Instrumental music, Lyrical Music. Which Do You Prefer? Why?

Where you can discuss what gives you eargasms. ♪♪(o*゜∇゜)o~♪♪
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Instrumental music, Lyrical Music. Which Do You Prefer? Why?

Postby jahob000 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:15 am

As a kid, I use to listen to the kind of music that everybody listens to. Hip Hop, R&B, Rock (Little bit) Pop etc. I use to listen to them but always mainly or the beat or the sound of the music. The words never stuck with me. I would always tune out in thought and have to replay the song a few times to even know what they were saying.

I started finding myself wanting to listen to the OSTs of games I would play just because it would remind me of playing the game and of the fun I had. Once I got a little older an into anime a little I liked to listen to those OSTs as well. Not just the hype tracks that I talked about in my other music post but the OST in it's Entirety which would also have sad music or music soft on the ears. An Good example of that is The First FMA's OST and Inuyasha's Ost.

I started listening to Lyrical music less and less and more of just BGMs and Instrumentals. Here I am, an adult still loving some of the Anime OSTs. However It's not just anime. I'm also getting interested in other Instrumental Music such as Jazz, Smooth Jazz and classical music. I don't know if you guys know what Soundscapes are but I love those too. Especially when it has a lot of acoustics in it, like an echo kind of effect.

I feel that Lyrical music is too constraining for me. My mind wonders regardless but hearing the words still distracts my thoughts. Instrumental music caters to my imagination. It doesn't matter what I'm thinking about but it makes me feel better and can also help me think more clearly. I guess that's why I don't watch TV or movies that much anymore because while I'm listening to this kind of music, I'm making little stories in my head to entertain myself.

I know that was long and I hope no one has a problem with it.

What about you guys? Which do you prefer? How come?
jahob000

Re: Instrumental music, Lyrical Music. Which Do You Prefer?

Postby Z.E.D » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:43 am

Same here I prefer instrumental. I don't even like listening to the radio anymore, all the songs airing sound the same......
Instrumental is better imo , especially when you have composers like Hiroyuki sawano...... 8-)
Z.E.D

Postby jahob000 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:54 am

Z.E.D wrote:Same here I prefer instrumental. I don't even like listening to the radio anymore, all the songs airing sound the same......
Instrumental is better imo , especially when you have composers like Hiroyuki sawano...... 8-)

Ikr? Regular music no longer has any appeal to me. Instrumental music is just so thought provoking that I love it.
jahob000

Postby Z.E.D » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:13 am

All the songs on the radio are about the same thing : parties , get drunk , bitches , you're a how , stuff that you won't understand or enjoy unless you're drunk or stoned. I'm thinking my parents were right , music was better before X)
Z.E.D

Postby Sylvy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:13 pm

When I'm playing AOTTG, I prefer Instrumentals.

In the car, driving 45 minutes how from work? I prefer words :P
Sylvy

Postby Teitoto » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:02 pm

Both are nice in my opinion
Some instrumental are better than vocals but it can be reverse and so on.
Teitoto

Postby PuRe » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Depends on my feeling, when I am sad, I mostly hear instrumental music which fits to my feeling of being sad. Or while programming I sometimes just hear instrumental-fast-shit, sometimes also lyrical. When I am happy I listen to weird lyrical music.
PuRe

Postby Accelevi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:10 am

I'm addicted to anime OSTs most of the time.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Thirdkazekage » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:31 am

I just listen to whatever is in my phone, which has both vocals and instrumentals, but mostly Dubstep which has both :lol:
Thirdkazekage

Postby jahob000 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:21 am

Thirdkazekage wrote:I just listen to whatever is in my phone, which has both vocals and instrumentals, but mostly Dubstep which has both :lol:

Not to dis what you like, but I just can't get into Dubtstep.
jahob000

Next

Return to Music