01042015 Changelog

(((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) Where Game Announcements are.
- Made by Feng, description edited by Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

01042015 Changelog

Postby KillZone » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:28 am

12302014 Changelog
Feng just updated his game so what's Different? And how do you feel/think about it?
Changes:
>New cool animated background for the menu
>Changes to Characters
-Character will slash in the direction being traveled.
-Character shifts body when pulled by hooks now.
-Character bodies now rotate with the camera and will do flips in mid-air to stay upright
-Reduction to blade effect
-Blade effect will now only display when the slash is performed, not when flying through the air while holding the attack button
-Blade Durability greatly reduced
-AHSS is now a preset model for character customization and can be selected on non-pvp maps.
-Gas Delay between hooking has been removed
>Two new PVP maps with 2 teams
-Cave Fight & House Fight
-Both are incredibly small
-Normal characters vs. Random AHSS
>Air Reload
-Faster then ground reloading
-If the reload is not finished in the air i.e. you hit the ground, then you lose your current blades and must restart the animation
-Powered by Accel's Tears(jk accel :-P)
>Hook Lines now come out of the actual 3DMG Mechanism
>Wallrunning will not activate if already holding shift upon contact with a building or titan
-Will activate as soon as shift is released.
>AHSS Characteristics
-Have guns instead of blades
-All have same Model
-AHSS Characters have headtracking when aiming their guns.
>Misc Changes
-Servers now display which camera you're using in the top right
-When killing titans with guns a minimum damage of 200 is required to kill the largest titans. It scales with size of titans.
-Killing titans now removes the nape.
-Titan Eren can be killed with guns.
-Can hook players now.
-Hooks lines are somewhat tangible and will not be completely straight all the time.
-/restart will now restart the game but only if you are MC
More info on the PVP Features can be found here: http://fenglee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8870

BUGS
-If grabbed while sliding you will fall out of the map but the animation will still continue and you will still die.
-Logging in does not work.*FIXED*

01042015 Changelog
>New Singleplayer Mode, Forest Survival (no crawler no punk)
What else was updated?
Last edited by KillZone on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 13 times in total.
KillZone

Re: 12302014 Changelog

Postby Kirit0 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:12 am

To use the guns properly, it seems if you hold the attack down, you can still hook just fine unlike blades. If you hold for about a second or two, your attack range will increase and the power will be strong enough to kill a titan. I am really not sure exactly how the health works but you need to be going at some speed to kill it, but the range is quite decent compared to the blades.
Kirit0

Postby Nether » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:15 am

Ok im gonna be honest right here.

Most of the stuff - and I say most for a reason - is pretty cool, I like the new slash animation and heck the new background is amazing. Didn't feel like there was much need for air reload personally but the general demand for it was huge so I can see why feng added it(gj on that feng).

Rant incoming
Now, I was inacive for the last 1.5 months and didn't follow the game's development at all, but did we really need guns? I don't mean to bash feng's work by any means and if you like the guns, that is completely fine by me! But right now, it's basically some people abusing an exploit that allows you to use AHSS in Forest 3 and City, allowing you to shoot other human players. Plus, the guns really feel out of place, not only in the game but in the manga as well. The idea of 3DMG-ing about, firing two pistols is completely ludicrous in my opinion and I am afraid that the public multiplayer will turn into a bunch of CoD-like deathmatch lobbies and Forest lobbies with exploit-abusers.

/rant over

With this, I welcome you to
Nether

Postby Kirit0 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:27 am

I don't think the AHSS in forest is an exploit. Otherwise why would feng add it as a set? I suppose so u can customize your character in pvp but still, I think it's intentional, cause the guns can kill titans, there are no titans in the pvp maps.
Kirit0

Postby Megamaster » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:29 am

The update was pretty ok IMO, i also noticed that when you kill a titan, you can see it's nape removed, please add this to the changelog.
Megamaster

Postby Suraru » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:43 am

Best. Update. Ever.

And this is coming from the very old veteran who has been constantly complaining about the direction of the game, and how shitty and lore breaking the recent updates have been.

Feng, you did a great job this time around, thank you.

Guns was a great addition, now there can be some proper PvP, and about fucking time we have air reloading, a nice balance with how breakable they are now, plus the flipping is cool, might need some work but it's cool, as are the napes flying off the titan's after you kill them. Thank you Feng, now just make Eren titan something not a joke and damage actually mean something instead of just high scores, gotta go faster to kill the larger titans.
Do I even English sometimes?
"Points hurt, stay pointless!"

OH SHIT MAN! IT'S THE ADMIN!
Suraru
Forum Major

Formerly: Smitty

Postby Accelevi » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:46 am

suraru wat

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Kirit0 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:52 am

My favorite part of the update... being able to kill titan eren. Soooooo satisfying....
Kirit0

Postby KillZone » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:57 am

Kirit0 wrote:My favorite part of the update... being able to kill titan eren. Soooooo satisfying....

Wait what?
KillZone

Postby Kirit0 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:04 am

Guns... pow pow, the titan eren player is inside the nape, just get close and BAM. hehe
Kirit0

Next

Return to Announcements and Change Log