Character Idea: Generic Survey Corps Soldier

(●′ω`●) any game ideas are welcome (′~`●) 
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Would a generic Survey Corps soldier be a welcome addition to the character selection?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes : 21

Character Idea: Generic Survey Corps Soldier

Postby The Rogue Titan » Mon May 05, 2014 9:17 am

I was thinking of something today. It'd be kind of cool to have a generic survey corps soldier as a character. Like literally just a character with a survey corps hood over their head so they look very vague. People could imagine them as anyone. It wouldn't be distinguishable enough to tell whether it's a boy or girl, so people could pretend like they are in the game. :D This way people don't have to play as a character that someone else is already playing if they don't want to. They could play as a generic soldier. I have this problem. I don't like having a million clones of Levis, Petras, etc. in my server.

Basically looking like this:

I don't know what his/her special would be, but I would more than love to discuss it with someone who likes the idea.
Last edited by The Rogue Titan on Sat May 10, 2014 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Re: Character Idea: Generic Survey Corps Soldier

Postby Noodler » Mon May 05, 2014 9:39 am

This is pretty cool.
If not, you could have randomly generated facial features and clothing?
Noodler

Postby Z.E.D » Mon May 05, 2014 9:43 am

Noodler wrote:This is pretty cool.
If not, you could have randomly generated facial features and clothing?

That would mean customization .

We need the account system to work first but other wise +1
Z.E.D

Postby Connorhere » Mon May 05, 2014 10:44 am

If we ever had NPC soldiers i'd want them to look like that, as well as them not having a face due to the shadow from their hood.

But i wouldn't mind this actually being a character, but what if they just didn't have a special at all? Just an idea, but what if they were a character that people could practice on without relying on a special or something. Afterall specials are for unique characters, and i suppose these are generic.
Connorhere

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Mon May 05, 2014 11:12 am

Hmm, you could just give it a very simple special if you needed to. Like a hook, reel slash thing? idk, but having no special would work too :P also, I'm assuming the generic soldier would have around the middle for all stats?
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby Sylvy » Mon May 05, 2014 11:30 am

Since we'll all be having accounts soon. I can see custom characters being added eventually. This would be cool.

But as for just a generic character for anyone to choose..... I don't see the point really. Might as well skip this step and jump to character customization XD
Sylvy

Postby The Rogue Titan » Mon May 05, 2014 11:49 am

Well some people don't want character customization. I myself included. I feel like it would eventually get out of hand. Example: People will want silly hats, haircuts, and costumes. And that would just ruin the game. With this generic soldier, you could leave it all to imagination. No special would be fine and would make sense. But if that were the case, then he/she should at least have good stats or some sort of passive ability. The point of the character would be, like I said; a fill-in-the-blank sort of character. That way, if there's 3 Petras, 2 Levis, 5 Mikasas, etc. then people playing as this character wouldn't feel like clones. Even if other people played as him/her. They'd literally just feel like a generic soldier.

Besides, there wouldn't be much to customize. Hair, and eyes. That's pretty much it. With a hood on, neither of those features are important. So it'd be a reasonable excuse for Feng to be lazy instead of having to design all sorts of aesthetics.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Vexy » Mon May 05, 2014 1:13 pm

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:Well some people don't want character customization. I myself included. I feel like it would eventually get out of hand. Example: People will want silly hats, haircuts, and costumes. And that would just ruin the game. With this generic soldier, you could leave it all to imagination. No special would be fine and would make sense. But if that were the case, then he/she should at least have good stats or some sort of passive ability. The point of the character would be, like I said; a fill-in-the-blank sort of character. That way, if there's 3 Petras, 2 Levis, 5 Mikasas, etc. then people playing as this character wouldn't feel like clones. Even if other people played as him/her. They'd literally just feel like a generic soldier.

Besides, there wouldn't be much to customize. Hair, and eyes. That's pretty much it. With a hood on, neither of those features are important. So it'd be a reasonable excuse for Feng to be lazy instead of having to design all sorts of aesthetics.

Just because people want things such as silly hats doesn't mean they'll ever be implemented. I also don't think that anybody does actually want 'silly hats'. Character customization would be cool, to the extent of facial features, minor accessories (hood up/down, survey corps cloak, things like that).

As for the suggestion itself, I think having a generic soldier would be a great idea. No one would play them if they didn't have at least slightly-above average stats though, maybe even a passive ability as mentioned before.
Vexy

Postby HIT0SHI » Mon May 05, 2014 2:14 pm

I would totally dig this though the Special could maybe be some sort of a passive special, though it would make sense for a generic character to have none.
I'd more likely than not still use him/her though!
HIT0SHI

Postby Noodler » Mon May 05, 2014 2:19 pm

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:Well some people don't want character customization. I myself included. I feel like it would eventually get out of hand. Example: People will want silly hats, haircuts, and costumes. And that would just ruin the game. With this generic soldier, you could leave it all to imagination. No special would be fine and would make sense. But if that were the case, then he/she should at least have good stats or some sort of passive ability. The point of the character would be, like I said; a fill-in-the-blank sort of character. That way, if there's 3 Petras, 2 Levis, 5 Mikasas, etc. then people playing as this character wouldn't feel like clones. Even if other people played as him/her. They'd literally just feel like a generic soldier.

An attack with somewhat more range on a 30 sec cooldown would be decent for a random soldier imo.
Noodler

Next

Return to Game Suggestions