Log Horizon

Where other NON-SNK animanga can be discussed. (★^O^★)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Log Horizon

Postby Colopty » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:36 pm

Is that not the solution to all problems? Hell, it even got me out of the trouble I got into because I kept throwing pretty girls at things.
Seriously, it's an awesome solution in all situations.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Colopty
Forum Luminary

Formerly: Cephalopod god

Postby Azure Sky » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Bad ep, not enough Akatsuki
Well Log Horizon is clearly going to continue for awhile, long past episode 25, unless they hit us with the worlds largest show ending plot twist.
Azure Sky

Postby Peanuts » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:58 am

Though the ending had 2-3 cool scenes of Akatsuki, it was awesome :o
Her spinning down the air
Her Hair swinging in the red background

*melts*

The ending was awesome
Peanuts

Postby TataBlitz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:44 am

yea the ending scenes were great, I like the call backs making the series come full circle. What do you guys think of nureha?

I liked the red background and the moon shot of nureha and akatsuki the best. Also lol marvis got pwned so fast so hard.
TataBlitz

Postby Peanuts » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:32 am

TataBlitz wrote:yea the ending scenes were great, I like the call backs making the series come full circle. What do you guys think of nureha?

I liked the red background and the moon shot of nureha and akatsuki the best. Also lol marvis got pwned so fast so hard.

She seems like a m-personality to me :lol: , though how she could make Shiroe flutter, made me curious about the future events, can't wait for this fall >_<

Marvis was up against Shiroe and Crusty, what else was there to say? xD
Peanuts

Postby Z.E.D » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:27 am

So.....Good. can't wait for the rest of the story.
Z.E.D

Postby Connorhere » Sun May 11, 2014 3:34 am

I kinda got a bit mad at this series. I was really looking forward to an MMO-centered anime, and it introduced really cool ideas like all the classes and the abilities that go with them, as well as sub-classes and all that. I especially loved all the battle tactics they used with Shiroe superivising it all near the start, but then it just kinda stopped never to be seen again. Any other fight scenes were just kinda there, the closest thing was the little dungeon Rudy and Co did.

I understand that it shouldn't all be action-oriented, but it presented itself like that so i was disappointed with the lack of it. I love how they were trying to have the characters experience the new virtual world as if it were the real world, with brand new laws to it however because of that there weren't that many MMO-esque things to it, so it sort of just became an anime about people in costumes discussing politics.

Kind of rant about the characters
Also i sort of have a personal issue with the characters. Theres sort of no development to nearly all of them. I thought the anime would first centre around Naotsugu, Shiroe and Akatsuki, but then it quickly introduced the munchkins and then a bunch of guilds, then Naotsugu and Akatsuki just sort of left without even getting any development while Rudy and Co popped up and took the show.

Minori basically has the most development, other characters being Rudy who i find the most interesting and the Bard girl who has an interest in him. Akatsuki kind of has development but tbh i hate it, its not even real development. All Akatsuki does is stand there and blush like a typical ugu moe anime girl who obviously likes the main character and stutters every word if Shiroe is in the room. Which just makes me hate her considering she was presented as a cool roleplayer girl thing who had a bunch of potential and then just became shit to me. The show looked like it was slowly becoming a Harem with the whole cake episode thing, but thankfully i think Minori doesn't really have an intimate attraction to Shiroe and its moreso attempting to protect his public name so that he isn't spoken badly about. Akatsuki on the other hand is just a bumbling mess, i hope she gets fixed.
Connorhere

Postby harelori » Sun May 11, 2014 10:46 pm

I've seen it, it's not an SAO rip-off for many reasons, one of them is that SAO focuses more on the romantic side of the game, how Kirito and Asuna falls in love, etc etc while Log Horizon shows the strategic side of the phenomenon.
Nevertheless, I personally preferred SAO, but that's just my taste.
Although Log Horizon is worth watching.
harelori

Postby Hanji Zoë » Sat May 17, 2014 11:42 am

harelori wrote:I've seen it, it's not an SAO rip-off for many reasons, one of them is that SAO focuses more on the romantic side of the game, how Kirito and Asuna falls in love, etc etc while Log Horizon shows the strategic side of the phenomenon.
Nevertheless, I personally preferred SAO, but that's just my taste.
Although Log Horizon is worth watching.

I have watched SAO and Log Horizon, and I prefer the second one personnally. We got a better approach of "Oh crap, we are in a virtual game for real, what we gonna do to live ?" than SAO, which develop more the feelings and the relationship between Asuna and Kirito. There's some "troll" episode in Log.H, I have to admit, but in its globality, the anime is very good.
Hanji Zoë

Postby Connorhere » Sat May 17, 2014 11:53 pm

Tbh did anybody even acknowledge the difference in the worlds in Log Horizon. I swear they just woke up one day in the game and were like "Oh...okay, this is fine, its not like i have a family or life". Sure they tried to adjust to the world but they didn't even question why they were in the game, they just accepted it and didn't even talk about the real world.
Connorhere

PreviousNext

Return to Anime & Manga