The Newbie Discussion Thread 3

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Re: The Newbie Discussion Thread 3

Postby IG_42 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:40 pm

nice guide thanks for the link

feeling a little inadequate after looking at advanced moves
IG_42

Postby fishhawk00 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Helifano wrote:
fishhawk00 wrote:I'm VERY new to the gaming community in general; in fact AoTTG is the first game I've really gotten into. I've been playing with my friends for the past few weeks, but they're usually too busy for any regular gameplay. While there are tons of posts about guilds, and I've read through what I can, I'm still intimidated by the idea. Someone mentioned a guild for beginners, and I was wondering if that information is still good. Last I read iPotato was recommended, (that was posted back in September) Any help would be great thx

I've been gaming for a long time and I've just never really been a part of any guild. I like to be minorly social (small co-op games with like 4 people, usually PvE), but the idea of being in a huge guild never appealed to me. It's hard enough getting a group of 3 other friends interested in playing at the same time, getting a mass of people together just seems like a lot of effort lol

That's the beautiful thing about guilds though, you have a group of people who are all interested, and the larger the group, the more likely there is to be someone online who wants to play. While small groups are nice, it's cool to have larger groups too, so you can tackle harder levels or bigger maps. I see the appeal, but I'm nervous to get involved. I feel like everyone will be a couple thousand times better than I am. That's why I was asking about guilds with less experienced members.
fishhawk00

Postby IG_42 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:56 pm

my best is 543 been playing just over month and only cleared the city solo today without using Titan Eren on the crawler, bastard had me jumping about for five mins looking for him
*edit*
scratch that just did a 594
IG_42

Postby fishhawk00 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:07 pm

IG_42 wrote:my best is 543 been playing just over month and only cleared the city solo today without using Titan Eren on the crawler, bastard had me jumping about for five mins looking for him
*edit*
scratch that just did a 594

I play as Levi most of the time, and I've been playing for about two months. My top is generally around 750. Ive only cleared the city once, I usually get down to one or two left before the crawler gets me. I'll be honest, I've screamed in terror on multiple occasions when it comes to crawlers.
fishhawk00

Postby shaske » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:11 pm

My max is 1486 and average dmg is about 600-800 but I don't really play for highscores
shaske

Postby IG_42 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:11 pm

yeah crawlers are assholes was in the middle of offing a titan in the forest and heard quick footsteps i think "there an abberrent behind me" bwarrgh crawler i swung half way across the map and hung off the side of a tree looking for it, i promptly got snagged clean off the trunk
IG_42

Postby Helifano » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 am

My top is 1207 Image

I've only been playing for 2 days but I spent literally ALL of yesterday practicing different methods of the equator cut. The funny thing is that I was ALWAYS playing with Levi, and my success rate of the equator cut was approximately 40-50%, and now that I learned about Levi having shorter blades and Jean having longer, I switched to using Jean and now I land about 90% of them beautifully lol
Helifano

Postby JPro » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:33 am

wanted to meet someone very good in the game, so I can learn, has many things I do not know about Shingeki, but I'm a great player

im a great player, wanted to learn more techniques and ways to play, I do not know very well to damage 3K but I learn
JPro

Postby fishhawk00 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:31 am

Kid_Shadow wrote:-sighes- still trying to configure controls so i'm comfortable :p

I go by defaults, but with a few changes. I think the lock function is really nice, so I moved it to R for easy access, and my change blade to F. Is it me or do a lot of people ignore the dodge key? I usually have mine set on Caps Lock, so I toggle it with my little finger, but I can't set it as any of the keys along the left edge with the Mac keyboard I have. It's really frustrating to switch keyboard set-ups every time I move from a Dell/HP to Mac
fishhawk00

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:38 am

I use LMB/RMB for hooking, and Q/E for attack.
It's better for manuevrability.
Annie Leonhardt

PreviousNext

Return to Newcomers Area