01042015 Changelog

(((o(*゚▽゚*)o))) Where Game Announcements are.
- Made by Feng, description edited by Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: 12302014 Changelog

Postby Yuvalis » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:30 pm

just opened my pc and relized there was an update. how does one update his game, if that realy means anything? caz i dont see any change but a problem with signing in to my account :(
Yuvalis

Postby KillZone » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Yuvalis wrote:just opened my pc and relized there was an update. how does one update his game, if that realy means anything? caz i dont see any change but a problem with signing in to my account :(

Try clearing your cache aka browsing history and reloading the game.
KillZone

Postby Yuvalis » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:58 pm

tnx! i have no idea if thats what fixed the problem caz a few moments after clearing the cache my pc lagged so i tried to use internet explorer instead of chrome but i forgot that for an unknown reason every time i open internet explorer it crashes my computer, so yea it crashed :( but after that it was fixed :D
Yuvalis

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:37 pm

There's only a few gripes I have with the update.

AHSS can EASILY camp to win.

And Eren Titan can't hurt the AHSS.

Both of those things are absolutely retarded.
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby KillZone » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:42 am

The Rogue Titan wrote:There's only a few gripes I have with the update.

AHSS can EASILY camp to win.

And Eren Titan can't hurt the AHSS.

Both of those things are absolutely retarded.

Yea there needs to be separate spawn points for each team, each with its own resupply point. And obviously the other team can't enter the enemy spawn.
And Eren Titan not being able to hurt them is dumb considering that will most likely be canon pretty soon haha.
KillZone

Postby Marcotastic » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:45 am

Can I note that Feng also seems to have done somethin to unity shit that modders have harder time >:3
Also what does AHSS stand for?
Anti Human S____ S___?
Marcotastic

Postby Nether » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:10 am

It appears that the area you hit with your blades is now facing away from the side where the hook comes out of your 3mdg

What I mean by that is that when you are hooked with your right hook, your character will slash slightly more to the left and when you hooked with your left hook, your character will slash slightly more to the right. Knowing this makes AE and Hydra a lot easier.[Credit to RaiRyuu for pointing this out to me]
Last edited by Nether on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nether

Postby zRavioli » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:19 am

Marcotastic wrote:Can I note that Feng also seems to have done somethin to unity shit that modders have harder time >:3
Anti Human S____ S___?

Anti Human Suppression Squad
zRavioli

Postby Marcotastic » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:33 pm

zRavioli wrote:
Marcotastic wrote:Can I note that Feng also seems to have done somethin to unity shit that modders have harder time >:3
Anti Human S____ S___?

Anti Human Suppression Squad

Bless you for telling me.
Marcotastic

Postby Fuginotory » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:52 am

Bird time!

So I've been playing the update for a few days now (since it came out, you know) and now the time has come to say how I feel about it. I'd like to start by saying that it's been a while since I saw an update come out that was not almost broken, so I'm pretty happy Feng is actually taking the time to make sure it works properly. That aside, the new update had a few very pleasant surprises, one of them was how much better 3DMG feels, not only does it "fly" like it should (IMO) but it is also a lot better when it comes to actually controlling the gear. As it is now, the gear is a lot easier to control by just timing your gas and using your swings, rather than having to hook multiple times before you can turn properly. Yes, I know it was controllable before, but it somehow feels better, to me anyway. I think 3DMG is pretty much where it should be right now, and add to that the amazing new character behavior while in the air and you've got yourself a really nice experience coming your way. I do feel like there are still some things that can be done to the aerial animations of the characters to make them better (by which I mean fancier and more pleasing to the eye), but they are good enough for the moment.

The next thing I got really excited about was pressing R in midair, I've been doing that on each update for a while now, and much to my surprise, this time it actually worked, air reload is now a thing! Air reloading, as overdue as it was, is finally here and it works fine, it's pretty epic, and it's only bettered by the fact that your blades are no longer near indestructible, now you have to change blades quite often, which not only adds an AoT feel to the whole thing, but also the ability to do it while flying makes it actually really fun. No longer will I need to stop to pull out swords! I was a bit disappointed that you can't reload while running, but that's not really that big of a deal. All the air reload needs now IMO is to be a bit fancier (yes, RC mod flipdraw reload spoiled me).

Overall I wish the above mentioned was just a bit fancier and prettied up, but Fugi is a patient bird.

That out of the way, we move on to the new maps and PvP. The new maps are cramped, there is no two ways about it, they are just so small, with barely any room to move around. I understand that considering it is HvH you don't want a huge map where you can't find eachother for hours, but I feel that the small maps kind of take away from the fun of using 3DMG. On the PvP side of things, the mode is pretty fun, I myself am not that big on PvP modes in games, and I don't really enjoy them, but this one can be fun if you just play with friends... And practice enough to actually be able to kill somebody. I admit that initially I was not very happy that it was Guns vs Blades, but when I played for a bit I discovered that neither side had that big of an advantage. "Why" might you ask? Simple, hooking other players. If you practice enough you can just hook the gunners out and pull them to you, or yourself to them, the point is that you can get them without constantly having to chase them around, and that also takes away the range advantage of guns, but does it make guns weak? No, a gunner can do the same to you, at which point it comes down to who is faster, and I'd wager that the one doing the pulling will win most of the time, so as long as you get that down you should be fine, good luck with that tho, it's harder than it sounds. Unfortunately, as with everything else in the game, I think someone will "mod" the mode soon enough and tip the scales, I've already run into cheats in that mode (and that was only a day after the update came out) so we can expect it to be ruined soon enough (note that I'm referring only to games with random people).

Overall, PvP is nice, so long as you are into that kind of thing, but the maps are so small...

PvP over with, there were some things I thought Feng would add by now, but he didn't, one of them was more power for the one who created the server. Sure you can restart the match, but as the master client I'd like to be able to kick and/or band whomever I want without having to vote. With the restart function I am guessing that Feng is planning to add more MC powers, but for now I can just sit and hope.

There were some things I didn't like however, for one was the frequency of Punks in hard mode, another was the frequency of abnormal titans in hard more, both of these things I personally don't like, because hard or not, I'd like to not see an entire wave consisting only of abberants and punks if I'm not playing abnormal mode.

Another thing is, I think optimization is overdue in the game, that means more settings for graphics and sounds along with some cleaning of the code to make the game run better. I know optimizing the game will take time, but I'd be really happy if Feng looked into that, and released an update that is aimed at making the game better, I'm sure many people with weaker machines will thank him too.

Final summation: The update I see before me is really nice, it doesn't have a lot of content or epic changes in it, but it does somewhat show what Feng was thinking while making it, and it does send the game down a very positive path, if Feng keeps this up, he will need more servers very soon, I think.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I would be really happy if the titan pushovers are fixed soon. I also think the Hitbox scaling on the titan napes needs to go, I won't stop saying that they should be the same size, the big titan hitbox should be used on all titan sizes (because that one is about as big as one character). I'll mention the frequency of abnormal and punk titans again, I consistently get waves that only include abnormal and punk titans in Hard mode, that needs fixing, it may be intentional but Abnormal titans are called Abnormal you DON'T see them everywhere. Easiest way to make everyone happy on this one is to just go ahead and make it so I can decide and set the frequency of Abs, Punks and Normal Titans in servers that I host.
Fuginotory

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements and Change Log