[Contains spoilers] Chapter 59

Feel free to make threads of the latest chapters and discuss them. Duplicate threads will be locked, deleted if you keep doing so. (`・ω・´)”
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

[Contains spoilers] Chapter 59

Postby Peanuts » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:37 pm

Raw: http://www.mangabee.com/Attack_on_Titan/59/
Translation (thanks to Noodler for sharing): http://imgur.com/a/CRcra

My thoughts
This was a nice chapter, Armin's character development, Jean nearly treading back to his bastard days. Seems like they get more manpower, since it seems like those 2 people from the MP, Hitch and Marlowe make their appearances and Marlowe wished for both of them to get accepted into Levi's team when they were both captured.

I knew it, I freaking knew it. Armin shot the person, but it seems like Armin really hates killing, but Levi told him that it's impossible to go back as he dirtied his hands. Levi's like a teacher lol, giving them guidance.

Levi shirtless @_@ *nosebleeds*

Seeing how it ended, looks like we may be getting some action or really long dialogues next chapter
Peanuts

Re: [Contains spoilers] Chapter 59

Postby Lyndis » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:06 pm

Spoiler:
I didn't really like Armin much before (too meek, cried too much, don't care how many times he saved them all), at least he is something of a badass now. Moreso than Jean in fact. He still handles like a brick covered in treacle though.

Also, shirtless Levi for the fangirls I see. And Hitch is back, yay!
Lyndis

Postby liala » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Thanks Peanuts! I thought it would take longer again.
Spoiler:
The random guy named Billy the beginning kinda reminded me of Marco. I am not throwing in some weird theory that he is still alive just that he reminds me of him.
And he also has some theories himself that are actually true xD

Wow, when Hitch and Marlo showed up I surely thought they will die immediately. But they are not dead...yet.
I like that Marlo said it's strange that the Survey Corps are murdering civillians when they were always sacrificing themselves for humanity the whole time.
I was really waiting that someone would say/realize that it doesn't make sense for them to be the bad guys.
(Levi saying they are graduates of the 104th is probably a translation error?)
At first I also thought Hitch would leave Marlo alone but she "saved". And there we have the horse again.

Also what the actual fuck Jean.
liala

Postby The Sketcher » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:00 pm

liala wrote:(Levi saying they are graduates of the 104th is probably a translation error?) [/spoiler]

They graduated the same year but weren't in the same district. There's north, west, east and south.
The Sketcher

Postby Lyndis » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:20 pm

The Sketcher wrote:
liala wrote:(Levi saying they are graduates of the 104th is probably a translation error?) [/spoiler]

They graduated the same year but weren't in the same district. There's north, west, east and south.

But training took 3 years, 3DMG has only been around for 50 years at most and the walls themselves for only 100. There seems to be some discrepancy among these dates, else how could these trainee corps have been around for 104 years, even with successive training? I suppose it could mean that the titans arrived exactly 100 years ago and that there has been an anti-titan army for that long. I wonder if this is relevant to the plot in some way? Probably not.

Also, thanks for the swift translation.
Lyndis

Postby d_OVRKLL » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:37 am

Good question. Maybe recruiting is seasonal or biannually?
d_OVRKLL

Postby liala » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:15 am

When was it mentioned that there are different districts?

I knew he reminded me of someone..
liala

Postby HIT0SHI » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:13 am

Lyndis wrote:Also, shirtless Levi for the fangirls I see.

Spoiler:
HIT0SHI

Postby Connorhere » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:24 am

Jean's freak-out kinda came out of nowhere for me.

I'm not sure he was completely testing them all the way through, he seemed ready to kill them unless his slip-up was on purpose, but i can't imagine Jean being the type to play mind games. Jean's little realisation and acceptance that killing other humans may be necessary might have came on a little too strong, and he felt like he had to prove himself or something. I'm not too sure.

Also the fact that Armin did in fact shoot the girl was a pretty good turn around for Armin's character development, he also had a pretty realistic reaction to what he'd done. Having freaked out and even been sick over it, it makes sense for his character.
Connorhere

Postby liala » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:44 pm

Yeah, the trip he is either a good actor or just a dumbass. Both is possible.
If he just wanted to test them maybe he thought something along the lines of 'It's true that sometimes it is neccesary to kill the enemy. I have to test them to be sure that they are really on our side. If not I have to kill them.' But this does not really seem like Jean.
He really confused me in this chapter.
liala

Next

Return to SnK/AoT Manga Discussion