The Last Battle of the 26th Division (OOC)

Plan your fabulousity here! ٩(^ᴗ^)۶
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

The Last Battle of the 26th Division (OOC)

Postby Suraru » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:14 am

"Harlan stood up. His painfully bruised legs shook under what was left of his weight. He took one step forward, and then another. The moans of the nearby titans, and screams of remainder of his team gave him strength to keep walking. He almost stumbles on a limb resting on the ground, but he keeps moving. With his remaining arm, he grabs a blade off the ground. It's not dull, but it won't kill a titan, neither will it's user in this state. However, his goal isn't the kill the titan gnawing on his screaming comrade's legs. No, his final act will be that of mercy. The final titan sitting down stares at him, but keeps suckling on it's juicy, thrashing snack. Harlan is close enough now. He raises his blade, and lets it fall truthfully..."

As you may of guessed, this is an AoT/SnK roleplay. This story takes place during the futile campaign to retake wall Maria. It's been about a year after the fall of Shiganshina, and the government has just been recently expending soldiers to reduce the population. You all will start out as trainees, and I will loosely follow the manga's style of storytelling. That means the occasional flashbacks to skip some of the boring training parts to revisit them later, and build character that will be used almost immediately afterwards. The important stuff will have to be taken care of first, so you will all start off as trainees, but the entire trainee arc won't be complete till later on in the story.

For the plot I have about five arcs planed. First comes the trainee arc, which will be broken up and spread throughout the 2nd arc, which is the first battle arc, and the 3rd arc, which is the advanced training arc. After those two are done, and the RP is still going, the 4th arc will be the longest, the strategy game arc. Finally, the finale arc will be the most badass, and will be kept hidden until the end.

Rules
These are subject to change at the moment, but what I have so far are;
No extreme sexual themes, and keep extreme violence/gore to a minimum - AoT is a very graphic story, thus you are allowed to be graphic. If you're too graphic, please stick it in a spoiler box and summarize the important things (that wont make people sick) outside of it.

No Godmodding - Half the fun is failing, and a good story includes failure and imperfection. Make your character, give him or her tons of flaws, and abide by them. You don't see Armin beating up Reiner, and you don't see Connie outwitting Levi. Imperfection is what makes your characters human, keep that in mind when roleplaying, and creating a character.

No Metagaming - Metagaming is when the character knows or does something he/she shouldn't know/be able to. For example, if someone is sneaking up on you, your character doesn't know this unless the sneaker makes a mistake and you catch it. Just because the player knows information, doesn't mean the character does. Just because you can figure out something, doesn't mean your character can.

No Powerplaying - Don't control other people. This should go without saying, but it happens sometimes. If you punch someone, don't write for them that they got knocked down or if they blocked it or not. There are some exceptions, but for the most part, doing an IM roleplay is advised when you have to interact in real time with other characters. It turns 50 one liners into a single post.

No One liners - or two liners. Basically, try to keep your post at least 3 lines long. Everyone's resolution is different, but try to post longer posts. Short quick posts are total BS, lazy, and make it difficult to progress. If you're at a stalemate and can't do much, post what your character is thinking, post what (s)he is planning to do, post contingencies in case they fail to do their initial action. There should be few reasons you can't produce at least 3 lines a post.

Build/Stay In Character - Your characters need to build character. That means they need to work on making their weaknesses better, or dealing with their own personal demons, but they also need to stay in character while doing this. It should take them at least three arcs to fix something wrong with them, assuming they survive. Keep this in mind when you make your character, and make sure your character stays true.

Good Grammar/Spelling - Good god, I can understand if English isn't your first language, but please, for the love of god, grammar check your shit before you post it. A massive thing in RPs is communication and understanding what has happened. If people can't understand what you wrote, it'll bring the RP to a standstill as we all sit back and wonder what "so her drive the into pot" means.

Application
Name: (please try to match your nationality)
Appearance: (include nationality, something that stands out/makes you recognizable, and general looks. Pictures can be accepted (just throw it in a spoiler), text is preferred.)
Strengths: (Remember what I said about godmodding. Try to keep this section small, but you should have at least something that makes you better than bait)
Weaknesses: (The more the merrier, but keep it reasonable. If you're not to smart, no need to add how you can't do puzzles (because they both fall under intelligence), just remember to abide by these when you roleplay. If you say you aren't that good at spacial perception, don't do any badass 3DMG tricks).
Other: (Personality, history, back story, motives, anything you feel should be added. You can also leave this part blank, but it's not recommended)

Current Characters
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6344&start=180#p48139
Last edited by Suraru on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Do I even English sometimes?
"Points hurt, stay pointless!"

OH SHIT MAN! IT'S THE ADMIN!
Suraru
Forum Major

Formerly: Smitty

Re: The Last Battle of the 26th Division (OOC)

Postby Blackhunter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:22 am

first,good job making the rules and the story "thumb up"

now the application :

name: Hisoka

appearance: slim , hair color:black eyes color: black , white skin

weight: 45kg D:

length: 1.65 M

Strengths:
-good at aiming and uses bow
-fast
-good at fighting hand to hand

weaknesses:
-he lose the gas easily
-running cost a lot of energy/stamina
-can't take supply backup,cuz he take a bow with him and a quiver that can hold 300 arrows

Other:the only survivor from Africa

Personality:wide-not always understanding the situation (for example,he won't leave if one of his friends are lost,and he will search for him.) and he loves to use the bow.

story
hisoka lives before in a city in Africa,his father was a scientist,he taught him a lot of things,and he create a heavy blade/sword,but he won't say anything about it.her mother taught him swimming and using bows,that why he's good at aiming and using the bows,even better than hand to hand combat.
one night,a group of titans attacks his city,and destroy all the building on it,but,before the titans killed hisoka's father,he told him to take the heavy blade that he create from his lab,and he said that it will help him to kill titans somehow,and then,a titan ate him,hisoka knows that he can't do anything,so he run away with the other survivors to a ship.
but sadly,they found the titans waiting for them at shiganshina when they reach it,and so,the titans destroys the ship,and killed everyone on it,but hisoka survive because he was able to swim,thanks to her mother,she taught him how to swim.then he escape with the others to wall maria,and his goal is to revenge for his parents,and all those peoples who died because of the titans,that why he join the training corps.
Last edited by Blackhunter on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Blackhunter

Postby MysteriousPerson » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:29 pm

Going to ask a few question bfore i participate.
1.SnK original character can be included ?
2.are we can remake a dead character (whether it exactly the same, or same stats but with diff name,etc)?
MysteriousPerson

Postby Suraru » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:52 pm

@Blackhunter: Please try to keep it SnK lore friendly. I'll allow some creative differences, but no "powers" or anything like that. So the ability to TP is a no no. The name is fine, I assume you're of the rare asian background?

@MP: I prefer original characters (due to the timeline difference anyways), but if you really want to be Erwin (or Annie), I'm fine with breaking canon, as long as you can compnsate with a reasonable bckstory, like Annie joining the military before the attack on Maria.

@Everyone, by the way, I forgot to add to the fact that you'll all be joining the military before the first attack on wall Maria. That way you can graduate in time for the attempted retaking of wall Maria. Aka a suicide mission.

Suraru
Forum Major

Postby =_= » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Yay, my first text-based rpg!
I'm really new to this, so I might screw up a lot when it comes to the silent rules of text based rpg's.
Not sure whether I should stick with my nationality. For now I guess I won't.

Name: Piotr Schmidt
Appearance: 162cm, 56kg, Brown hair, Hazel eyes, White complexion
Strengths: Good reflexes, Above-average intuition.
Weaknesses: Friendly but has poor communication skills, Physically weak, Weak-willed,
Other: Third child, with two older brothers. His father operated as the local blacksmith in one of the small towns dotting the vast landscape inside Wall Maria.

Piotr preferred to confine himself inside the house, always ready to listen to his mother's many tales on their ancestor's way of life before the invasion of the titans. While his two older brothers frequently helped their father's business and visited the town bars to flirt with the barmaids whenever time was free, Piotr never found much incentive to neither engage himself in the craft nor socialize. His relationship with Huss Veiner was his only friendship that lasted more than a year, due mostly to the fact that their families sustained constant contact with each other.

His reluctance to help with the family trade made him the least favorite son in the eyes of his father, and as a result, was the one to be sent to the training corps to "become a man and protect mankind." While Piotr knew that in reality he was sent away to reduce the number of mouths his father had to feed, the fact did not bother him too much. The only thing he regretted was that he would not meet his mother for the next few years.

Personality: Has no problem warming up to people and understanding what others are talking about, yet has a problem communicating his thoughts to others, leading to misunderstandings, miscommunications, etc. Doesn't have a strong sense of purpose, and as such follows orders or requests to the word as long as they stay in the boundary of (his) common sense. Often times in a troubling situation he manages to see what the problem is, although many times he comes up with the wrong solutions and ends up doing nothing/worsening the problem.

(tl;dr, your average teenager, sort of)
How long is a single arc going to be?
And are there limits on how many posts we have to make, or can make (minimum posts, maximum posts)?

EDIT: Added some details
Last edited by =_= on Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
=_=

Postby Suraru » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:34 pm

The length of the arcs will depend on the player's post style. There is no minimum or maximum for number of posts, only content. If you're not posting after a few days, and holding up the rest of the RP, I'll temporary remove your character from the situation, just to get things going. For the most part, oeople can post at their own rates, I'll group the more active ones together, and make sure there is a steady flow to get arcs finished as soon as possible.

Suraru
Forum Major

Postby =_= » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:39 pm

Ah, Alright! :D

Also, how does combat work?
No powerplaying and metagaming, yeah, but is there some kind of a rule to deciding who wins?
And how about aspects outside the control of the character? (e.g. physics, interactions with random objects)

Sorry, never played text-based rpgs. :P

Omgsomanyquestions
=_=

Postby Blackhunter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:41 pm

oh,okay then, ...
i'm good at aiming (so i can throw blades to the eyes of titans from a far place,well,not super far-),and fast

is that okay ?

btw,i'm not a Asian,i'm African,the only survivor : ]
though,i'm not black (skin color) : ]
Last edited by Blackhunter on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackhunter

Postby =_= » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:47 pm

Blackhunter wrote:oh,okay then, ...
i'm good at aiming (so i can throw blades to the eyes of titans from a far place,well,not super far-),and fast

is that okay ?

btw,i'm not a Asian,i'm African : ]
though,i'm not black : ]

I guess you could write it in as Accuracy? (which could also mean that you're good at shooting 3dmg hooks)

LolIdunno
=_=

Postby Blackhunter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:48 pm

=_= wrote:
Blackhunter wrote:oh,okay then, ...

is that okay ?

btw,i'm not a Asian,i'm African : ]
though,i'm not black : ]

I guess you could write it in as Accuracy? (which could also mean that you're good at shooting 3dmg hooks)

LolIdunno

yea maybe,i just want to write "aim" instead of "accuracy"
welll,still the same right
Blackhunter

Next

Return to Out-of-Character Planning