Game Suggestions II

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Re: Game Suggestions II

Postby Kamon-san » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:15 pm

The Rogue Titan wrote:That wouldn't be very good because then it'd be way easy for soldiers to just hide the whole game. That and Feng would have to waste time designing an interior

I must admit I was thinking it would have been cool to have a few buildings you could enter at first, but I can only agree with Rogue Titan. The only thing that would make it fair for buildings to work as temporary hiding spots would be for the Titans to somehow be able to break them after a few hits.

...but if the buildings start getting destroyed, that gives us very little to maneuver on. XD
Kamon-san

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Kamon-san wrote:
The Rogue Titan wrote:That wouldn't be very good because then it'd be way easy for soldiers to just hide the whole game. That and Feng would have to waste time designing an interior

I must admit I was thinking it would have been cool to have a few buildings you could enter at first, but I can only agree with Rogue Titan. The only thing that would make it fair for buildings to work as temporary hiding spots would be for the Titans to somehow be able to break them after a few hits.

...but if the buildings start getting destroyed, that gives us very little to maneuver on. XD

That, and the added physics objects would affect the performance of some people's computers.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Eliope » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:12 pm

hi,
It would be nice to akina, the 5 best times we completely from the game, in the statistics.
Eliope

Weather/Day+Night cycle

Postby TinyTark » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:59 pm

In attack on titan you don't really see much of a change in the time apart from in different episodes but It would be cool to see a option to decide whether the time changes every couple of minutes or a certain amount of time, also weather could be pretty awesome. THIS IS GOING TO SLIGHTLY SPOIL PART 2 OF THE LEVI OVA When Levi, Farlan and Isabel go out on a recon mission, it starts to rain and flares are no longer usable, seeing this in the next update would be pretty damn cool, I mean, with the GearGadget game coming out it'd be rough on this game, but if these small (yet hard to implement) changes were made, it'd give the game a more attack on titan-like experience and get you thinking about how you will act out a fight (if you like to use flares)
TinyTark

Postby The Rogue Titan » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:05 pm

I'd agree with the rain, but not the day/night cycle. But even with the rain, I think there'd be too many performance issues.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Cyrus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:58 pm

The Rogue Titan wrote:I'd agree with the rain, but not the day/night cycle. But even with the rain, I think there'd be too many performance issues.

Depends on how it is implemented. If it's just applied to the camera as a basic effect that follows the camera, the performance hit wouldn't even be noticeable.

Feng could just hollow it out, wouldn't be hard on performance either.

The Rogue Titan wrote:
Kamon-san wrote:

That, and the added physics objects would affect the performance of some people's computers.

It's not like it needs to be able to realistically collapse. Imagine it. Titans can attack a house if a player is inside, they'll do a set amount of hp damage to the house. after enough damage is done a smoke effect can be played, then after a quick delay a sound can be played and you can switch out the model with a destroyed version. The titan being able to get through the house to smash the person may be a different story, perhaps letting them just clip through if feng can't think of anything. The performance wouldn't be horrific at all.

That said, I don't think this should be a high priority if at all though it would be neat as an optional thing. Just saying it's not impossible or completely impractical.
Cyrus

Postby Walter White » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:08 pm

i think that the most urgent change is about the way titans move, they should be able to somehow predict if in their way there is an obstacle, and if that's so they should be ablo to detect it and change direction, that should work with other titans too, to make them walk close but to avoid gangs, that are quite annoying. also i'd love to be able to keep my momentum for some secs when i land, so that i could keep running and then jump again, that would be awesome. i think the best way to implement somethink like this would be to make the amount of secs that you are able to run at max momentum proportional to the angle with wich you landed, so if you landend somehow horizontally you will keep your momentum while running (but you won't be able to change direction due to said momentum, or change it slightly), if you landed somehow vertically you will loose your momentum almost instantly and slide as usual for now.
i think another great touch would be to somehow implement this momentum mechanism to wall jumps too, so that in certain angles i'll be able to power jump
Walter White

Postby Missa-chan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:16 am

I think it would be an interesting idea to add dungeons the the game as an extra challenge. you could do so much with them and it would be a very fun thing to do. I understand that it would take quite some time to make it and would be more complex that a normal map but I think it would be worth it in the long run.
Missa-chan

Postby Noinspiration » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:22 pm

Maybe it'd be cool/more of a challenge if players get a speed penalty or something when they hit objects in fast speed, bc if you're going like superfast and bump into a tree you can just go ahead like nothing happened which is kinda unrealistic (ok yeah the idea of titans and 3DMG is unrealistic as well bc Anime, i know i know) so maybe have like 5seconds of slower acceleration would be a fun idea ;D?
Noinspiration

Postby bloodstrikez » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:19 pm

With only players and titans, the city map always seems so empty. I have a suggestion, how about adding actual npc model running to the north gate? And I noticed the titans often spawn at the same spots, especially in trost mode, it's quite boring, it's possible to add an extra feature where titans are actually coming into the city, it would be more fun to defend eran that way.
bloodstrikez

PreviousNext

Return to Newcomers Area