Newbie Discussion Thread IV

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Re: Newbie Discussion Thread IV

Postby goobers12 » Tue May 06, 2014 8:45 pm

I've read the manga, and seen the anime. The wait for the second season put me off for a while, but I'm getting back in to it.
goobers12

Postby Codi » Tue May 06, 2014 8:51 pm

Accelevi wrote:I just like the idea of seiyuus and OP/EDs.

Seiyuus are a great thing, I like being able to put a voice to a face. It might be me but I just don't really like the non-japanese dubs. I don't really know about opinions of others, but I share the opinion with my sister, and for us the Japanese make the best voiceovers and dubbings ever and I'm not very happy whenever I hear that some of the animes are getting English dub (or, God forbid, Polish dub)... I understand why they are being made, but I usually just don't like the dubbed versions.
Codi

Postby goobers12 » Tue May 06, 2014 8:55 pm

I don't like dubs either, they either overdo emotions, or something that just generally ruins it. Japanese seem to be able to put their voice to a character without ruining it.
goobers12

Postby Saki » Tue May 06, 2014 9:00 pm

I can proudly say i've never read the manga and have only watched a few clips of the anime.
I plan to watch the anime eventually though. After I convince myself that it'll just be around Inuyasha levels of blood and stuff and nothing too bad. (If it is worse then please don't tell me)

I have to say though, it should be fun watching it since I plan to watch it from 25 to 1. Confusing as heck, but hey, people come back to life. +Yūki Kaji, one of my favorite voice actors.
Saki

Postby goobers12 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:09 pm

Saki wrote:I can proudly say i've never read the manga and have only watched a few clips of the anime.
I plan to watch the anime eventually though. After I convince myself that it'll just be around Inuyasha levels of blood and stuff and nothing too bad. (If it is worse then please don't tell me)

I have to say though, it should be fun watching it since I plan to watch it from 25 to 1. Confusing as heck, but hey, people come back to life. +Yūki Kaji, one of my favorite voice actors.

Proudly? Meh, I think it's better to read/watch then play.
goobers12

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Things get lost in translation, which is really why I don't like subs.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Saki » Tue May 06, 2014 9:22 pm

goobers12 wrote:
Saki wrote:I can proudly say i've never read the manga and have only watched a few clips of the anime.

Proudly? Meh, I think it's better to read/watch then play.

I meant it jokingly, I really wish I had watched or read the series. From what little i've seen it seems pretty good though.
Saki

Postby Tatsurei » Tue May 06, 2014 9:33 pm

Where can I watch some Attack on Titan Manga?
Tatsurei

Postby Codi » Tue May 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Tatsurei wrote:Where can I watch some Attack on Titan Manga?

There are many sites where you can read the manga.

I personally use mangareader.net (though the last chapter was... lacking a few pages O_O)
Codi

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 06, 2014 9:50 pm

Use Google?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to Newcomers Area