version 05242014

(((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) Where Game Announcements are.
- Made by Feng, description edited by Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: version 05242014

Postby Rumple » Sat May 24, 2014 1:51 am

Once again, great job on the update. ^_^ Personally I preferred the kill message and system right before this update, with the stats in the upper-right hand corner (colored in blue, orange, and yellow) listing who killed who, who was killed, etc. This made it easier to see the past few kills and the according damage. If possible, I would really like to see this in the game again. Either way though, I know we are all very grateful for the increase in updates lately.
Rumple

Postby Miracle » Sat May 24, 2014 2:07 am

Shirosaki wrote:
Miracle wrote:Also, it's more realistic now.

I fail to see how it's more realistic?

Miracle wrote:I like it though. Now you can do air equator at higher speed.

As you may have deduced I see the latest wire changes as a bad thing (and I'm not the only one). This kind of justification upsets me since, 1) not everyone uses aerial equators, 2) others who freeform are negatively affected by these changes, and 3) I use AECs and I'm far from being benefited.

I'm just asking for the wires to be reverted back. So far this past month it seems the development team has been fickle about the mechanics on the 3DMG. It'd really do well just to stick with one change and leave it at that.

Miracle wrote:The backward hook is troublesome.

Yes.

Well, physic wise the hook speed is supposed to be the sum of hook's launching speed and character's speed, which feng only included the part such that the position you hook doesn't change.

The backward hook no longer get slowed down now in new update (clear your cache again). I believe there's nothing more to complain about this update except the titan will be easier to kill (and the hook can be shot much further).
Miracle

Postby Shirosaki » Sat May 24, 2014 2:17 am

Beardhunter wrote:it's more realistic because the hooks initial velocity is now relative to the player.

No offense, but it seems like you're only mindlessly quoting the post. Give some thought to it- that is not how physics works. Given you went fast enough, your hooks wouldn't zoom ahead of you let alone leave the chamber. What SAA posted was a suggestion to improve the mechanics but he was wrong in his example of 'physical correctness.' Thus it only supported my argument.

On the topic of game mechanics, the previous wires were fine and fit both gameplay and realism standards. The new change with the hooks however was not only unnecessary but also less realistic than before and inconsiderate in which it toys around with freeformers' play style, forcing them to adapt left and right knowing the wires could get altered the next day. This goes back to my statement about how fickle the changes have been and how they should just remain as is.
Shirosaki

Postby Terminus » Sat May 24, 2014 2:23 am

Shirosaki wrote:
Beardhunter wrote:it's more realistic because the hooks initial velocity is now relative to the player.

No offense, but it seems like you're only mindlessly quoting the post. Give some thought to it- that is not how physics works. Given you went fast enough, your hooks wouldn't zoom ahead of you let alone leave the chamber. What SAA posted was a suggestion to improve the mechanics but he was wrong in his example of 'physical correctness.' Thus it only supported my argument.

That is how physics works, though.

Now, this doesn't factor in air resistance, but since the hooks are an aerodynamic shape, it would be negligible anyhow.
Terminus

Postby Miracle » Sat May 24, 2014 2:30 am

Shirosaki wrote:

On the topic of game mechanics, the previous wires were fine and fit both gameplay and realism standards. The new change with the hooks however was not only unnecessary but also less realistic than before and inconsiderate in which it toys around with freeformers' play style, forcing them to adapt left and right knowing the wires could get altered the next day. This goes back to my statement about how fickle the changes have been and how they should just remain as is.

Try throwing a ball while you are running and compare it with throwing ball while standing still, or running backward. You will get why it's more realistic now (or do I have to show you the math involve?).

And no, this change doesn't really affect freeformer much except giving them an easier control (further hook range and faster hook, the hook position is not changed). Also, the skill ceiling of the game had just raised for this new 3dmg change. Someone just did 1.7k+ on air equator easily which is close to impossible for previous version.
Miracle

Postby DarioEMeloD » Sat May 24, 2014 2:34 am

Btw, I really miss the update videos, they were fun to watch before trying the game itself :c
DarioEMeloD

Postby Kitkat » Sat May 24, 2014 2:38 am

Terminus wrote:That is how physics works, though.

Now, this doesn't factor in air resistance, but since the hooks are an aerodynamic shape, it would be negligible anyhow.

Nice, acceleration is a vector, take into account the direction of the acceleration of the hooks themselves while they're in the chamber. Just like if you were in a car that's accelerating forward, and you were holding a ball, then you released it, the ball would go backwards due to inertia. The same law applies to the hooks in the chamber, since it isn't simply part of the whole mass that is moving.

Miracle wrote:Try throwing a ball while you are running and compare it with throwing ball while standing still, or running backward. You will get why it's more realistic now (or do I have to show you the math involve?).

Inertia still applies in this situation, and cancels out the velocity of the person throwing the ball, a launched projectile will have the velocity given to it by the launch.
Kitkat

Postby Shirosaki » Sat May 24, 2014 2:41 am

sigh.

In red is the player, in black is the hook.
Both objects are moving in the same direction.

So according to this, are the wires still correct? And how would the wires generate enough power to satisfy current mechanics anyways?

EDIT: Sorry, Miracle, Terminus, and Dario. I gave it thought and some more research and found out I was actually the one in the wrong. Learned a good lesson from this, hope I didn't cause too much of a commotion. Still, I think wires should be kept the same from now on.
Last edited by Shirosaki on Sat May 24, 2014 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shirosaki

Postby Lito » Sat May 24, 2014 2:56 am

This makes me cri
Spoiler:
Lito

Postby Kiwi » Sat May 24, 2014 3:12 am

Wow, this game is getting better and better. Thanks Feng! :D
Kiwi

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements and Change Log