version 05242014

(((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) Where Game Announcements are.
- Made by Feng, description edited by Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: version 05242014

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Sat May 31, 2014 10:37 pm

JesseC wrote:
Noodler wrote:
Annie Leonhardt wrote:They might be useful on their own gamemode/map.

But I'm pretty sure we don't have one.

I guess it's more fun to dream of horses then actually having horses. The horse corps. With jean as the leader.

Oh christ... :lol: in all seriousness though, horses could be added, but I'd see it only necessary in a Plains map due to it being practically impossible to use 3DMG effectively there. Plus, if you ran out of gas on the Plains, it'd be a nightmare to get to wherever the refill station is... @_@
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby marcobott » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:47 am

I have to side with the new feature ideas like adding new characters, private hosting, adding back maps, or creating new maps to play on. I mean the horse idea is neat, but I agree with the other statements that they would really only be useful in plains type map/areas, and thus a new game mode would really be needed, plus I can see the mechanics being a pain to implement into a game that doesn't have any mounts or anything like that in the game already.

Honestly just some new characters or skins would be awesome, I can even deal with less maps for that trade-off.
marcobott

Postby TehTitanKilla » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Um... is me or why am I getting my lobby ping and getting SO MUCH LAG everytime I make a server and be the host. Plus, I think the hacker is striking again mostly because I saw someone named Malvak play as a titan in my Forest 3 server. (NOT EREN TITAN and please tell me that I'm wrong)
TehTitanKilla

Postby TheGreatJedi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:40 pm

TehTitanKilla wrote:Um... is me or why am I getting my lobby ping and getting SO MUCH LAG everytime I make a server and be the host. Plus, I think the hacker is striking again mostly because I saw someone named Malvak play as a titan in my Forest 3 server. (NOT EREN TITAN and please tell me that I'm wrong)

He what?
How is that even possible
so every wave you have to kill him
TheGreatJedi

Postby TehTitanKilla » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:36 am

TheGreatJedi wrote:
TehTitanKilla wrote:Um... is me or why am I getting my lobby ping and getting SO MUCH LAG everytime I make a server and be the host. Plus, I think the hacker is striking again mostly because I saw someone named Malvak play as a titan in my Forest 3 server. (NOT EREN TITAN and please tell me that I'm wrong)

He what?

No, he killed himself with "T" and changed to soldier. Oh, plus, thanks for not saying I'm wrong :(
E= He did that AFTER I sent a message in the game saying, "how are you a titan?"

Noodler wrote:
TheGreatJedi wrote:

He what?

That sounds really fun actually

True, I half wanted him to stay as titan but I kinda overreacted and called him a HACKER after I said what I said above Noodler's quote
Last edited by TehTitanKilla on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TehTitanKilla

Postby Noodler » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:08 am

TheGreatJedi wrote:

He what?

That sounds really fun actually
Noodler

Postby SAA » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:58 am

Shirosaki wrote:No offense, but it seems like you're only mindlessly quoting the post. Give some thought to it- that is not how physics works. Given you went fast enough, your hooks wouldn't zoom ahead of you let alone leave the chamber. What SAA posted was a suggestion to improve the mechanics but he was wrong in his example of 'physical correctness.'

Shirosaki wrote:sigh.
EDIT: Sorry, Miracle, Terminus, and Dario. I gave it thought and some more research and found out I was actually the one in the wrong. Learned a good lesson from this, hope I didn't cause too much of a commotion. Still, I think wires should be kept the same from now on.

Hey! I deserve an apology too...

How dare you doubt my 'physical correctness'... You hurt my feelings. :'c
SAA

Postby Khally » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:55 am

Quite frankly, the way hooks work now makes very little sense. The logic is very flawed, the way we had before was consistent, at least. But I won't be bringing up that discussion, anyone who disagrees and wishes to discuss it knows where the PM button is ;)
Khally

Postby SAA » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:02 am

@Khally, the whole point of posting in a forum isn't just to get your opinion out, but also to publicly discuss it for all to see. You state your opinion like its fact without using any evidence to back it up. This warrants for a discussion.
Really, this is just basic middle/high-school physics. Speed is always relative. Position is always relative.

Ex: Person is moving at 0 mph relative to car, but is moving at 60 mph relative to the ground.
Ex: If two people are moving at 60 mph in opposite directions, relative to each other, they are moving at 120 mph. That's why head on collisions are more violent than when one hits the other in the back.
Ex: If person A is moving at 50 Mph right, and person B move at 60 mph right, relative to person A, Person B is moving at 10 mph.
Ex: Person without seatbelt gets launched out of car when he slams breaks at 60 mph, or gets into a car accident (which usually accelerates the car, while the separate entity inside is still moving with X Velocity due to inertia
Ex: Person driving in car with a bat has much more force than a running person with a bat. (relative to the perpetrator, bat is moving at his swing speed) Relative to victim, it's moving faster than 60 mph.
Ex: Throwing a ball while running gives it more distance than standing and throwing it.

This was also discussed and resolved in the third page.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8108&start=20

Equation for calculating velocity

If you disagree, I would like to see your sources.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Relative+Velocity

tl;dr: This update is fine. It makes sense, is physically correct, and solves tons of ridiculous issues. I understand not implementing complex physics, but this is quite basic and easy to understand and apply.
SAA

Postby Lyndis » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:32 am

SAA wrote:@Khally, the whole point of posting in a forum isn't just to get your opinion out, but also to publicly discuss it for all to see. You state your opinion like its fact without using any evidence to back it up. This warrants for a discussion.
Really, this is just basic middle/high-school physics. Speed is always relative. Position is always relative.

Ex: Person is moving at 0 mph relative to car, but is moving at 60 mph relative to the ground.
Ex: If two people are moving at 60 mph in opposite directions, relative to each other, they are moving at 120 mph. That's why head on collisions are more violent than when one hits the other in the back.
Ex: If person A is moving at 50 Mph right, and person B move at 60 mph right, relative to person A, Person B is moving at 10 mph.
Ex: Person without seatbelt gets launched out of car when he slams breaks at 60 mph, or gets into a car accident (which usually accelerates the car, while the separate entity inside is still moving with X Velocity due to inertia
Ex: Person driving in car with a bat has much more force than a running person with a bat. (relative to the perpetrator, bat is moving at his swing speed) Relative to victim, it's moving faster than 60 mph.
Ex: Throwing a ball while running gives it more distance than standing and throwing it.

This was also discussed and resolved in the third page.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8108&start=20

Equation for calculating velocity

If you disagree, I would like to see your sources.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Relative+Velocity

tl;dr: This update is fine. It makes sense, is physically correct, and solves tons of ridiculous issues. I understand not implementing complex physics, but this is quite basic and easy to understand and apply.

I agree that the science is sound but the hook speed doesn't seem to be relative to me. My hooks still fall behind me very quickly, whether I'm moving constantly, accelerating or slowing down.
Lyndis

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements and Change Log