The Newbie Discussion Thread 3

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Re: The Newbie Discussion Thread 3

Postby GameTooHard » Mon May 05, 2014 4:09 am

MicroDot wrote:
GameTooHard wrote:Any tips on killing those crawling titan ?? they always annihilate my entire team LOL. There was once I have a stage of 2 crawler and 3 of the quick running one O.o Talk about GG.

For me, the fastest way to deal with crawlers is by using the overhead technique. :D

Is that the rumored aim at forehead and boost to the nape to slash? I only did it twice by luck so far @_@ been trying it out, but always land right on top of their head just to be grabbed D: and also the crawler move too fast for me to aim at hahaha
GameTooHard

Postby Pendragon » Mon May 05, 2014 4:43 am

MicroDot wrote:
GameTooHard wrote:Any tips on killing those crawling titan ?? they always annihilate my entire team LOL. There was once I have a stage of 2 crawler and 3 of the quick running one O.o Talk about GG.

For me, the fastest way to deal with crawlers is by using the overhead technique. :D

Overhead technique? Mind telling me what this is, so I can get good?
Pendragon

Postby MFxEagle » Mon May 05, 2014 4:52 am

I think some of my posts got deleted or merged because I was over 10 posts and had started posting in the normal threads but I dropped back down to nine and I'm a newbie again :(

oh well. anyways, I almost got a new fastest time of at least under 110 on forest but I got grabbed by the very last titan when I missed my equator cut.
MFxEagle

Postby RoyalBlue » Mon May 05, 2014 4:59 am

Hey everyone~

Pendragon wrote:Overhead technique? Mind telling me what this is, so I can get good?

So I'm assuming the overhead technique MicroDot mentioned is when you hook a tree/building slightly above the crawler's head, then drop down and slash at the head. You have to be careful to hook lower on the tree when the crawler is really small, by the way, so it can't jump at you.
RoyalBlue

Postby Shirosaki » Mon May 05, 2014 5:12 am

Pendragon, I believe they are referring to this or otherwise this.
Shirosaki

Postby Pendragon » Mon May 05, 2014 5:17 am

Shirosaki wrote:Pendragon, I believe they are referring to this or otherwise this.

The first one I do it all the time, well I do it by gassing back first and then hooking for boost, but for the crawler one, it seems fairly harder to do when you go up against bigger crawlers.
Pendragon

Postby Shirosaki » Mon May 05, 2014 5:21 am

For larger crawlers, you'll need extra spacing between it and yourself.
Shirosaki

Postby MFxEagle » Mon May 05, 2014 5:58 am

110 speedrun on forest! my fastest time yet :D

EDIT: I also got to wave 5 just now. So now I've unofficially (I'm not even on the roster yet haha) ranked up to corporal on day one. I just can't post proof yet since I'm blocked from the regular forums.
Last edited by MFxEagle on Mon May 05, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MFxEagle

Postby MicroDot » Mon May 05, 2014 6:13 am

Pendragon wrote:
Shirosaki wrote:Pendragon, I believe they are referring to this or otherwise this.

The first one I do it all the time, well I do it by gassing back first and then hooking for boost, but for the crawler one, it seems fairly harder to do when you go up against bigger crawlers.

It is harder to do against bigger crawlers. especially on abnormal mode..

Oh and Thanks Shirosaki for providing the link.
MicroDot

Postby MikasaChan » Mon May 05, 2014 8:13 am

Cyzo wrote:I always try to post myself above crawlers, then fall onto its nape and latch on. With a good precision landing it tends to work pretty well!

Also, anyone know if posting allows me to sign in with my account for the game?

I usually just hook on a tree and get a bit higher up than the crawlers and wait for them to close in, then I just hook on to their neck and cut. It might be harder to cut the big crawlers and I usually use Mikasa's special when I am on their neck, Petra's special should also work I believe. But without using Mikasa's special I usually end up dying when trying to kill big crawlers :(

I think you need 10+ posts but I also think that Feng only moved those with 10+ posts forum accounts to the game's accounts and since he wont be back for a while It's probably just better to wait till the server clears up and register in game.

Edit: have you read this? viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7813 This should explain everything
MikasaChan

PreviousNext

Return to Newcomers Area