RP Planning Thread

Plan your fabulousity here! ٩(^ᴗ^)۶
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

RP Planning Thread

Postby Accelevi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:28 am

I am adapting this from another forum to our forum, because their rules are good enough, and making ones from scratch takes a lot of work.

Rules for this Thread
1. No off-topic.
Keep it to planning and ideas or the like only.

2. Keep the posts to a minimum.
Try to fit what you can into a single post, so it's not too cluttered.

3. This area is not for sign-ups.
That is when the actual OOC thread is made, if it is. This is for planning.

4. Keep comments constructive.
Reviews/critique of RP ideas must have use.

5. You need at least somewhat of a notable plot.
You need a plot of at least some detail in your ideas, so people know what it's about, and not just vague guesses.

More rules may be added later.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Re: RP Planning Thread

Postby James Dorik » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:15 pm

I know it is still quite some time before the conclusion of The Last Battle of the 26th Division, but I’ve recently come up with a new idea for an RP to succeed our current one (I wouldn't want to start this until "The Last Battle of the 26th Division" finishes). Here’s an “intro” of sorts.

"The frozen peninsula of Vermundir, shielded from the unending hunger of the titans by vast oceans and mighty, snow-capped peaks. Roughly a thousand of humanity’s sole survivors have made their home here atop a massive plateau, usually referred to simply as 'The Bastion'. The steep walls of the bluff serve as an emergency last line of defense against any potential titan attack. This is a rare occurrence, however. The mountains in the north keep most of the beasts out. Any that slip through are quickly dispatched by military patrols stationed nearby.

The Bastion itself is a small community, dominated by hunters, traders and fisherman alike. The people have been hardened by the harsh conditions of the land. Many of them utilize their natural strength and resolve to aid the military in protecting their haven. Most join for honor or as an escape from poverty, although times are changing.

There’s a storm brewing in the north, beyond the mountains. Titan numbers are beginning to spike. The guard has their hands full, several soldiers have even been killed recently, some of the first casualties in over a decade. Conditions are only getting worse. Humanity needs every man and woman they can get. Now is our most dire time of need.
"

So if you didn’t pick it up from the intro, this is an AoT RP “spinoff” of sorts that takes us hundreds of miles away from Wall Maria and the Forest of Giant Trees. It takes place in an icy northern landscape we've never seen before, giving the RP a ton a creative freedom. I’d also like to recruit a few assistant GMs and story writers to help flesh out this world and the storyline if people want this. There is much more I have in mind for this that I have not written here, but I’ll definitely get to it if this receives positive feedback. I personally think it’d be a lot of fun. Keep in mind though, nothing here is final!
James Dorik

Postby Jocelinus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:03 am

Saving Space
James Dorik wrote:I know it is still quite some time before the conclusion of The Last Battle of the 26th Division, but I’ve recently come up with a new idea for an RP to succeed our current one (I wouldn't want to start this until "The Last Battle of the 26th Division" finishes). Here’s an “intro” of sorts.

"The frozen peninsula of Vermundir, shielded from the unending hunger of the titans by vast oceans and mighty, snow-capped peaks. Roughly a thousand of humanity’s sole survivors have made their home here atop a massive plateau, usually referred to simply as 'The Bastion'. The steep walls of the bluff serve as an emergency last line of defense against any potential titan attack. This is a rare occurrence, however. The mountains in the north keep most of the beasts out. Any that slip through are quickly dispatched by military patrols stationed nearby.

The Bastion itself is a small community, dominated by hunters, traders and fisherman alike. The people have been hardened by the harsh conditions of the land. Many of them utilize their natural strength and resolve to aid the military in protecting their haven. Most join for honor or as an escape from poverty, although times are changing.

There’s a storm brewing in the north, beyond the mountains. Titan numbers are beginning to spike. The guard has their hands full, several soldiers have even been killed recently, some of the first casualties in over a decade. Conditions are only getting worse. Humanity needs every man and woman they can get. Now is our most dire time of need.
"

So if you didn’t pick it up from the intro, this is an AoT RP “spinoff” of sorts that takes us hundreds of miles away from Wall Maria and the Forest of Giant Trees. It takes place in an icy northern landscape we've never seen before, giving the RP a ton a creative freedom. I’d also like to recruit a few assistant GMs and story writers to help flesh out this world and the storyline if people want this. There is much more I have in mind for this that I have not written here, but I’ll definitely get to it if this receives positive feedback. I personally think it’d be a lot of fun. Keep in mind though, nothing here is final!

I could get behind an idea like this. Hit me up on Skype at josie.heart.
Jocelinus

Postby =_= » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:10 am

!!!YUS!!!
I really like the idea of this RP! :o
Think of the possibilities! It's a whole another community that has its own way of surviving and fighting the titans. The 3dmg wouldn't work too well in a cold environment since it's gas-operated, and, and, FJOSDFHOH So many things!

+9001
Let's do dis.
=_=

Postby Skirazi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:32 am

Wait, just to clarify: is this anywhere within/close to the three walls? Or is this completely separate? I'm pretty sure it's the latter but just to clarify.

Also, if it is the latter, 3DMG wouldn't have been invented in that area, as the technology would be isolated to within the walls.
Skirazi

Postby James Dorik » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:13 pm

Jocelinus and I have been shooting ideas back and forth over Skype, creating the society of the Bastion and thinking of ways to incorporate 3DMG. Nothing we've come up with is 'final', but we have a couple ideas. If either of you two want to get involved, add Jocelinus and I on Skype (I know I already have Skirazi).
James Dorik

Postby CrazyRay » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:14 pm

I wouldn't mind helping out in terms of story writing, i have a brief idea of what could happen in it.
CrazyRay

Postby James Dorik » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Sent a PM your way, Ray
James Dorik

Postby Accelevi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:00 am

How would they ever forge the blades?
How advanced is it?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby The Sketcher » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:03 am

Oooh! That's an interesting idea! I'd like to see how that would turn out :)
The Sketcher

Next

Return to Out-of-Character Planning