Newbie Discussion Thread IV

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Newbie Discussion Thread IV

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Read these two links unless you would like a ban.
Which could be a permanent one, depending on the severity of your infractions.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6151
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7813

THIS THREAD IS FOR GENERAL DISCUSSION.

Spam/short/multiple-posts-in-a-row posts will be deleted, and I will push you back to being a newbie, and/or give you a ban, if needed.

MAKE IT PRODUCTIVE.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Re: Newbie Discussion Thread IV

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 06, 2014 8:06 pm

Shadow read the damn announcements.
Marco, this is for newbies' discussion, and registered users help out, not their own discussions.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby TurtleHermit » Tue May 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Question!!?!?!?!?!?
it seems accelllevi thinks im an idiot already ;-; but to my point i posted in the previous thread but it seems it was deleted (several) tho looking at the rules it doesnt
seem that i broke any (obviously i musta)
so is there any way to tell what i did wrong ... like somekind of automated msg telling me im an idiot.
if not where could i ut in a request for the such ????

dont ban me accelevi SENPAI !!!!!!!
TurtleHermit

Postby Sly » Tue May 06, 2014 8:12 pm

I have a question that could be interesting. I apologize if this post is short but...

Has anyone not seen the anime/ Read the manga? O.o
Sly

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Just read the rules and you will be fine.
Avoid spam, avoid posting about the register system (yes we all know it's borked), and stuff of the sort, double-posting/etc.

EDIT: I personally haven't read the manga, but then again, I don't read manga usually.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Roin » Tue May 06, 2014 8:19 pm

Sly wrote:I have a question that could be interesting. I apologize if this post is short but...

I suspect that most have at least seen the anime, due to the recent localized/English version being released to Toonami. Clearly they'd be behind, but we shouldn't throw spoilers into discussion anyhow. Now that I've finished watching the anime (to where it is, anyhow), I plan to read the manga. Reason being that the manga for most shows of Attack on Titan's caliber is FAR greater than the show, as you see things far more graphically/portrayed to the original theme. The world of literature, after all, is far more open-minded than the anime market (as seen in censorship laws being done over "ridiculous" things, such as only a portion more of skin or such hidden away).

And yes: The anime market. Not the various other forms of anime, but rather just the general viewership (for anyone trying to be dirty, I decided to clarify this)

TLDR: I'm sure most of everyone here has at least seen an episode of the anime or read a bit of the manga, if not both.
Roin

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 06, 2014 8:21 pm

Most people here probably at least watched a bit of the anime.
And iirc, the forum rules I made state anything in anime isn't spoiler anymore, and doesn't need spoiler tags, on the forum.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby TurtleHermit » Tue May 06, 2014 8:28 pm

Sly wrote:I have a question that could be interesting. I apologize if this post is short but...

ooo ooo me me me i watched the animu like 3-4 times (mainly to show other ppl [wololololololo])
and i read the manga an loved it
tho i hae to say in the first vol. of the manga the artwork was pretty bad ... imediatly improved tho loved it all tho
TurtleHermit

Postby Codi » Tue May 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Watched the whole anime, rewatched a few episodes mainly 'cuz I had to double check some things since I write fanfiction, and read the manga... Last chapter was 57? I'm gonna try to keep spoilers to myself unelss someone wants to talk about them (gonna tag them if I won't forget myself >.>") though last time I asked in-game everyone seemed to know of the most recent things from manga... so, ya.

I have to say that as much as I love the manga there are a few things that look better in the anime, I always tend to confuse myself with fight scenes in the mangas, and those look spectacular in the anime. Also regarding manga, the artwork... "evolves", it's pretty normal with mangas, characters actually look slightly different as time goes by (the lines get sharper/softer).
Codi

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 06, 2014 8:38 pm

I just like the idea of seiyuus and OP/EDs.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Next

Return to Newcomers Area