version 05242014

(((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) Where Game Announcements are.
- Made by Feng, description edited by Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: version 05242014

Postby BSC » Sat May 24, 2014 3:36 am

I have....mixed feelings for this update. It seems logical to update the hook speed to be same regardless of your initial velocity but it does affect some peoples gameplay style. I noticed when I played the new update that the 3DMG was a little inconsistent to my previous matches. I've missed more kills than usual due to failed reels from hook placement but overall I think I can deal with it along with other people. It's a minor change...so unless you're playing a super specific style of 3DMG usage than it won't be too much of a problem. Lava Mode is quite fun :) It'd be nice to have a texture change for the ground so to remind players that is "Lava Mode". Tutorial and Training Ground are excellent. I do suggest to make training ground alot bigger and have respawning titans (1 dies, another respawns) so as to immerse a player into training rather than pressing T after killing 6(?) titans which cuts off their mindset. Great update, don't get me wrong.
BSC

Postby DarioEMeloD » Sat May 24, 2014 3:43 am

BSC wrote:I do suggest to make training ground alot bigger and have respawning titans (1 dies, another respawns) so as to immerse a player into training rather than pressing T after killing 6(?) titans which cuts off their mindset.

That actually sounds like a great idea. Besides, having 6 titans aggro'd on you is not something a newcomer would like to see xD
DarioEMeloD

Postby Shirosaki » Sat May 24, 2014 3:45 am

Yeah, sounds like a great idea, and also similar to the old Forest multiplayer map.
Shirosaki

Postby The Rogue Titan » Sat May 24, 2014 4:12 am

Man these updates are coming out one after the other, fast! I love it! Go Feng! :D
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Senpai » Sat May 24, 2014 5:10 am

I really like all the things that came with this update. :D
The new hook physics are really fun, in the old updates I Would just hold down the gas button through the game, but now I burst it.

The only I'd recommend is fixing lock-on for player titans, so it's easier to aim the jump.

and adding lava mode to the practice map, or just to all of them.
Senpai

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Sat May 24, 2014 9:59 am

I like the update, especially the tutorial. It has the basic, but it needs a little more. (abnormals, etc.)
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Peanuts » Sat May 24, 2014 10:10 am

Annie Leonhardt wrote:I like the update, especially the tutorial. It has the basic, but it need a little more. (abnormals, etc.)

Perhaps a 1 on 1 with different titans at 4 different stages (Normal, abnormals, Jumper abnormals and crawlers)
That would be so great, and Feng can add in basic tips on how to kill them.
Instead of them getting squished in real battles
Peanuts

Postby BSC » Sat May 24, 2014 10:41 am

Peanuts wrote:
Annie Leonhardt wrote:I like the update, especially the tutorial. It has the basic, but it need a little more. (abnormals, etc.)

Perhaps a 1 on 1 with different titans at 4 different stages (Normal, abnormals, Jumper abnormals and crawlers)

We should have a community-agreed tip because one perspective on killing them isn't always effective. What should be added (later on) is a mode to link newbie players and pro players in a 1 on 1 session. Newbie clicks on "Player Tutorials" and the Pro player clicks on "Mentoring". This should randomly pair individuals and is what I believe to be the next step in making the game more noob-friendly (and as we all know when we started playing, was hard to play :3). There'll never be a lack of players who need help and I'm confident there are people who are willing to share their tips. I'm pretty good at getting off topic xD
BSC

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Sat May 24, 2014 11:03 am

BSC wrote:
Peanuts wrote:

We should have a community-agreed tip because one perspective on killing them isn't always effective. What should be added (later on) is a mode to link newbie players and pro players in a 1 on 1 session. Newbie clicks on "Player Tutorials" and the Pro player clicks on "Mentoring". This should randomly pair individuals and is what I believe to be the next step in making the game more noob-friendly (and as we all know when we started playing, was hard to play :3). There'll never be a lack of players who need help and I'm confident there are people who are willing to share their tips. I'm pretty good at getting off topic xD

Yeah, but something tells me that then there'd be more than a few trolls who go into mentoring just to give newbies bad information and tips just to screw with people :|
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby DarioEMeloD » Sat May 24, 2014 3:54 pm

I think the Tutorial could use some music from Metal Gear Solid's VR Missions xD
DarioEMeloD

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements and Change Log