Tokyo Ghoul

Where other NON-SNK animanga can be discussed. (★^O^★)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Tokyo Ghoul

Postby liala » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:49 am

I noticed some people seem to like Kaneki so I decided to make a topic!
I'm currently at chapter 113 and waiting for translations and also "read" a few raws because I don't want to get spoiled.
So who watches the anime or reads the manga? What do you think about both of it?

Edit: Contains Manga spoilers
Last edited by liala on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liala

Re: Tokyo Ghoul

Postby Peanuts » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:52 am

I read up till 138 XD
Waiting for new chapter to get release D: It ended on a major ciffhanger D:

Anime's quite good, could be better if the arcs were adapted in the correct order and remove those goddamn black beams, GDI

Manga beats the anime by a long shot.
Although the first and second episode made quite a huge impact on me, Kaneki's psychological dilemma, manga beats it by a lot of factors
Peanuts

Postby liala » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:11 am

Do you know why so many chapters are not translated? Are the translators not catching up with it? I don't even know how often a chapter is published xD

I don't get why they censor so much in the Anime. They probably show everything on the Blu-Ray but if you did not read the manga you would not get what's going on in some scenes. It is not a kid's show after all and other anime don't censor like that or that much either.
But I still think the animation and voice actors are really good. The order of the arcs is not that important to me, though. But they could have made a much more better anime if they made it at least 25 not 12 episodes long.
liala

Postby Peanuts » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:14 am

Not really sure lol :P The raws are already there, but I guess they are just lazy XD

They censored it because it airs on Television, so yea … :(
It would have been a great anime without those censors
Yea, that rushing, pfft, it makes me so mad that they are rushing so much, I guess they just want to reach to White-Haired Kaneki arc as soon as possible, and perhaps end at that arc.
24 episodes would be so great IKR, but crazy adapters had to squeeze 70+ chapters worth of content into 12 episodes =_=
Peanuts

Postby Z.E.D » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:45 pm

Just started the anime.

Kaneki isa mini titan with red tentacles XD
Z.E.D

Postby Zarythe » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:50 pm

Z.E.D pls manga nao

Best manga i've read, Kaneki officially my favourite manga/anime character but the anime is ''meh''

*rolls around*

Tokyo Ghoul is amazing

Zarythe

Postby liala » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:29 pm

Strange. I thought I have seen some anime that aired on television without censor. But maybe they aired at like 2AM.
Yeah, I just don't understand why they would not make more episodes..
But so far they did a good job at it considering it will not have many. The most important parts are still there and it's nice to see it animated.
In the next episode they will probably end the Dove arc and then there are maybe 4 episodes for the 11th ward.

Yep. Everyone should read the manga! If they don't mind limbs and heads flying around.
liala

Postby Peanuts » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:32 am

liala wrote:Strange. I thought I have seen some anime that aired on television without censor. But maybe they aired at like 2AM.
Yeah, I just don't understand why they would not make more episodes..
But so far they did a good job at it considering it will not have many. The most important parts are still there and it's nice to see it animated.
In the next episode they will probably end the Dove arc and then there are maybe 4 episodes for the 11th ward.

Yep. Everyone should read the manga! If they don't mind limbs and heads flying around.

Talked with horsey the day before, if there are going to be censors,
manga spoiler
the fight with Yamori is going to be censored real badly, since we have Kaneki digging into him, half the screen's gonna be covered by black beams, lets hope colour inversion will replace it

11th ward arc is going to be real bad

I mean, if they just remove the censors, just look at how good episode 7 was (good pacing, was able to get the message for different views of justice across), Tokyo Ghoul has the potential to become a good anime if it was properly adapted from the manga, no censors were used and if they didn't rearrange the order
Peanuts

Postby Mystikmol » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:53 am

Nooo Pea! That realization! Aw man! D:

Spoiler:
And revenge from Yamori and Ayato were my favorite scenes :/ I really wish they could do something about this....
Mystikmol

Postby liala » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:36 pm

Yeah there will probably be censoring everywhere :|
And then nobody will understand what's even going on.
But I'm pretty sure if Blu-Rays come out there will be no censors or color inversion. At least I hope so xD
liala

Next

Return to Anime & Manga