Multiplayer Stuff

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Re: Multiplayer Stuff

Postby JPro » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:04 am

the multiplayer option should have a canister that has saved the Nick of person? not need to keep typing all the time, would be better
JPro

Postby darkmann40 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:41 am

Helifano wrote:I'm fairly new to the game and I haven't had the chance to play on any public servers, so I just wanted to know, is playing on public servers with randoms worthwhile? I'm obviously no pro but I just want some opinions on how fun it is.

Yeah its worthwhile. i'm new as well and all i have been playing was multiplayer. its a chance to help you get familiarized with the gameplay and develop a style that best suits you. it is hard trying to find a multiplayer game sometimes though so you need to get in contact with ppl who are hosting them somehow.
darkmann40

Postby Helifano » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:03 pm

[quote="darkmann40"][quote="Helifano"]I'm fairly new to the game and I haven't had the chance to play on any public servers, so I just wanted to know, is playing on public servers with randoms worthwhile? I'm obviously no pro but I just want some opinions on how fun it is.[/quote]
Yeah its worthwhile. i'm new as well and all i have been playing was multiplayer. its a chance to help you get familiarized with the gameplay and develop a style that best suits you. it is hard trying to find a multiplayer game sometimes though so you need to get in contact with ppl who are hosting them somehow.[/quote]
I've played with my friends a little but I practiced so much more than them that now they're starting to get irritated that I can kill most everything without them. I've watched a lot of tutorials and such and I thoroughly understand that I'm no pro and that probably at least 90% of players are better than me but I'm still nervous about skill differences in random games. I don't want to hog any kills but I don't want to sit around and not get any either.
Helifano

Postby fishhawk00 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Even if you're not playing with other people, setting up new games by yourself provides new levels and situations that you can try and tackle yourself. Honestly, I play Forest II and III on my own all the time. It's nice to have groups to play with though, so you don't have to make a new game every time you die.
fishhawk00

Postby Helifano » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:57 pm

fishhawk00 wrote:Even if you're not playing with other people, setting up new games by yourself provides new levels and situations that you can try and tackle yourself. Honestly, I play Forest II and III on my own all the time. It's nice to have groups to play with though, so you don't have to make a new game every time you die.

Yeah I spend a lot of time playing the main solo forest. I wish there was a wave option for solo, though. I have limited bandwidth and I feel like even though I'm not hosting for people, I'm still needlessly pinging to a master server when I'm using the multiplayer option.
Helifano

Postby fishhawk00 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:22 am

I'd like to point out that one of the reasons this game is so popular at my school (besides the obviously awesome gameplay) is because the district firewall doesn't block it, but the next best thing is that all computers are on the same network, so setting up multiplayer games are super easy. I can only imagine the chaos that will ensue in the computer classes at my school when the public servers are turned back on. Even simpler network-wide connection? Ohoho I think so
fishhawk00

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:05 am

If you guys didn't know, Noir hosts a server almost every day. So you can play there until the public servers are back. Just check the "servers" board under "AOTTG Multiplayer"
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Helifano » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:12 pm

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:If you guys didn't know, Noir hosts a server almost every day. So you can play there until the public servers are back. Just check the "servers" board under "AOTTG Multiplayer"

Oh god. ON MY WAY! Thank you for this lol
Helifano

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:47 pm

No problem. We can always use more able-bodied troops to slaughter the Titans!
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby aimop95 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:17 am

woot. Sad though I can't use Hamachi for some strange reason, it won't connect to servers no matter what I do...
aimop95

PreviousNext

Return to Newcomers Area