun May 11, 2014 11:57 am

Horseface wrote:What liala, Connorhere and A7X said. Btw, i assume the "abilities" of a person (shifter ability, hardening, command, etc) are in the blood of that person and would get absorbed by the titans stomach once the person inside has been decomposed by the gastric acid. Since shifters can close their wounds very quickly while alive, they need to be killed, in one way or another, for the one eating them to absorb their powers. With abilities being in the blood, it would also allow them to be inherited - which makes me think whether historia has some abilities herself, since she is a Reiss.

Maybe the Ape -titan is just a regular monkey that got the titan treatment. Didn't think of that, did you? >:V

You cracked the case! Curious George was a Titan all along! I knew that monkey was up to no good. Just look at his devilish smug smile.

Spoiler:

He's the true face of evil.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby liala » Sun May 11, 2014 3:04 pm

But the body does not decompose because the Titans vomit up whole humans or parts of them. It might be the blood, though. If they taste their blood they get the power or something. But... then Grisha could have just gave Eren a cup of his blood lol I have no idea.
Yeah, maybe that's why they want Historia. They also did not kill her when they killed her mother. If she was "useless" they could have just killed her then. But they kept her alive so I think she has to be special.

lol poor George..
But maybe could be something like an experiment. They may have tested transfering Titan abilities or something? But where would they get a monkey from?
liala

Postby The Rogue Titan » Sun May 11, 2014 3:14 pm

liala wrote:But the body does not decompose because the Titans vomit up whole humans or parts of them. It might be the blood, though. If they taste their blood they get the power or something. But... then Grisha could have just gave Eren a cup of his blood lol I have no idea.
Yeah, maybe that's why they want Historia. They also did not kill her when they killed her mother. If she was "useless" they could have just killed her then. But they kept her alive so I think she has to be special.

lol poor George..
But maybe could be something like an experiment. They may have tested transfering Titan abilities or something? But where would they get a monkey from?

They developed a space ship and traveled to the Planet of The Apes.

In all seriousness I don't know. But too many questions at one time make me angry that I don't know the answers to them. :x
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby liala » Sun May 11, 2014 5:11 pm

At least the Shifter question was answered. Even though we already knew it would be like that xD

Would be epic if this happens in the next chapter
liala

PreviousNext

Return to SnK/AoT Manga Discussion