Log Horizon

Where other NON-SNK animanga can be discussed. (★^O^★)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Log Horizon

Postby TataBlitz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:52 am

How many people have watched/read this? A lot of people seem to ignore it because the summary makes it look like a SAO rip-off and I was in that mindset too, I didn't particularly like SAO so I was avoiding it but started watching from a recommendation of a friend of mine and I enjoy it so far.

Besides the basic premise of being stuck in a video game, I like how it spins in a completely different direction with its focus on strategy, classes etc, making it feel more MMO like.

This was written by the same author as Maoyu so there is politics, economics involved but that doesn't subtract from it.

Thoughts?
TataBlitz

Re: Log Horizon

Postby Z.E.D » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:59 am

Love the show :) The OP is awesome , the plot is better than expected and unpredictable ,animation is pretty decent ; Elder tale seems like a game that would be actually very fun to play don't you think?
Z.E.D

Postby TataBlitz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:06 am

dude if that was a real game, I'd play it in a heartbeat. What class would you be?

For me Assassin ftw or swashbuckler, agility and crits is my MMO playing style.
TataBlitz

Postby Z.E.D » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:28 am

Either Naotsugu class, or the Swashbuckler like Shoryu :)
Z.E.D

Postby Peanuts » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:05 am

I watched it, and it's pretty cool, yea, ppl say it might be a rip-off, but after watching it, there's no way it copied SAO. It has its own storyline, and I especially like how they show you a scene you wanted it to continue, but they show it to you, the next 2-3 episodes later, like the part about Rundel.

OP, one of the main reasons I watch it :D
Peanuts

Postby Z.E.D » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Dammit Rundealhaus mystery XD I bet he's a real person who became a "people of the land"
Z.E.D

Postby Steindifox » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:13 pm

The new episodes are keeping up pretty well.
Also the incoming battle is going to be glorious! That is if anyone of you are still watching :)

Akatsuki/assassin class everyday
Steindifox

Postby Peanuts » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:40 am

Steindifox wrote:The new episodes are keeping up pretty well.
Also the incoming battle is going to be glorious! That is if anyone of you are still watching :)

Akatsuki/assassin class everyday

Akatsuki / cute XD

Henrietta ~ Akatsuki :lol: Love it so much!!
Peanuts

Postby TataBlitz » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:00 pm

Akatsuki is adorable and the ED makes her even more so :)

IMO, I like the ED song better, the OP isn't one of my favorites because of the mash of languages, if it went all English or all Japanese I would like it better, I don't like only understanding half of it.
TataBlitz

Postby Peanuts » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:08 am

GDI episode 17, and still nothing about Rundel, why are you dragging this on?! :x
Peanuts

Next

Return to Anime & Manga