Bug Reports II

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Re: Bug Reports II

Postby Theta » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:28 pm

Titans grabbing from far away. This happens, to my knowledge, because when you get grabbed, it only detects where you are at the beginning of the animation. If you're on the titan's nape at the start of the animation, but then fly away to build up more speed before the kill, you could be in the Caribbean by the time they finish the nape grab animation and still fly back into their hand.
Theta

Postby Axnonon » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:37 pm

Theta wrote:Titans grabbing from far away. This happens, to my knowledge, because when you get grabbed, it only detects where you are at the beginning of the animation. If you're on the titan's nape at the start of the animation, but then fly away to build up more speed before the kill, you could be in the Caribbean by the time they finish the nape grab animation and still fly back into their hand.

I have to ask, was it in multiplayer? that happens alot to me in MP :(
Axnonon

Postby SashaKai » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:27 am

If it's in multiplayer, it might be because of lag :/ I've had that happen to me a few times. Just.. try to stay away from hands o-o haha
SashaKai

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:01 pm

I recently came across a player who constantly kept reviving without the use of any command or mod available. I've no further information, as it only seems random to me. Maybe it's a browser-based issue or something.
Alex

Postby Cyrus » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:20 pm

Theta wrote:Titans grabbing from far away. This happens, to my knowledge, because when you get grabbed, it only detects where you are at the beginning of the animation. If you're on the titan's nape at the start of the animation, but then fly away to build up more speed before the kill, you could be in the Caribbean by the time they finish the nape grab animation and still fly back into their hand.

This is incorrect, they don't grab you due to an animation error or really any direct bug caused by Feng since the game does have seperate hitboxes on the hands to handle grabbing and slapping that are checked actively while the titan is attacking. The issue that causes this bug is two fold. 1: Feng made the hand hitboxes massive and 2: Only the host checks whether the hands hit someone.

This means that if you're still on the nape on the host's screen when the hands get there, even if you are on the other side of the forest on your screen, you will pop back to his hands. This is due to the fact that only the host runs the TITAN.update() method, which handles attacking and animation, and only the host's titan hitboxes actually matter for that. In addition, this is why you can get denied kills. The host handles that as well, so if you're frozen on the host's screen or just lagging, when you strike a titan the game will think you're cheating since you're technically too far away to have hit that on the host's game, so the game doesn't give you the kill.

This bug is simply due to the way Feng setup the host-client interactions in this game. There's no verification from the clients before the host kills them or titans, it's all on the host. How do I know this? I've been modding this game for awhile now, and also played it for a very long time. Feel free to ask more about bugs like this if you're curious.
Cyrus

Postby Alex » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:47 pm

I've came across an odd bug where the MC of the server I was, at the time, playing on left and the server was ongoing without acknowledgement towards the departure of the host, thus becoming broken. It simply proceeded to function as if the host wasn't absent and didn't restart and reselect to someone else, however thankfully it rectified itself a while later. I'm unsure of the cause, but I'll assume it's a simple oversight within the coding or so.
Alex

Postby Wolf Winter Games » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:35 am

There's a fly in my room. I think it died in my cereal. It might not be dead, but it looks dead.

Also the gas station is white. What's up with that?
Wolf Winter Games

Postby Alex » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:25 am

Wolf Winter Games wrote:There's a fly in my room. I think it died in my cereal. It might not be dead, but it looks dead.

Also the gas station is white. What's up with that?

Within the game (unless of alternative circumstances I'm oblivious to), the gas station always appears as white. Hence there's no real concern to be taken upon there.
Alex

might not be a bug

Postby JeanKirstein » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:11 pm

This might not be a bug, but I'm stuck at the please wait loading when trying to register or login. :|
JeanKirstein

Bug Reports II

Postby Miguelot » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:25 am

Very interesting. Ive made a note of all of them. Thank you for the screenshots and detailed reports.
Miguelot

PreviousNext

Return to Newcomers Area