Chief's Art

Post your artworks here~! (๑>ᴗ<๑)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Chief's Art

Postby ocean. » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Chief-Cheese wrote: Thank you so much :D I've been practicing ever since you said this (But I only just decided to respond now, heheh)

Anyways, I might upload some more drawings when I get better which might take quite a while. =v=


post what you have now~ dont feel like you need to satisfy us, we are all here to learn and share our interests :)
i want to see what you have done so far, personally ^^
ocean.
 

 

Re: Chief's Art

Postby Chief-Cheese » Sun May 04, 2014 6:46 am

ocean. wrote:
Chief-Cheese wrote: Thank you so much :D I've been practicing ever since you said this (But I only just decided to respond now, heheh)

Anyways, I might upload some more drawings when I get better which might take quite a while. =v=


post what you have now~ dont feel like you need to satisfy us, we are all here to learn and share our interests :)
i want to see what you have done so far, personally ^^


oAo Omg, okay I will then x3 Thank you so much~

Updated~
Chief-Cheese
 

Re: Chief's Art

Postby liala » Sun May 04, 2014 2:03 pm

The head is still bigger making it more chibi-ish but you have improved. The proportions look better than in your previous drawings.
liala
 

Re: Chief's Art

Postby ocean. » Mon May 05, 2014 2:05 am

you are improving ^^ your art style appears more deliberate and the facial features seem to take place in 3-dimension, making it more believable and visual pleasing.

i should ask: do you start drawing from the head, then continue to the body, and without guidelines?
ocean.
 

Re: Chief's Art

Postby Chief-Cheese » Mon May 05, 2014 8:11 pm

ocean. wrote:you are improving ^^ your art style appears more deliberate and the facial features seem to take place in 3-dimension, making it more believable and visual pleasing.

i should ask: do you start drawing from the head, then continue to the body, and without guidelines?


Thank you, Liala and Ocean :D

And to answer your question: I start from the head then draw the dividing lines. After that I sketch out the body and once I'm done with that I add clothes. I don't use guidelines for the body.
Chief-Cheese
 

Re: Chief's Art

Postby ocean. » Tue May 06, 2014 9:36 pm

Chief-Cheese wrote:
ocean. wrote:you are improving ^^ your art style appears more deliberate and the facial features seem to take place in 3-dimension, making it more believable and visual pleasing.

i should ask: do you start drawing from the head, then continue to the body, and without guidelines?


Thank you, Liala and Ocean :D

And to answer your question: I start from the head then draw the dividing lines. After that I sketch out the body and once I'm done with that I add clothes. I don't use guidelines for the body.


i understand. it is a common thing to do for many artists in the beginning, but for now it is not a good habit (unless you are kim jung gi lol). the method itself is not a problem, but if you are not able to judge proportions without being sucked into tunnel-vision, then you should begin drawing the proportions of the body that are shown on paper in full first, then continuing to detail things such as facial features, etc. almost every artist experiences the want to go straight in to the details of a drawing before laying out the rest of the image's composition, and this is the main cause of unsatisfactory proportions.

example: http://i.imgur.com/ArHbB3Z.jpg
(they are meant to be the same character lol)
ocean.
 

Re: Chief's Art

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 06, 2014 9:52 pm

One looks a bit different than the other. lel
Image

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
User avatar
Accelevi
« Administrator »
 
Posts: 13049
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Chief's Art

Postby ocean. » Tue May 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Accelevi wrote:One looks a bit different than the other. lel


it may be a bit exaggerated... xD but it is similar to what i might draw if i have 0 guidelines
ocean.
 

Re: Chief's Art

Postby Thirdkazekage » Tue May 06, 2014 11:22 pm

Dem ears tho...
................
Thirdkazekage
 

Re: Chief's Art

Postby Neon1 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:29 am

Are you taking requests? :DD


( DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THIS CHAR LIMIT PLES )
Neon1
 

Previous

Return to Graphic Showcase

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests