version 09142013

(((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) Where Game Announcements are.
- Made by Feng, description edited by Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: version 09142013

Postby alexisrhoy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Nice Men..! and about the multiplayer, me and my friends use hamachi to join each other but AOT game said Unable to connect.. but last version we can join and play multiplayer with hamachi.. Sorry for my bad english
alexisrhoy

Postby Xeare204 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:26 pm

It'd be interesting to see how the forest level plays out. I think TPS players might have an advantage in there because moving the camera to aim would mean you have a better overall sense of awareness for where all your hooks will go, and potential hook locations.

But it might be just me, TPS is only /really/ for people that are good with high mouse sensitivity, as you practically have to have a seizure with your hand to aim properly. I like it because it increases my accuracy and maneuverability.

But wouldn't it be cool to have a FPS camera type? It would make getting eaten by a titan more terrifying at least o3o
Xeare204

Postby Tsukiyo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:26 pm

I understand that an Eren character may or may not be being released for everyone to play judging by the fact that he has a 3D model made, or in the process of being made. What I'd like to see for him is his special attack producing a single titan limb that punches or kicks the target a fair distance back, making his allure being zoning on the battlefield, which is REALLYYY useful against large groups of titans. And perhaps a small stun, but not a big one since that would detract from Armin's whole appeal, and there already aren't many Armin players from what I see. Or maybe his special attack landing knocks them to the ground for a second, that way they aren't immobilized AND vulnerable like with Armin (unless hit from the back I guess), but still has plenty appeal.

I'd also like to see the gas tanks longevity increased a little bit. As is, I don't even know that there's enough fuel for three relatively good players to beat Map I together. It'd be nice if so at least three could pull it off, maybe two if they were /really/ good. And maybe upping running speed a little. It just seems really sluggish. I mean, I use Dodge consecutively instead of run. lol Granted I play Armin, the slowest runner. I think each player could stand to have increased running speed though.
Tsukiyo

Postby Tsukiyo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:55 pm

Actually after some in-depth thought, I have a lot of ideas for new characters, which I know there's a thread that entails what future characters could do but this is my own personal opinion on what would be fair and balanced on top of those ideas.

Titans now able to hit other titans (Very important for Annie's special ability in particular, as well as Eren's a little bit). This way there's no cheap tactics of two titans of the same size basically being very cumbersome, aside from consecutive running to reposition and trap another behind a building (Which is tiresome and lacking a sense of dynamics).

Erwin: Medium running speed, high blade durability. Special Attack - Shoots multiple hooks into the target to immobilize it for a few seconds, though it's still fully able to attack with all of its repetoire. Upping their aggro may be a good idea though in turn for this ability, so their grabbing attack is triggered more quickly since they shouldn't be as vulnerable as they are from, say, Armin's special attack. As a means of retaining character balance. Probably best to make it so it can only work on one Titan I imagine.

Eren: Medium running speed, medium blade durability. Special Attack - Transforms his arm into Titan arm for a single punch at the target, pushing it forward in that direction and causing a split second recoil shock (Just like if a Titan hits another Titan, as per my first suggest above), recovery time on the move (so he himself can't exploit it too much or else Armin would be useless in comparison basically). Able to be used while grounded or in the air is probably for the best too.

Annie: High speed, medium blade durability. Special Attack - Causes the closest by Titan to attack another nearby for a set duration. If it's the only titan in the vicinity, aggro is lost (Though getting closer to it causes it to re-aggro obviously. Not a means of stealth, just either a means of making them attack one another when in large groups or as a means of escape in a high-pressure situation), much like how she had titans attack her own titan form in the anime. The animation for it could be a shriek the same as it was in the show.

Jean: Medium speed, low blade durability. Special - Able to escape from the grip of a titan (long CD compared to the others. Like ten seconds or something). If used when not grabbed by a Titan, it acts as a distancing evade (Since that seems to be what he's good at), moving the user a fair amount of meters away. The distance and function of the evade would be up for debate though. Maybe make it an invincibility-frame so he can't be hit during it to compensate for the long CD.

Sasha (Note: On this next one, I read around on here and saw someone say something about her having a type of sixth sense. I only watch the anime so idk anything about that, but may as well roll with it): Medium speed, medium blade durability. Special Attack - Upon using it, she is alerted of all titans within the vicinity of a designated distance via cursors (Just like how flares make cursors for you to follow at first). This would especially be handy for larger maps later on and makes finding those last few titans much easier, like the small ones trapped between buildings. Also the cursors that appear for her are color-coated so as to make surprise-attacks on titans much safer because you know if there's an aberrant or not, that way it has a use when there's still a plethora of titans on the map (Otherwise it wouldn't have nearly as much use).
Tsukiyo

Postby heissu » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:34 am

Thank you very much with the Multiplayer update! Me and my friends are having so much fun killing titans! HAHA
and if you could make a BOSS TITAN next update it'll be much cooler!
heissu

Postby Terramort » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:51 pm

Xeare204 wrote:It'd be interesting to see how the forest level plays out. I think TPS players might have an advantage in there because moving the camera to aim would mean you have a better overall sense of awareness for where all your hooks will go, and potential hook locations.

But it might be just me, TPS is only /really/ for people that are good with high mouse sensitivity, as you practically have to have a seizure with your hand to aim properly. I like it because it increases my accuracy and maneuverability.

But wouldn't it be cool to have a FPS camera type? It would make getting eaten by a titan more terrifying at least o3o

An FPS would be pretty cool to have, and would make the game a lot of fun. Necessary with this, though, is a removal of the view limits. You should be able look straight up and down. Otherwise, FPS would be at a large disadvantage, since the closer view angle would actually limit how far your vertical grapple range is. (Along these lines, TPS already has an unfair advantage in the regard, because you can look up/down, then move the cursor to the top/bottom of the screen as well. Please Feng, if you read, remove the view lock.)
Terramort

Postby MysteriousPerson » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:30 pm

Terramort wrote:
Xeare204 wrote:It'd be interesting to see how the forest level plays out. I think TPS players might have an advantage in there because moving the camera to aim would mean you have a better overall sense of awareness for where all your hooks will go, and potential hook locations.

An FPS would be pretty cool to have, and would make the game a lot of fun. Necessary with this, though, is a removal of the view limits. You should be able look straight up and down. Otherwise, FPS would be at a large disadvantage, since the closer view angle would actually limit how far your vertical grapple range is. (Along these lines, TPS already has an unfair advantage in the regard, because you can look up/down, then move the cursor to the top/bottom of the screen as well. Please Feng, if you read, remove the view lock.)

default has an advantage of where you can hook, just saying.... :?
MysteriousPerson

Postby Ancientwayz » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:53 pm

I agree TPS is at a dis advantage. compared to the others
Ancientwayz

Postby RancorSnp » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Yeah, thats exactly why Feng plays using it.
To be honest I dont get how can you play on default, it makes it very difficult to look... Well anywhere.
RancorSnp

Postby Yoon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:49 pm

RancorSnp wrote:Yeah, thats exactly why Feng plays using it.
To be honest I dont get how can you play on default, it makes it very difficult to look... Well anywhere.

Well thats just you're personal opinion.
TPS is simple, aim and shoot.
Default is similar to TPS, but provides more of a cushion when it comes to hooking your anchors.
I agree, at first I thought Default was an odd camera choice, I've never really seen anything like it, but AoTTG is no ordinary game.
We aren't aiming and shooting bullets with a gun, we are shooting hooks to maneuver and position our character, thus Default is more advantageous in this game

But can we stop with the "what camera mode is better" dispute? Even if TPS is inferior, it shouldn't stop someone from playing this way.
Do whatever is more comfortable, but please stop saying TPS is the best ... it's not, it's just 1/3 options Feng gave us.

Just like any other game, it all comes down to personal preference.
Yoon

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements and Change Log