Hanji's Gender?

Feel free to make threads of the latest chapters and discuss them. Duplicate threads will be locked, deleted if you keep doing so. (`・ω・´)”
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Hanji's Gender?

Postby KaiserSenpai » Fri May 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Let's see who all picks what, personally Hanji is my favorite girl character - the others suck in my opinion.
Knowing the author can decided whatever gender Hanji is, is so nerve wracking.

( Inb4: Omg you're stupid. Hanji's gender is officially unknown - undecided. The anime took it upon themselves to make Hanji seem girlish which I totally approve of. )

#TeamHanjiIsAGirl
KaiserSenpai

Re: Hanji's Gender?

Postby Connorhere » Fri May 09, 2014 10:04 pm

...what.

Shes a girl. Do people think shes not? What..
Connorhere

Postby TomoRacer » Fri May 09, 2014 10:52 pm

Connorhere wrote:...what.

Shes a girl. Do people think shes not? What..

People were confused when she appeared for the first time in the manga and asked Isayama if they were looking at a man or a woman, Isayama proceeded to troll the fanbase by at first dodging the question and then saying that her gender is whatever you want it to be and refused to give a clear answer.

To this day there are still people wanting Isayama to give a clear answer.
Last edited by TomoRacer on Sat May 10, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
TomoRacer

Postby KaiserSenpai » Sat May 10, 2014 12:05 am

Hanji is only displayed as a girl in the anime, she's so manish in the manga.
I read the manga before the anime, I was shocked to see Hanji with tits LOL.

But I like it a lot, Hanji seems like a girl - but the author himself hasn't given her a proper gender.
She can be a he, or both.
KaiserSenpai

Postby Connorhere » Sat May 10, 2014 9:31 pm

I watched the Anime and then read the Manga, i didn't know this was even a subject of debate. Though i can truthfully say i had always thought Hanji's appearance to be incredibly masculine in the manga, she just has that figure.
Connorhere

Postby Z.E.D » Sat May 10, 2014 9:42 pm

no no no no don't make me regret stuff. hanji is a woman period.....no no no wait XD
Z.E.D

Postby KaiserSenpai » Sat May 10, 2014 10:33 pm

Connorhere wrote:I watched the Anime and then read the Manga, i didn't know this was even a subject of debate. Though i can truthfully say i had always thought Hanji's appearance to be incredibly masculine in the manga, she just has that figure.

With how open the author said "undecided" he makes me scared, what if he trolls and make's Hanji - Hange (boy) at the very ending?
KaiserSenpai

Postby liala » Sun May 11, 2014 5:51 pm

I don't really care if Hanji is a woman or man but because of the anime I also always thought she's female. I also think the majority refers to her as a female despite of the manga. I can see it even at the end we still don't know for sure.
liala

Postby KaiserSenpai » Sun May 11, 2014 7:06 pm

liala wrote:I don't really care if Hanji is a woman or man but because of the anime I also always thought she's female. I also think the majority refers to her as a female despite of the manga. I can see it even at the end we still don't know for sure.

Usually I wouldn't care, but all the other females suck in my opinion. Please Hanji, you gotta be a girl.
KaiserSenpai

Postby Thirdkazekage » Tue May 13, 2014 10:34 am

Z.E.D wrote:no no no no don't make me regret stuff. hanji is a woman period.....no no no wait XD

So you have Haji fantasies I see? :lol:
Thirdkazekage

Next

Return to SnK/AoT Manga Discussion