The Newbie Discussion Thread 3

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Re: The Newbie Discussion Thread 3

Postby fishhawk00 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:28 am

OoTrillionoO wrote:Alienware is really popular for it's gaming hardware, and it gets pretty good ratings. They certainly make some quality equipment but if it's worth the cost is really up to each person. The only thing I don't like about them is their "Let's slap some glow sticks on everything to increase it's worth" concept. But, other than that they do make some pretty good stuff.

I've been looking around some more, and while Alienware is good, it's not recommended until you start getting into the larger screen laptops, or unless you get it the best specs you can. Either was your budget has to be willing to get into the 2k range. There's actually an Asus 15.6" (550JV(?)) that was cooler, quieter, and significantly cheaper, even with the same graphics card and contrast as an Alienware 14". Unfortunately it doesn't have nearly the same level of aesthetics that a Mac or Alienware has.
fishhawk00

Postby tactical_fluke » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:58 pm

fishhawk00 wrote: Unfortunately it doesn't have nearly the same level of aesthetics that a Mac or Alienware has.

Yeah, it really depends on what your looking for.
Personally, I don't care much for aesthetics when looking at laptops and such, as long as it has the hardware to do what I'm wanting to do.
That's just my personal opinion, however.
tactical_fluke

Postby fishhawk00 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:39 pm

True, but I like my laptops to look as nicely as they run. If I'm spending a grand on a laptop, I sure as hell am going to get one with a nice design.
fishhawk00

Postby Kaerea » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Hey all, dropping in on the thread so I can get some stuff moving for myself.

It really is a pity that the public mp servers are down, but I guess private servers are fine.
Any tips on effective Levi playing with a 5-button mouse on a laptop?
Kaerea

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:13 pm

Kaerea wrote:Hey all, dropping in on the thread so I can get some stuff moving for myself.

It really is a pity that the public mp servers are down, but I guess private servers are fine.
Any tips on effective Levi playing with a 5-button mouse on a laptop?

Welcome to the forum. I don't know about the 5-button mouse, but pretty much every day a Noir88 hosts a private server so if you want to, you can play there until Public Servers are back.
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby fishhawk00 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Kaerea wrote: Any tips on effective Levi playing with a 5-button mouse on a laptop?

I would put hooks and attack on the mouse, and use the keyboard for on-ground movement and other stuff like dodge and lock. Try to set things up so you don't need to use the same finger for two things, unless the usage of them definitely will not overlap at some point.
fishhawk00

Postby IG_42 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Kaerea wrote:Any tips on effective Levi playing with a 5-button mouse on a laptop?

make sure you move the toggle camera setting away from everything else it did get me killed a number of times
IG_42

Postby Notara » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Alienware stuff is always pretty questionable to me, considering you can build the same thing for half the cost

It's very worth learning how to build a PC
Notara

Postby Kaerea » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:22 pm

Cheers guys, thanks for the tips! It'll be tough learning it, and it doesn't help that my mouse is starting to die on me... It's got the forward/back sort of buttons on the left of the left click, and it's a trackball mouse (ball on top for the thumb to move the cursor). So which one would you think attack should be, middle mouse? Have the hooks as left and right click and the special on the keyboard? Gonna be tough learning how to do it with a new setup, but it'll be worth it to be a better player when mp comes back in full force...
Kaerea

Postby Accelevi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:43 pm

Reel's only requirements are using gas and going in a pendulum/loop motion.

Activating reel does it fully and instantly, so no idea why it's not convertible to other keys.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to Newcomers Area