[CONTAINS EXTREME SPOILERS] Chapter 58

Feel free to make threads of the latest chapters and discuss them. Duplicate threads will be locked, deleted if you keep doing so. (`・ω・´)”
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: [CONTAINS EXTREME SPOILERS] Chapter 58

Postby Connorhere » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:56 pm

I love how action-packed this is, it's great because everything has been a bit quiet in the last few chapters for the most part. Also i like the subtle Jean development and how he's completely reluctant to hurt a human life since he joined the Survey Corps to fight the titans and only the titans.

I hope Jean's alright, i highly doubt he's dead tbh. Considering he's Isayama's favourite and the obvious cliffhanger from what we saw. The shot probably missed or he was just injured at most.
Connorhere

Postby Racso » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Connorhere wrote:I love how action-packed this is, it's great because everything has been a bit quiet in the last few chapters for the most part. Also i like the subtle Jean development and how he's completely reluctant to hurt a human life since he joined the Survey Corps to fight the titans and only the titans.

I hope Jean's alright, i highly doubt he's dead tbh. Considering he's Isayama's favourite and the obvious cliffhanger from what we saw. The shot probably missed or he was just injured at most.

I find it quiet ironic that Jean trained to be in the mp and then he was killed by one of them. And the fact he couldn't kill one either
Racso

Postby liala » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:26 pm

I sure hope he is not dead.
Also he may just be injured like Connor said or even dodged it and the blood is not even his but from the MP member or something.
We will probably find out tomorrow or next month if this is the end of the chapter.
liala

Postby Racso » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:39 pm

liala wrote:I sure hope he is not dead.
Also he may just be injured like Connor said or even dodged it and the blood is not even his but from the MP member or something.
We will probably find out tomorrow or next month if this is the end of the chapter.

If Jean dies, then probably the saddest thing about it is that Mikasa kicked that mp on the wagon. She is probably going to blame her self for it or something if he does die.
Racso

Postby Connorhere » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:35 pm

I hope he doesn't die like that, it seems kinda underwhelming and lame for his character. Though there have been lame deaths for other characters who were sort of important too. (Farlan and Isabelle rest in pieces)
Connorhere

Postby Peanuts » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:57 am

Awesome chapter, finally get to see 3DMG in action again, and used by none other than Levi himself.
When Season 2/3 comes, this is going to look damn epic.

Our fears for Kaney knowing what Levi is going to do and that Levi will be under Kaney's thumb is eliminated.
Kaney himself said in this chapter that Levi has improved a lot and will prove to be a problem to him.
Funny how Kaney didn't die from that shotgun, protective vest?

But, their plans changed now, Sad
Levi decides to abandon Eren and Historia, as he now prioritises their escape, and will think of a plan in the near future

Damn, levi hooking onto Human's neck instead of titans' neck and then killing them

BADASS LEVI!!!

Jean, I don't think he will die like that, thinks that Mikasa made it in time, and made her first kill of a human (Or second :lol: ), then Jean will probably made another scared face like Armin. Heck, even Armin looks more man than Jean in this chapter. But, it's his first time after all, so.. xD

Overall, awesome chapter, and can't wait for the next month
Peanuts

Postby liala » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:04 am

Some scenes were kind of funny.
How Levi flies into the bar and Kaneys entrance afterwards.
And they shot the poor chair to death.
Kaney also used this or another chair to protect himself so I guess it did not injure him that much. But that would be weird so maybe he really does wear some kind of protection.
Levi is really a badass this chapter. I also like how Mikasa does not question him that much and agrees to fight the MP.
And I also think it wouldn't fit if Jean dies like this. I'm pretty sure Mikasa made it in time.
liala

Postby Terminus » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Someone on tumblr did a pretty good full fan translation.

Link: http://pizzalordofgallifrey.tumblr.com/ ... translated (I shared it)
Terminus

Postby HIT0SHI » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:13 pm

Thanks for sharing Terminus!

Also I'm saving this for reasons:
pic from chapter 58 of the manga sooooo spoilers i guess
SWIGGITY SWOOTY, IM COMING FOR THAT BOOTY!

HIT0SHI

Postby TheGreatJedi » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:49 pm

Plot Twist: Jean didn't Die. He just barely Dodge and got shot in his cheeks like Levi
But Please make my plot twist came true
TheGreatJedi

PreviousNext

Return to SnK/AoT Manga Discussion