Newbie Discussion Thread V

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Re: Newbie Discussion Thread V

Postby Cyrus » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:16 pm

Alex wrote:Due to uncertainty, I've decided to ask here.
What's up with this "server closed" nonsense? I suffered two seemingly random incidents.

An abusive modder is closing servers in multiple regions. Hopefully it blows over and he gets bored.
Cyrus

Re: Newbie Discussion Thread V (For Vendett-ers)

Postby Porkey » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:18 am

Alright, so I've been registered on the forum since accounts became a thing, but I've not had a reason to post until now. Expecting that Accelevi or Feng will see this...

We already know the rules of the forum. Specifically, you're not allowed to post any illegal material on the forum.
If you do; the mods see it, they ban you, and things are taken care of as needed, right? Right.

But, I was just in a multiplayer server a while ago, and there was a person in said server who seemed to be soliciting some... Illegal material.
If this was on the forum, or if they had been using their registered account for the game, this would be easy to take care of. Report them to a mod and it's done.
But this player was using an RC client. I could tell by the default color of their name.

Now, I have firm reason to believe that this person in question was really just another dumb idiot trying to be one of those "internet trolls" and might not have actually been soliciting anything.
But it got me thinking. What if someone starts going around the MP servers with some sort of mod, and actually starts trying to spread some law/rulebreaking stuff?

If they're using some custom name, then there's no immediate, easy way of reporting them to the moderators, because they're not using a forum-linked account.
The moderators can't block players by a username, because they can just change their username anyway.
What's the name of the company that hosts the MP servers for Feng? Photon? Exit Games? I would assume that they would have IP addresses and chat logs of everything that happened.
So that would be our only way of nabbing them, then, right? Tell a moderator about it, give them info about what happened... Have Exit Games check the server logs for playername "XYZ" and all their activity from a certain time range, in a certain server, and go from there..?

Remember, I'm not talking about a person using yet another banned mod. What do we do if someone is going around spreading legitimately malevolent material?
If it's on the forum or with a standard game client; report them to a forum moderator. But if they're using an exe mod with a custom name... What do we do then?
Porkey

Postby clydelaguna » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:10 am

Thanks for activate my account Accel
clydelaguna

Postby clydelaguna » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:25 am

to who wanted to join LoN(Legion of Nobles) just Pm me
clydelaguna

Postby Cheesyman » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:39 am

Didn't know I still only had 2 posts so i'll ask here

Does anyone know what's going to happen to the game once chrome and firefox and potentially other browsers end support for plugins such as unity? Is there some alternative way to access it once that occurs or will the game simply change to a non-plugin form?
Cheesyman

Postby Cyrus » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:35 am

The next update will most likely move the game to Unity 5, which will switch it to a web format supported by major browsers. Till then we just have to play on browsers that still support the ancient NPAPI.
Cyrus

Re: Newbie Discussion Thread V (For Vendett-ers)

Postby geassguy9 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:59 pm

Porkey wrote:Alright, so I've been registered on the forum since accounts became a thing, but I've not had a reason to post until now. Expecting that Accelevi or Feng will see this...

We already know the rules of the forum. Specifically, you're not allowed to post any illegal material on the forum.
If you do; the mods see it, they ban you, and things are taken care of as needed, right? Right.

But, I was just in a multiplayer server a while ago, and there was a person in said server who seemed to be soliciting some... Illegal material.
If this was on the forum, or if they had been using their registered account for the game, this would be easy to take care of. Report them to a mod and it's done.
But this player was using an RC client. I could tell by the default color of their name.

Now, I have firm reason to believe that this person in question was really just another dumb idiot trying to be one of those "internet trolls" and might not have actually been soliciting anything.
But it got me thinking. What if someone starts going around the MP servers with some sort of mod, and actually starts trying to spread some law/rulebreaking stuff?

If they're using some custom name, then there's no immediate, easy way of reporting them to the moderators, because they're not using a forum-linked account.
The moderators can't block players by a username, because they can just change their username anyway.
What's the name of the company that hosts the MP servers for Feng? Photon? Exit Games? I would assume that they would have IP addresses and chat logs of everything that happened.
So that would be our only way of nabbing them, then, right? Tell a moderator about it, give them info about what happened... Have Exit Games check the server logs for playername "XYZ" and all their activity from a certain time range, in a certain server, and go from there..?

Remember, I'm not talking about a person using yet another banned mod. What do we do if someone is going around spreading legitimately malevolent material?
If it's on the forum or with a standard game client; report them to a forum moderator. But if they're using an exe mod with a custom name... What do we do then?

There are no moderators for the game itself or any sort of rules telling people what they can and cant do in game. In short, there's nothing anyone can do about it besides maybe Feng himself.
geassguy9

Postby Cheesyman » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Cyrus wrote:The next update will most likely move the game to Unity 5, which will switch it to a web format supported by major browsers. Till then we just have to play on browsers that still support the ancient NPAPI.

Ah okay, sounds reasonable enough, here's hoping there is a next update even if it is to do just that, thanks
Cheesyman

Postby Anther » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:13 pm

I have tried multiple times to make a account/profile thing in the game for the game.
I correctly input all information.
Then I click the button.
And then it says "Please wait..."
For hours.
Every.
Single.
Time.
Anther

Postby shingekinoSTPHN » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:31 am

Anther wrote:I have tried multiple times to make a account/profile thing in the game for the game.
I correctly input all information.
Then I click the button.
And then it says "Please wait..."
For hours.
Every.
Single.
Time.

Actually the Registration is no update but u can use RC mod for now ...
shingekinoSTPHN

PreviousNext

Return to Newcomers Area