Have you tried to write your own story? Are you currently?

Where you can talk about writing. _〆(。。)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Have you tried to write your own story? Are you currently?

Postby jahob000 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:51 am

I like to hear about people that get inspired to write stories. Imagination is the most powerful Human asset there is. It allows you to create things into existence into your own mind and make them real. It's a place to escape reality to explore a fictional world.

So do any of you hear have any stories that you've written/writing? Are they long stories? Short Stories? Tell us about it.
jahob000

Re: Have you tried to write your own story? Are you currentl

Postby Jocelinus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:49 pm

I've got a dark fantasy in the works. It follows 2 characters named Melot and Rue, both raised by Melot's father to fulfill a prophecy he was warned of around the time of Melot's birth. The enemy of that prophecy, a sorcerer named Atropos, doesn't yet know that someone's got a target painted on his back as he lays his plans (whatever they may be: I deliberately keep the readers out of the dark until the two of them uncover the information themselves). They're led by a pale, mute woman named Kolfrostä from the icy north, whose mysteries are as deep as their enemy's.

The child of Fire and of Fate
Who will seem as two halves joined in one
Will see the sky opened
That side joined once more to this

They're taught their whole lives that Rue is the one described in the prophecy: Rue, who lost her family to a fire and was subsequently adopted by the one man who knew what she was destined for. Melot, jealous of the attention given his stepsister, grows up a bitter drunkard, capable in a fight but hostile towards anyone who crosses his path. He's expected to accompany her on her quest to stop Atropos, and protect her as best he can (though it's obvious she's more than capable of defending herself, and regards him as a liability).

Anyway, whereas most fantasy adventures start with characters who are unprepared for the trials ahead of them, this is a tale of the opposite. What happens when you expect to be the hero and find that it isn't like it is in the old stories? That all your training left you completely blind to the bigger picture? There is no easy solution to anything, no way forward but through an innocent's life.

I'm spoiling a lot here, but let me break down what makes it dark. First, Rue is a scapegoat. The fire set in her home was not the work of the enemy trying to kill her as a child, but by complete accident. She was adopted and raised alongside Melot because any orphaned victim of a fire would have fit the prophecy and the Father's plan to protect his son. Instead, fiery-tempered Melot (Child of Fire), whose absent mother was the prophet who made the prediction (Child of Fate) is the one expected to stop Atropos. By painting Rue as a capable savior with a Knight in Shining Armor complex, their father pretty much guaranteed no one would pay his son any mind as she cut a path forward through the darkness for him. As for Kolfrostä, one of the legends Rue was fed as a girl was of a warrior called the Dragon Lady, said to appear to great heroes to lead them to victory. Kolfrostä is indeed the woman from legend, but is called the Dragon Lady because she's a frost dragon disguised as a woman. Voiceless, she has no place among her people, and adopted the duty to stave off the loneliness of being immortal.
Jocelinus

Postby Accelevi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:00 pm

That seems generally good, I would like to see it. ^^

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Z.E.D » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:36 pm

I have ...... a plot for a sci fi , dystopian fantasy......kind of X)

Several years in the future, human ins have fled planet earth after loosing it to a catastrophic event that changed mankind for ever ." False L project" .

The remaning Humans became nomads and had to resort to wander into space space in search of inhabitable planets abroad huge ships called the Pathfiners.

The search lasted generations and generations , until one day the fleet was sucked into a mysterious entity. Afterwards the fleet found a planet who's requirements met those to sustain human life.
A Reconaissance ship was sent with an elite scouting force to scour the surface of the planet.
Onboard the ship our 2 main characters : Red Rico , the hot headed swordswoman , and Deathshot ( no one know his real name or has seen all of his face , but he's the best gun wielder in the history of mankind) .

Once on the surface , the team encounters the first of a series of strange objects and events ......an Abandoned Pathfinder ship.....
Z.E.D

Postby Accelevi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:43 pm

After checking this, I'm considering making a "Original/Fan Fiction" section for people like you.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Z.E.D » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Yeah why not :) I can't be the only one who has ....Plot in his head right? X)
Z.E.D

Postby Accelevi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:26 pm

I'll put it up sometime later today.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby jahob000 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:48 am

One thing I have to say to Zed and Jocelinus...Please, please, pleeeeeease don't give up on writing your stories. I didn't post this topic for no reason. Sometimes I do these for motivation to hear other people's stories. I've been writing a story, though I won't say what it's about but I'm too distracted about life to concentrate. I hope you guys are a little more devout than I am. Write your story mainly for yourself and cater to others second. It sounds like you guys have gotten ideas. How far along are your stories?
jahob000

Postby Z.E.D » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:28 am

My story was a dream basically and was influenced by the anime i've watched and the games i've played ( especailly AoT and PSO). I can't devellop it right now because of studies so it's ll have to wait until the holidays :)

If only I knew how to draw though........
Z.E.D

Postby jahob000 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:32 pm

Z.E.D wrote:My story was a dream basically and was influenced by the anime i've watched and the games i've played ( especailly AoT and PSO). I can't devellop it right now because of studies so it's ll have to wait until the holidays :)

If only I knew how to draw though........

I know you're in school and what not but you should always get in the habit of making time for writing. Even if it's a simple as one line a day or less than five minutes a day.

If you can't draw, draw anyway. Even if you don't think it looks any good. Is there a lot of illustration in the book? or is it just a few things? You can always just map out the basic design and have an actual artist draw it up for you.
jahob000

Next

Return to Literature