The Newbie Discussion Thread 3

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Re: The Newbie Discussion Thread 3

Postby fishhawk00 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:02 pm

Using the mouse for the gear seems to be more and more common. I use the lock function a lot, but it shares a finger with one of my gear hooks, so toggling between the two is difficult when in mid-swing. Switching to mouse control would free that up considerably. While I'm very comfortable with the setup I have now, I think I'm going to try out the mouse-control, and see how that goes.
fishhawk00

Postby Flashbomb7 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:29 pm

I have a pretty weird control system. Rather than shift, I use space for gas, and double hook is just bound to some random button because I never use it. I have a mouse with two extra side buttons which I use for hooks, and it's actually pretty convenient. It lets me use the normal mouse buttons for attack and still be able to reel and all that, but lately my reels have been getting less reliable and I'm wondering if I'm worsening the durability on my mouse or something.
Flashbomb7

Postby fishhawk00 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:50 pm

I only have two buttons on my current mouse, so using my mouse for more than camera angle and hooks would be impossible without a new one. I've been saving up for a new mouse for my laptop, but my laptop's been on a downward spiral and not going to recover :( All of my new mouse/keyboard cash is now going towards a new laptop, hopefully I can afford one with a good enough graphics card that I can game on it. While I'm on the topic, any suggestions for a gaming worthy laptop that isn't Alienware? I'm not willing to sell my soul to game in HD
fishhawk00

Postby IG_42 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:32 pm

i just banished toggle camera and crosshair to the right side of the keyboard and use default for the rest
might be nice to see what controller compatibility would do
IG_42

Postby Helifano » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:06 pm

[quote="fishhawk00"][quote="Kid_Shadow"]-sighes- still trying to configure controls so i'm comfortable :p[/quote]
I go by defaults, but with a few changes. I think the lock function is really nice, so I moved it to R for easy access, and my change blade to F. Is it me or do a lot of people ignore the dodge key? I usually have mine set on Caps Lock, so I toggle it with my little finger, but I can't set it as any of the keys along the left edge with the Mac keyboard I have. It's really frustrating to switch keyboard set-ups every time I move from a Dell/HP to Mac[/quote]
The only "remapping" I did was I set a macro to one of the buttons on the side of my mouse to q+e. Makes double-hooking for equator cuts a little easier and less stressful on my left hand.
Helifano

Postby fishhawk00 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:32 pm

So I tried using the mouse for the hooks today, and I definitely have mixed feelings about it. For one, I was learning a whole new setup, resulting in quite a few mistakes I wouldn't have made if I was using my old setup. For two, it was awkward and I wasn't comfortable using the same camera angle anymore. That was fun to figure out too.

HOWEVER

someone said that it felt more legit, and I have to agree.
Once I got the hang of it, I was way more proficient at maneuvering. I still haven't figured out comfortable settings for attacking and locking with my left hand, but I could run away well enough to be an effective distraction while my friends took them down. I def recommend trying it out, even if you don't keep it.
fishhawk00

Postby aimop95 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Hey guys! Just discovered this game and I'm having a blast! I'm just wondering how one gets into the pub severs? Or any server to begin with?
aimop95

Postby Khally » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:39 pm

aimop95 wrote:Hey guys! Just discovered this game and I'm having a blast! I'm just wondering how one gets into the pub severs? Or any server to begin with?

Unfortunately, public servers are currently down. However, you can check down below in the Server section of the forums :)
Khally

Postby Helifano » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:56 pm

I don't really feel inefficient. I really like my key layout. I've thought about switching shift and space so that space was gas/jump rather than double hooks but other than that the default feels great.
Helifano

Postby aimop95 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:19 pm

Khally wrote:
aimop95 wrote:Hey guys! Just discovered this game and I'm having a blast! I'm just wondering how one gets into the pub severs? Or any server to begin with?

Unfortunately, public servers are currently down. However, you can check down below in the Server section of the forums :)

I have looked, but I have no idea how to join those Hamachi servers...
aimop95

PreviousNext

Return to Newcomers Area