The Newbie Discussion Thread 3

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Re: The Newbie Discussion Thread 3

Postby FailureofHumanity » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:54 am

Quick question, but do you guys think I should use Evolve or Hamachi?
FailureofHumanity

Postby Blizzard2795 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:32 am

IAmTehKodo wrote:
Connorhere wrote:Has anybody else noticed that Titans have kinda short legs? I get that Titans often come deformed and all, but there are the few "regular" limbed ones.

Entirely a person's arms and legs are roughly similar sizes, though the Titans come a little stubby in their legs, i think it would be great when/if we get the achiles tendon as a possible weak-point the Titans would have longer legs in order for this area to actually be targeted without having to run up to it, cut it and then run like hell.

I am baffled that I never noticed this. Maybe he'll add different Titan's in a newer update? At least with more variety? Like taller, thin ones, or tall fat ones, or ones with better proportions.

It's probably a safe assumption that Feng will eventually add variety, seeing as how there are two different hair colours/faces at the moment. Those may be extremely minor differences, but it does show that he doesn't want every single titan to look the same.
Blizzard2795

Postby Dragon Titan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:58 am

I hope that update will come soon :)
Dragon Titan

Postby Lohha » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:43 am

Dragon Titan wrote:I hope that update will come soon :)

Hopefully it comes with some bug fixes (like that the hook goes through titans).
But is it a bug that, on abnormal, when they jump, they kill you with their nose?
Personal Record, Forest Abnormal: 115s
*proof*: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5845/723z.jpg
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWK5UtoRrMw

Killing the Female titan with 9 people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-WWVumUPaA
Killing the Female titan solo (normal): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp0vuF88jTg
Lohha
Amateur

Postby Dragon Titan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:53 am

Lohha wrote:
Dragon Titan wrote:I hope that update will come soon :)

Hopefully it comes with some bug fixes (like that the hook goes through titans).
But is it a bug that, on abnormal, when they jump, they kill you with their nose?

I think it's not
Maybe it's just like when a titan grabs you, sometimes the body of your character misplaces (E.g. at the side of the hand, delayed)
Dragon Titan

Postby Endogenesis » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Dragon Titan wrote:Guys, do you have any idea when will the game be updated?

It's only a matter of time, if Feng releases it today, I think it will be up in a few hours
Endogenesis

Postby epictoads » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:57 pm

Connorhere wrote:Has anybody else noticed that Titans have kinda short legs? I get that Titans often come deformed and all, but there are the few "regular" limbed ones.

Entirely a person's arms and legs are roughly similar sizes, though the Titans come a little stubby in their legs, i think it would be great when/if we get the achiles tendon as a possible weak-point the Titans would have longer legs in order for this area to actually be targeted without having to run up to it, cut it and then run like hell.

Considering the human characters have heads larger than any other body section I don't think that it's that out-there.

Dragon Titan wrote:Guys, do you have any idea when will the game be updated?

It gets here when it gets here I suppose, but I'm betting it will be in the next few days. I'd rather wait and have an amazing update than get the often and rushed.
epictoads

Postby Bladex » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:30 pm

IAmTehKodo wrote:

I am baffled that I never noticed this. Maybe he'll add different Titan's in a newer update? At least with more variety? Like taller, thin ones, or tall fat ones, or ones with better proportions.

To be honest I think the titan's appearance is fine, besides if they didn't have long arms how would they sweep their hand around and grab you?
But i do like the idea of different looking titans
Bladex

Postby epictoads » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Bladex wrote:To be honest I think the titan's appearance is fine, besides if they didn't have long arms how would they sweep their hand around and grab you?
But i do like the idea of different looking titans

They'd have to be diving around after people and bending down. There's no real need to re-proportion their bodies in the game though I agree. But I think a nice range of shapes would be cool.
epictoads

PreviousNext

Return to Newcomers Area