"Hooking" PVP Suggestion

(●′ω`●) any game ideas are welcome (′~`●) 
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

"Hooking" PVP Suggestion

Postby RedDingo777 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:16 am

So I've been on this PVP server that's mainly rounds of Blade versus Blade and there is this house rule against hooking other players during a tournament. It's considered cheap because once a player has latched on to you with their 3DMG you're pretty much screwed. Personally I think it should be a valid tactic because it takes quite a bit of hand eye coordination to tether another player as they are flying and it was used in the manga when the Scouts were fighting against the MPs in the caves. So my suggestion is that it be balanced by making it so that air bursting "dislodges" any you from other players who have hooked you.
RedDingo777

Re: "Hooking" PVP Suggestion

Postby Accelevi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Realistically, being hooked would probably kill you or otherwise severely injure you in the first place.
And air bursting out of the way would mean it rips out of you.

So I'm not exactly a fan of the idea.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Re: "Hooking" PVP Suggestion

Postby TehTitanKilla » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 pm

Accelevi wrote:Realistically, being hooked would probably kill you or otherwise severely injure you in the first place.
And air bursting out of the way would mean it rips out of you.

So I'm not exactly a fan of the idea.

Then again, there were many things within the game that wasn't very realistic, like player titans climbing up walls and "The Force" or "Magnet Hands" from the titan trying to grab you. Relating to the topic, there's a much more easier way to countering the attack, just simply keep flying in the air. When the player hooked on you tries to reel their hook, there's a chance that you will be faster than their reel in and be able to swing the them around like a chained ball. If they keep scrolling the mouse wheel, do the same thing, but keep clicking the left mouse click. A chance you will survive and kill the player, or you both kill each other.
TehTitanKilla

Return to Game Suggestions