RP Planning Thread

Plan your fabulousity here! ٩(^ᴗ^)۶
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: RP Planning Thread

Postby Strongwill » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:23 am

i kinda want to create a RP about two big empire fighting for the land. Something based on Dynasty Warrior/Samurai Warrior, i think
But to make it fair (no bad guys, no good guys. no certain victory for a side) i want the players to actually put their mind to create the strategy, and even go by far as placing an ambush etc (the ambush and secret strategy will be put out with a collaboration between the GM (must be neutral) and the kingdom's strategist)
And if a character from Kingdom B is captured by Kingdom A, King of Kingdom A could choose to execute him right away, put him in jail, or persuade the prisoner to surrender and become a part of his army (Maybe? IDK that 'put him in jail' doesn't sound right)

a complex RP
Strongwill

Postby The Sketcher » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:31 am

If you do make an RP, the GM shouldn't have a character... The GM is like the storyteller.
The Sketcher

Postby Strongwill » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:12 am

in my previous RPing network, GM is allowed to have characters. We use our characters to do a specific action to open a new scene or to trigger an event when we need to, instead of PMing someone and asked them to do a specific action to trigger the event.
Strongwill

Postby The Sketcher » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:26 pm

Strongwill wrote:in my previous RPing network, GM is allowed to have characters. We use our characters to do a specific action to open a new scene or to trigger an event when we need to, instead of PMing someone and asked them to do a specific action to trigger the event.

I'm just saying that DMs and GMs shouldn't have characters and I'm saying this out of experience. A person shouldn't be allowed to control the story AND be a part of it.
The Sketcher

Postby Doge » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:21 pm

Strongwill wrote:i kinda want to create a RP about two big empire fighting for the land. Something based on Dynasty Warrior/Samurai Warrior, i think
But to make it fair (no bad guys, no good guys. no certain victory for a side) i want the players to actually put their mind to create the strategy, and even go by far as placing an ambush etc (the ambush and secret strategy will be put out with a collaboration between the GM (must be neutral) and the kingdom's strategist)
And if a character from Kingdom B is captured by Kingdom A, King of Kingdom A could choose to execute him right away, put him in jail, or persuade the prisoner to surrender and become a part of his army (Maybe? IDK that 'put him in jail' doesn't sound right)

a complex RP

Sound's awesome!
May I join the future RP?
Doge

Postby Strongwill » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Thank you! I have simplified the idea above to make it less complex yet hopefully still looks awesome xD

You can still join Academia, it's not too late! :)
Strongwill

Postby Doge » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:05 am

Strongwill wrote:Thank you! I have simplified the idea above to make it less complex yet hopefully still looks awesome xD

You can still join Academia, it's not too late! :)

Hahah, I don't like school-related stuff.
Doge

Postby Strongwill » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:34 am

xD well right now we have an army attacking us so I don't think we will ever be that close to your normal regular school life xD
Strongwill

Postby BlitzNeko » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:37 am

Not to mention that one student is a psychopathic murder that is killing all the terrorists xD
BlitzNeko

Postby Doge » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:34 am

BlitzNeko wrote:Not to mention that one student is a psychopathic murder that is killing all the terrorists xD

why
is
it
a
random
unoriginal
anime
Doge

PreviousNext

Return to Out-of-Character Planning