[SUGGESTIONS] Suggestions for Multiplayer (update)

(●′ω`●) any game ideas are welcome (′~`●) 
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

[SUGGESTIONS] Suggestions for Multiplayer (update)

Postby tec » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:41 am

MAIN MODE

Start:
Multiplayer should start out at training camp, have to kill 100 "titans" (non-dangerous or fake ones) to advance, giving them time to work out their gear without a chance of them dying. Then, you will graduate as a Cadet. After your first successful real titan kill, you may go to HQ to select your Military Branch: Scouting/Survey Corps, Military Police, or Wall Garrison.

Upon Death:
If killed by a titan, you are "dead" and transported back to training camp, so you get more practice in, but also removing you from any fighting you were doing. Your highscores will also be removed. This way, death has meaning.

Branches:

ImageImageImageImage

Wall Garrison:
1. Regular titans, outside the walls of the outlying cities (such as Zhiganshina/Trost) but concentrated at their gates, must be killed by the Wall Garrison or they will eventually break in.
2. In the event of a break-in, either by Colossal or regular titans, Garrison members will attempt to prevent more from gaining entry.
3. Garrison members will also make efforts to repair the gate.
4. Can use cannons mounted on the walls of outlying cities on titans outside the wall.

Scouting/Survey Corps:
1.They will assist cadets/military police in attacking titans inside the walls.
2. In the event a city or an entire wall is lost, they will venture outside the safe walls into the lost ones to attempt to reclaim them. They may also venture outside the outmost wall (Wall Maria).
3. They may also venture outside of Wall Maria if it still stands, where there are forests filled with titans to fight.
4. That cool green cape that they have, optional and equippable.

Military Police:
1. Can assist cadets/Survey Corps in attacking titans inside the wall.
2. Will be given the option to stay inside Wall Sina and only venture to outer walls to attack titans at their leisure (giving them ability to get highscores without being in as much danger).
3. Can assist Garrison in wall repairs in the event of a break-in.
4. May only be joined by people who complete training camp with a certain high damage score.
5. Better supplied, as they are fewer and pampered. More gas and blades.

Titans:

1. Congregate along outer city walls and at gates. If left alone long enough, a large number can punch through the gate, first the outer and then the inner part of the gate, causing a breach.
2. Appear in random quantities outside the walls, but in larger quantities inside a forest outside the walls.
3. Have a 50% chance of being killed if hit by canonfire, but canonfire is very difficult to aim and slow to reload.
4. Larger titans tend to have small heads and short limbs, while small titans have large heads and medium limbs.

Walls:

1. May be lost if titans breach them and succeed in taking over a city.
2. If a city is taken over, they will attack the gate inside that city. If they do this, they may break through and take over the entire wall.
3. Walls and cities can be retaken by fixing the gates, then killing the titans inside.
4. If a gate is breached, all players within that city or wall will hear a bell ringing to warn them that the city or wall they're in has been breached.
5. If all walls are taken over, the game resets and all players are "dead" - sent to training camp and scores reset.

Civilians:
Not totally necessary - they would be difficult to add and might lag the server. However, they would be a deeply immersive game element, so:
1. Will automatically head towards the gate to the next wall in the event their wall or city has been breached.
2. If the wall or city is retaken, they will move back to the city or wall they were assigned to.
3. Can be killed easily by titans if not protected or not evacuated quickly enough.
4. If the total population of civilians in all the walls drops below a certain point, humanity will be unable to sustain itself and the game will reset, giving people a reason to save them.
5. If a gate evacuating citizens detects a titan in a certain radius, the gate will close automatically, preventing the titans from breaching the next wall but stranding the citizens.

Game:
1. Upon death or reset, the character's highscores will be erased and they will die, but remain on the user's profile page in addition to time the character spent alive (ingame and online).
2. Highscores for titan kills, titan damage, and time spent alive (ingame and online) will be recorded on a top 10 basis.
3. Titan threats will begin only after a certain number of players have signed up and are online, to prevent players from being overrun immediately upon the game's beginning.

Characters:
1. Upon being clicked, will show name, gender, age, military unit and short description provided by the user. It will also show the individual character's highscores.
2. Can be customized up to hair color, hair type, and eye color.
3. Their uniform changes according to military unit like it does in the show, NOT gender.

Donations:
1. Have you thought about doing a Kickstarter for this? Kickstarter is really a fantastic way to get attention (and donations) for game updates or games that haven't even come out yet. Is that legal, since this is a fan game?
2. If it is legal, limited-time customization options (permanently available based on user, not character) and accessories should be available as gifts for donating to the Kickstarter.
3. Additional customization options, such as more hair types or accessories such as scarves, capes, bandanas, or anything that wouldn't get in the wall of titan killing, available as gifts for people who donate. Again permanently given to the user, not the character.

CASUAL MODE

Titan Kills Mode
1. Two to four players enter a titan-infested city, find out who can kill the most.
2. For scores to be tallied and anyone to win, ALL the titans have to be killed (encourages friendly competition).
3. Players can invite other players or have them automatically selected by the server.

Protect Civilians Mode
1. Same as above with selecting other players.
2. Players must protect civilians from titans until they evacuate safely.
3. Refer to "Civilians" above for civilian behavior.

Speedrun Mode
1. Players see who can collect the boxes the fastest.
2. That's it.
Last edited by tec on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tec

Re: [SUGGESTIONS] Suggestions for Multiplayer

Postby takuta » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:04 am

very very well thought through!

it will probably be a long ways down the road though

this is a lot of content to be considered and looks more like a MMO
2 player, 3 player, 4 player or 6 player coop seems more practical at these stages of the game
2 player, one branch coop?
3 player, one in each branch?
4 player, one in each branch and one as a commander?
6 player, 2 on each branch?

that seems more attainable at these early stages of the game
takuta

Postby tec » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:14 am

I think you'd need at least 15-20 players to manage a small-scale city, since the activities are so spread out and numerous and anyone could die at any time. I like the idea of additional multiplayer modes that are more casual though, like you said.
tec

Postby RyuKayser » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:30 am

tec, you really did put a lot of effort in that post, man im impressed, and i actually love the idea, but like takuta just said it might be hard for the developers and take a long time, thought i was thinking since everyone wants to play with a friend, why just dont put an option so you and a couple of friends can do the normal maps, and customize how many titans they want, etc, dont get me wrong your idea is not bad, is awesome, but it would take a long time for a fan group to do it unless they get help from a nice company that runs mmo's, so why not a simple solution like adding more people to the actual map and then start working on your project, the idea is that everyone likes the game, but big steps come slow.
though i really hope to see the game like you said *-*
RyuKayser

Postby tec » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:29 am

Well, like I said, multiple multiplayer options would be great, and yeah what's in the above post would take time, but anything would take time, and I'd say it would definitely be worth the wait.
tec

Postby jojo342 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:21 pm

tec wrote:Upon Death:
If killed by a titan, you are "dead" and transported back to training camp, so you get more practice in, but also removing you from any fighting you were doing. Your highscores will also be removed. This way, death has meaning.

Imagine the screams that will be heard around the world, the desk flips, and rage quits. At least save the highscores so people will know you accomplished something :!:
Everything else you said, I support 10000% :)
jojo342

Postby Zeref » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:39 pm

I think fenglee will do this first bugfixing>textures>map>multiplayer
long way to go :roll:
Zeref
Elite Moderator

Formerly: much sweg

Postby tec » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:43 pm

jojo342 wrote:
tec wrote:Upon Death:

Imagine the screams that will be heard around the world, the desk flips, and rage quits. At least save the highscores so people will know you accomplished something :!:
Everything else you said, I support 10000% :)

I said this a few times: The highscores on the character are reset, as they are dead, but will remain present on the user's page.
tec

Postby Delra » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:21 pm

Eh, I'm a bit iffy about this, this sort of makes it seem like there's just going to be one giant server that everyone plays on, and that makes it feel like an MMORPG. I'll be sad if that's what the game turns out to be, but it's whatever Fenglee thinks is best.
Delra

Postby tec » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:17 am

Why on earth would that be a bad thing? No one's forcing you to play it. You could stick with single player, or play a versus match if that's what you want.
tec

Next

Return to Game Suggestions