version 05012014 is out

(((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) Where Game Announcements are.
- Made by Feng, description edited by Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: version 05012014 is out

Postby Noodler » Fri May 02, 2014 4:48 pm

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:
Noodler wrote:
A7X Rogue Titan wrote:Well there should be ways for Titans to climb on building but not the walls. If they're wall camping that's too bad. Titans climbing the walls would shit on canon so much. Instead, just make invisible barriers at the top of the walls or something. It doesn't make any sense canonically but it would be fair.

Shit on canon? Who even cares? Sasha shits on canon even harder, and that doesn't even fix some gamebreaking flaw.

I'd like it if jumpers get a sniper mode, where they can aim anywhere, and can barely fly far enough to land on the wall.
Wallcamping is easily the biggest flaw in PvP, and this would fix it for the most part.

And for the canon praisers; in canon you wouldn't be safe sitting on a building forever, titans would either jump, climb, or simply break the building entirely.
If we got climbing and building destruction it would spice up PvP so much more, and get rid of safespots.

I have another suggestion.
Very limited gas, but gas is rewarded for killing titans (boost should be bigger for player titans). This has flaws, but it would fix flying around forever, doing nothing.

Another option would be vote kicks. This would also get rid of people being huge dicks with no consequences.

A lot of people care about canon. Myself included. If it wasn't canon then how could it even be called a tribute game? Titans being able to jump to the top of the wall would be absolutely ridiculous. And I agree with the climbing on buildings. However not the destruction of them. And that gas idea isn't even necessary. There are refuel stations on all of the maps...

And to be fair, I agree Sasha's special isn't very realistic or canon but it's nowhere near as absurd as Titans climbing the 50m walls...

You prefer the game to be shit so it can be 100% absolutely fully cannon?

Sasha's special is less absurd that titans jumping 50m
lolk

What do refuel stations have to do with anything? If the titans know what they're doing they can easily kill you when you try to get gas, but not if you don't even run out.
Noodler

Postby Shady » Fri May 02, 2014 5:12 pm

My suggestion is adding an option to put password on public server. People really don't want everyone to join their servers, so yea it would be great
Shady

Postby Noodler » Fri May 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Uhm... private servers?
Feng just needs to get them up like Trost/SP etc.
Noodler

Postby Shady » Fri May 02, 2014 5:27 pm

But private servers are depending on your connection, it has to be really good and you need to portforward and stuff. Not everyone can do that.
So I think this way with password on public server is much better and simpler.
Last edited by Shady on Fri May 02, 2014 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shady

Postby Noodler » Fri May 02, 2014 5:48 pm

1. Option to make public server hidden
2. Game gives you a copypasteable password which you can give to whoever
3. Add option to join hidden games via password

This might not be realistic for whatever reason, but it would fix spamming servers because you can't port forward.
Noodler

Postby Copper » Fri May 02, 2014 6:43 pm

I am so confused about this update.

concern #1: the new version isn't even active when I load the game, it's still the old version and public servers are still down.

concern #2: what's all this talk about making new passwords and emails?

please help, I am so confused after being away for a while.
Copper

Postby Noodler » Fri May 02, 2014 6:58 pm

Ronegi Jaeger wrote:Thanks Feng Li, but i can't use my account :(

God. Damn. Read.
Noodler

Postby The Rogue Titan » Fri May 02, 2014 8:52 pm

@Noodler, I'm not saying the game needs to be 100% canon. I'm saying that we can't just throw canon out the damn window. If the Titan Players set up an ambush at the supply station then that's good for them. It's a tactic, and the only way for humans to be able to resupply would be to kill them or attack/bait them away. It adds a new element to the game so I'm just saying that your gas idea isn't necessary.

And I was saying Sasha is more canon than Titans CLIMBING the walls. Not the jumping. But I still don't think they should be able to jump onto the walls.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Voidaken » Fri May 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Update looks pretty cool. I'm excited to get on the leaderboards as well as truly try out the night mode in the, well, in the night since otherwise it's a giant glare on my laptop!
Voidaken

Postby Z.E.D » Fri May 02, 2014 10:18 pm

Next time feng swings by i'll have to as him about air dodging. With the titan player speed it's becoming necessary.
Z.E.D

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements and Change Log