The Newbie Discussion Thread 3

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Re: The Newbie Discussion Thread 3

Postby Ralph20 » Sun May 04, 2014 7:04 am

iDeath wrote:ikr dawn and night mode plus playertitans made the game better but feng devolved the killing titans as humans
now its boring killing titans as humans

Devovled how?
Ralph20

Postby BSC » Sun May 04, 2014 7:07 am

Dawn and Night mode are good features to add. It creates a more dynamic gameplay instead of dealing with titans in broad daylight, despite non-canonically. I wouldn't say that killing titans has dropped in "fun-ness". If anything, I feel that it's more challenging and hilarious to play with the new features (PvP, dawn/night, char-balances, etc.).

In response to everyone complaining about trying to sign in, the feature is obviously not apart of the complete section of the update. It's understandable that you may have initially believed for the leaderboard to work as shown in the update video. Regardless, patience and time will solve all issues that have been addressed in this forum.
BSC

Postby Syrius » Sun May 04, 2014 7:13 am

I feel like the dark mode makes a great challenge and gameplay but most of the time I feel like the only way to know where I'm going is by following other player's light source or just looking at my own. Maybe adding an outline of distant trees or titans would give better coordination to the player and an eerie feeling to the gameplay? Other than that it's pretty neat.

Also what would be awesome is a cycle rotation of the day dawn and night modes, you know like minecraft where the time always changes? Idk it seems like a cool perspective change :P
Syrius

Postby Shard » Sun May 04, 2014 7:21 am

But the night modes almost make us unable to see anything i feel like the light should have a bigger radius?
And if there's cycle rotation it would take quite the coding i would think
Shard

Postby Ralph20 » Sun May 04, 2014 7:36 am

The only complaint I have about night mode is that the nametags obscure your vision too much. I want an option to turn off tags.

Also, I liked the old fonts. It made it much easier to see what your teammates were saying in chat and what damage each player was doing.
Ralph20

Postby Seed » Sun May 04, 2014 7:39 am

Having a bigger light would make it somewhat pointless IMO. If you want good vision, you play higher vision time of day. The lack of light in night mode gives it a very unique feel, like it's almost an entirely different game mode. Increasing the light radius is a step backwards.
Seed

Postby CGJashua » Sun May 04, 2014 7:45 am

who woul also want a rework for the City map? :0 its all about rectangles at the moment lol
CGJashua

Postby Ralph20 » Sun May 04, 2014 7:48 am

Of course I'd like to see that map redone, as well as every other map. It would be refreshing.
Ralph20

Postby CGJashua » Sun May 04, 2014 7:49 am

Ralph20 wrote:Of course I'd like to see that map redone, as well as every other map. It would be refreshing.

Exactly, and it can be done and also keeping the low poly models, so it runs great on the web browser c:
why aren't we doing it? :/
CGJashua

Postby Ralph20 » Sun May 04, 2014 7:51 am

Because we aren't the developer. Although this brings up the topic of third party development tools, like a map maker. Now that would be an awesome feature.
Ralph20

PreviousNext

Return to Newcomers Area