Eren vs Annie assist boss fight

(●′ω`●) any game ideas are welcome (′~`●) 
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Eren vs Annie assist boss fight

Postby khknight » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:43 pm

So i had this idea for a mode.

Where Eren fights annie is the city and human players must assist eren in defeating annie before eren is defeated.

Its a boss fight where the players cant do direct damage to the boss, they can only do indirect damage to assist eren in defeating it. So not being able to cut the neck and do damage, but still be able to cut the eyes, arms and legs.

Eren has a small limited amount of health(could be controlled by either AI or Player) and annie has lets say double or triple that. When they fight, annie will destroy eren for the most part, so the humans will have to help by cutting her ankles and making here fall leaving her vulnerable. Or cut her arms so she can use them on eren.

Challenges for feng:
Creating new animation movesets for eren and annie.
Possibly making new map, stohess looks much wealthy than trost. So the buildings in the city map may need to be retextured to show that.
Getting the annie AI to keep her focus on eren throughout the game, not focus on a single human for too long.

Its an interesting an unique take on the boss battle formula and I think its worth giving a shot.

This type of mode can also work for a certain manga battle
Spoiler:
eren and friends vs the armored titan outside wall rose, boss fight works exactly the same as the annie fight i described.

What do you all think? Sounds interesting? Have any ideas for executing this idea better? Should it even be done?
khknight

Re: Eren vs Annie assist boss fight

Postby xRivailution » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Really neat idea, inb4 people telling you how this idea sucks.
lol.

I doubt feng would do it though, simply because, he is already lazy enough that the whole city is just one building copy pasted, and it doesnt even look like the buildings in Trost.

So if it comes down to making a new city, I doubt feng would do it.

But the idea of a boss battle in the city is simple enough.

Some modders already have annie in the city, so it wouldnt be hard for feng to make a little health bar for both of them.
xRivailution

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Dude... wrong section.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:13 pm

1. Wrong section.

2. I think it's a neat idea but there's a lot of room for problems...
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Kami-Sama » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:56 pm

sounds cool but seems like suicide... giants swinging at each other and tumbling on the ground and you want to slash one of them with toothpicks? I'd rather not....
Kami-Sama

Postby khknight » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Im not suggesting this should be in the game, i was just sharing an idea to see everyone else's thought it.

So this does fit in general discussion. Basically, chill out mods and everyone else.

Back to the topic

while walking my dog i came up with full movesets for eren and annie to use.

Both annie and eren can block, parry(deflect attacks and counter) and side roll(to dodge all types of attacks)

There are 3 different types of attacks:
Light( usually quick, interruptible, can be blocked and parried)
Heavy( slow, un-interruptible by light attacks but damage still taken, cannot be blocked, can be parried)
Grabs(cannot be blocked or parried. Can be countered by another grab causing a grapple duel)

Eren titan:
Light attacks
Triple punch combo( already in game).
Low kick(already in game).
Quick jab.
Heavy attacks(signaled by eren yelling and eyes glowing)
Rage induced uppercut(sends annie flying upward)
Rage induced right hook( sends annie flying backwards)
Grab
Eren grabs annie by her legs and pull her flat on her back. Leaving her open to attack.

Annie titan:
Light attacks
Triple kick combo(already in game)
Sweep kick(already in game)
Quick high kick
Heavy attacks( signaled by her limbs crystalizing and sound of crystallization)
Crystalized spin kick
Crystallized punch
Both causes long hit stun
Grab: grabs eren by the neck and arms and her signature sweep kick. As seen in the anime. Leaves eren on the ground open to attack

When trying to parry, they will go into some kind of parrying stance that deflect and attack leaving the attacker stunned for a limited amount of time.

When on the ground, they will get up after 2 seconds and the get up animation is un-interruptible.

When annie needs to fight humans, she will only use her already existing moveset

Edit: come to think of it, with a moveset this advanced, it may be a good idea to have eren titan controlled by a player.
khknight

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:33 pm

These are suggestions. This does not fit in General Discussions.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby khknight » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:42 pm

khknight wrote:So i had this idea for a mode.

This is what i said, i had an idea and then i shared it for discussion. I did not say "heres an idea that i think feng SHOULD do".

I didnt say any keywords that would indicate that i what feng to do this idea. Thats the bottom line, yall need to work on your reading comprehension.

Now could we please drop the subject of where this post belongs as it is not relevant. I dont want this thread derailed right out of the gate. We had a nice discussion going, lets just keep it that way.
khknight

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:42 pm

Using your logic means that most suggestions are now void because the large majority of them aren't saying what Feng SHOULD do, they're saying what he COULD do to make the game more fun. Which is what you're saying. An example of a General Discussion topic would be "What character do you play as and why?" or "Are Player Titans too easy to play as?". These are discussion topics. But when you discuss the possible addition of content, then it becomes a suggestion topic.

But back on topic, I think the mode you suggest is neat and all, but I think it's way too complicated for the simplicity that the game has now.
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image

The Rogue Titan

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:18 pm

Game Suggestions is where you discuss suggestions. General Discussions is where you discuss things that are already in the game.
Annie Leonhardt

Next

Return to Game Suggestions