On killing titans lore wise. NOT game related.

Where discussion of Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan will occur. (⌒▽⌒)☆
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

On killing titans lore wise. NOT game related.

Postby RancorSnp » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:01 am

I was just reading dungeon threads, and noticed that most people think that hitting titans nape is certain kill.

Well its not. Its the only known way to kill it yes, but the cut MUST be deep enough.

1st - on the training Jean mentioned that he didn't cut deep enough to kill
2nd - MINOR SPOILER - using a wood choping axe Sasha couldn't kill titan so small that it wasn't much higher than she is. He just ignored her as his wound healed between every chop.

So basicly either you one hit a titan or you dont kill it at all.
Thats all I wanted to say.
RancorSnp

Re: On killing titans lore wise. NOT game related.

Postby MysteriousPerson » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:10 am

RancorSnp wrote:I was just reading dungeon threads, and noticed that most people think that hitting titans nape is certain kill.

Well its not. Its the only known way to kill it yes, but the cut MUST be deep enough.

2nd - MINOR SPOILER - using a wood choping axe Sasha couldn't kill titan so small that it wasn't much higher than she is. He just ignored her as his wound healed between every chop.

MysteriousPerson

Postby The Sketcher » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:15 am

RancorSnp wrote:I was just reading dungeon threads, and noticed that most people think that hitting titans nape is certain kill.

I don't think you understand. You're not supposed to damage the nape, you're supposed to tear it out. Sasha can't kill that titan because she's just swinging it and hitting the neck.
That's why soldiers use dual blades to kill them, so that they can tear it out quickly by driving one in from the top and the second from the bottom.
The Sketcher

Postby takuta » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:18 am

guess that's why 10 is the minimum damage?
takuta

Postby RancorSnp » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:21 am

It it still not confirmed, but I and many other people think its all about killing the host. Why else that one and only wound would be able to kill it before it regenerates. Anyways if you slice away only his skin, it wouldnt probably kill him right?
Pretty sure that the taller the titan is the deeper you must go. Its not a problem since they train on 15 meter ones.
RancorSnp

Postby Tic-Tac » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:09 am

If I remember correctly, in one of the early chapters of shingeki no kyojin - chapters 0 I think -, we can clearly see some kind of really big "brain stem" (it looks like it, I don't say it is it)

They call it "core" or "nucleus" (Noyau in french here : http://www.lecture-en-ligne.com/images/ ... n/0/57.jpg on the upper right , and he says "There ! I am lucky, I can see the Core")

But in this chapter, it's strangely not in the nape, the autor probably got the Idea of the weak spot being the nape after that.
Tic-Tac

Postby Peanuts » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:35 am

Thread locked due to the post being contradictory.
Started by disagreeing that hitting titans' napes is not a certain kill, and end of the post stating, "...either kill a titan in one hit or not at all" :shock:
Please send a PM to me or any of the mods, if you think otherwise / I may have interpreted wrongly. (If that's the case, I apologize in advance

Edit: Unlocked and moved to this section as he wanted to speak about titan's napes in the anime/manga
Peanuts

Return to Shingeki no Kyojin Discussion