Syrius's Art thread

Post your artworks here~! (๑>ᴗ<๑)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Syrius's Art thread

Postby Syrius » Fri May 09, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi all! Here are a few sketches of mine, some recents and some old.
Quick rough

Adachi Hana
Honestly this is a great manga (Yankee to Megane chan) must read lol

Colour
Really I never colour and when I do it turns out horrible, this one is probably the only one I have that isn't such utter poop

Lineart

Char
Random design

Quicksketch

Wip Comic test
Prob won't finish

Heads
ImageBranching off from what Ocean said about my 'same face syndrome' , I decided to practice on that

Back
Seems a bit iffy for me but just postin it here anyway

Chitoge
Again, another damn good ass manga/anime right here, must freaking read/watch
(nisekoi)

Swordthing

Everytime I have something new I will update by posting it at the bottom of the list, so basically top oldest and bottom new
Comments and stuff are real appreciated
Last edited by Syrius on Sun May 25, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Syrius

Re: Syrius's Art thread

Postby RoundTTemUP! » Fri May 09, 2014 4:35 pm

hey i dont like coloring much either(or that good at) but sketches are almost just as nice too look at ^^ all your sketches look really good though, in your last comic i really like how the top right face looks (and how you just write the word "sword" to i guess come back and do later :lol:)
RoundTTemUP!

Postby The Sketcher » Fri May 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Awesome! How much do you draw each day? O.o
The Sketcher

Postby Syrius » Fri May 09, 2014 10:53 pm

RoundTTemUP! wrote:hey i dont like coloring much either(or that good at) but sketches are almost just as nice too look at ^^ all your sketches look really good though, in your last comic i really like how the top right face looks (and how you just write the word "sword" to i guess come back and do later :lol:)

Yeah sketches are my jam, real quick and easy to adjust your drawings, I like to think of it as the foundation of the entire piece and the cleaning up is just second hand stuff (which I really needa do with more of my stuff @_@). And thanks! Yeah I couldn't make the sword look like an actual sword because weird angles so I just wrote sword so people can actually comprehend lol

The Sketcher wrote:Awesome! How much do you draw each day? O.o

Haha thanks man, it depends really, sometimes I draw for a few days in a row sometimes I just go off for a week, motivation decides what I do :P
Syrius

Postby ocean. » Sun May 11, 2014 6:11 pm

i think you are on the right track, but there are two things i think necessary to mention:

1. art is, in some ways, a discipline. this mean that if you want to improve, just like any other thing, you must work hard even on days you dont want to. however, it is good to have fun with it, there is no rush ^^

2. there is a trend with your faces you draw; they look similar in many of the drawings. this is something common called, "same-face syndrome" and it isnt such a horrible problem, but it will definitely add life to your character if you can differentiate it from the others, particularly in male and female.

example: http://i.imgur.com/FYIWn2x.jpg

also, if you are willing to get technical with drawing, this series may help you with perspective and proportion
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8D190B7C97
ocean.

Postby Syrius » Mon May 12, 2014 7:37 am

ocean. wrote:i think you are on the right track, but there are two things i think necessary to mention:

1. art is, in some ways, a discipline. this mean that if you want to improve, just like any other thing, you must work hard even on days you dont want to. however, it is good to have fun with it, there is no rush ^^

2. there is a trend with your faces you draw; they look similar in many of the drawings. this is something common called, "same-face syndrome" and it isnt such a horrible problem, but it will definitely add life to your character if you can differentiate it from the others, particularly in male and female.

example: http://i.imgur.com/FYIWn2x.jpg

also, if you are willing to get technical with drawing, this series may help you with perspective and proportion
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8D190B7C97

Omg ocean posted on my threaddd Thank you for those 2 point outs!

I must admit I'm not a very committed artist, I do indeed draw a lot but not in situations such as you said, days where I just don't want to even if I could v_v . And btw that is completely true, I've seen real great artists around from youtube to people from deviantart to just friends who are really talented due to their frequent work. Hopefully soon enough I can build enough commitment to improve more faster. I've only ever thought of drawing as a side hobby (animation is my #1 hobby)

And haha yeah even some of my friends have noted the excessively long chin in that pic that made her look more masculine(im no good at girls <:v ). And yeah that is definitely a problem I have, I've only ever drawn anime/manga, and I can never bring myself to draw more intricate designs, and I always draw the same hairstyle

Anyways big thanks man, that was really helpful and I'll be sure to improve on your points. The video was good stuff too, I'll use more of the trick on multiple angles for the head :)
Syrius

Postby Thirdkazekage » Mon May 12, 2014 1:25 pm

Awesome! a new kewl artist in the forum, I love these kinds of art style (semi-realistic). Keep it up, looking forward to see more :D
Thirdkazekage

Postby Syrius » Tue May 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Thirdkazekage wrote:Awesome! a new kewl artist in the forum, I love these kinds of art style (semi-realistic). Keep it up, looking forward to see more :D

Thanks! And haha ohman I am way far off from semi-realism (that kinda stuff is awesome though)

I've sketched a few more things, quick stuff

Heads
ImageBranching off from what Ocean said about my 'same face syndrome' , I decided to practice on that

Back
Seems a bit iffy for me but just postin it here anyway

Chitoge
Again, another damn good ass manga/anime right here, must freaking read/watch
(nisekoi)

Ps; won't post frequently, I'll bump this thread everytime I got new stuff I wanna show though (which hopefully aren't too long of periods) :)
Syrius

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 20, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm not sure how to really describe it, but the faces/heads look a bit too elongated or angular or something.

Chitoge's arms seem a bit thin, and the shoulder slope angle seems a little awkward.

For the middle picture, the picture quality itself is good, but the body posture seems a bit unnatural.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby HIT0SHI » Tue May 20, 2014 7:08 pm

I like they way you draw eyes, there really expressive!
Keep up the good work!
HIT0SHI

Next

Return to Graphic Showcase