The Newbie Discussion Thread 3

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Re: The Newbie Discussion Thread 3

Postby Pendragon » Tue May 06, 2014 6:31 am

Kagynt wrote:whats the highest documented legit hit so far?

To be honest, we don't know. The highest documented is Zeref with 13478, but many people, and I honestly don't see the point of arguing this, say that he has abused a glitch/exploit to get that high. To me, I honestly don't care. If people want to get high points, do that too then, but generally, just have fun when you play. Find what you are interested in, and get better there. There are tons of people who are ready to help you, so just keep an eye out.
Pendragon

Postby dogboy » Tue May 06, 2014 6:42 am

zRavioli wrote:
K.Aldmer wrote:Well said on both points but I'm not sure that a full caps post was required to convey them. On that note though how does everyone else generally use their flares? and if you are one of those that spam all of them all the time pointlessly any chance you could comment what that is actually meant to mean?
I personally use:
Green: I'd like some people to group up and move as a team with me.
Red: More titans here than it's safe for me to handle alone.
Black: Crawler/ Player Titan here.

Thinking back to the anime and manga I do believe green was used as an all clear generally so maybe I should conform to that.

I don't want to be "that guy", but green was used to send a signal to change directions in the Recon formation.

Anyways, I think it depends on how people play. I've been on a server forum where the protocol is:
Green = Group up / All clear
Red = Titan(s) spotted
Black = Abnormal / Crawler
Green + Black = Light assistance needed (maybe one or two people to come and watch your back or make a distraction when you're taking on two or less titans, but aren't meant to kill directly)
Red + Black = Heavy assistance needed (three or more titans or multiple abnormal titans, multiple people needed and killing on sight is allowed)

I usually just use the first three flares, though. Combos always mess me up xD

"Green + Black = Light assistance needed (maybe one or two people to come and watch your back or make a distraction when you're taking on two or less titans, but aren't meant to kill directly)"

Do you really just expect people who see green + black flares to understand that message? I think that's completely ridiculous to assume anyone would think "Oh, light assistance needed over there. Maybe one or two of us should go there to watch his back or make a distraction while he's taking on two or less titans, but aren't meant to kill directly". I mean, come on. You can't just make up combos without other people knowing what they mean and expect them to understand. Just stick to the regular flares, in that situation, why not set up a red flare and, I don't know, maybe TYPE that ridiculously long description of what you need from putting a flare up?

Sorry to kind of bash you here, but that's a little bit ridiculous, and I seriously doubt that anyone who see's a green and a black flair together will understand that message. Ever.

On the other side, I do use red+black in the same sense. Usually when things are very bad in an area, and I need help quick. My original point was, when you add green to the mix, it's like says "Bad, Very bad, Good" all at once. Which is confusing and stupid. You can convey what you need through 1 flare most always, and if not, use the chat system to tell them. Expecting people to understand such bizarre flare combination concepts is silly, but I think generally people will understand that black + red = very bad, come quick. As it seems to every time I play (and I see a lot of others doing it as well).

In short, adding a black or red flare with a green flare = Ridiculous.
Adding a black flare with a red flare = Okay.
Adding all three flares at once = You're flare spamming, probably a mistake, or you're an obnoxious person, I'm not coming to help you, I'm not coming to regroup with you, I'm probably not going to do anything you want me to if you're trying to communicate it by using 3 flares.
dogboy

Postby stephen carl » Tue May 06, 2014 7:03 am

they must have a strong foundation guild that contains good and excellent players.
stephen carl

Postby mmohappy521 » Tue May 06, 2014 7:26 am

Have you ever been at work and needed to access a document that would normally be stored on your home computer? This is no longer a problem when taking advantage of the advice provided by this article.There are many different websites that promise many Path of Exile Orbs things when it comes to online data storage. A good way to makes sure the site that you pick is safe and reliable is to read up on the website's history and check reviews by other users that happen to frequent the site for their back up needs. Make sure the usual online subjects are present on the storage website. Also, review the terms and privacy policies to Path of Exile Items ensure you know where you understand how your data is held.Protecting your data by backing it up online has never been so easy and free.
mmohappy521

Postby SuperCyp » Tue May 06, 2014 8:02 am

I always see the flares as Green = good to go/ all clear, red = Titan spotted may need help and black = abnormal spotted help needed immediately, honestly if someone flares I head to them to double check. Safety in numbers, I don't mind being a meatshield. HAVE FAITH ./stabbed
SuperCyp

Postby soullinker » Tue May 06, 2014 8:13 am

I just noticed that Levi's special is a bit more faster is'nt it guys?
soullinker

Postby Yuuma14 » Tue May 06, 2014 8:22 am

Hmm.. I think if you want big damage, you must have speeds and perfect accuracy. :)
And dont forget one important thing, LUCKY ;) :lol:
Yuuma14

Postby norris7739 » Tue May 06, 2014 8:23 am

BSC wrote:
MikasaChan wrote:
norris7739 wrote:Not sure if anybody else has the same problem, but when I try to join a game, I get redirected to http://fenglee.com/ Does anybody know why?

Haven't had such a problem, did you write the right address? http://fenglee.com/game/aog/ What browser are you using? Have you tried clearing cache or lowering internet security/put fenglee.com in allowed websites or what it is called and like allow cookies?

There's a problem with web address of the domain. There are two separate ones that work, one of which unfortunately redirects to fenglee.com.

1) fenglee.com/game/aog
This is the one you'll want to be to using.

2) http://fenglee.com/game/aog
I believe this is the one that causes you to be redirected upon joining a game.

Please correct if wrong.

I tried, but "fenglee.com/game/aog" just takes me to the old one, and I actually use "http://www.fenglee.com/game/aog/" for the new update, thanks though.
norris7739

Postby Yuuma14 » Tue May 06, 2014 8:32 am

Jordan475 wrote:Is it possible to get 2000+ in damage?

Yes, sure why not? :lol:
You must have lot of speed, perfect accuracy, and LUCK to get 2000+ damage :)
Now my record is 4000+ damage, just believe it! :)
Yuuma14

Postby BSC » Tue May 06, 2014 8:38 am

norris7739 wrote:
BSC wrote:
There's a problem with web address of the domain. There are two separate ones that work, one of which unfortunately redirects to fenglee.com.

1) fenglee.com/game/aog
This is the one you'll want to be to using.

2) http://fenglee.com/game/aog
I believe this is the one that causes you to be redirected upon joining a game.

Please correct if wrong.

I tried, but "fenglee.com/game/aog" just takes me to the old one, and I actually use "http://www.fenglee.com/game/aog/" for the new update, thanks though.

Where are you playing the game? Sometimes a proxy can cause the redirect as well. Hope this helps.
BSC

PreviousNext

Return to Newcomers Area