Is 3DMG at all possible?

(#°Д°)just off topic! (°ー°〃)
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Is 3DMG at all possible?

Postby Titanslayer55 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Is 3DMG at all possible in any way? If not let's try designing our own modified 3DMG that does work according to the laws of physics.
Titanslayer55

Re: Is 3DMG at all possible?

Postby Titanslayer55 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:33 pm

I had been fiddling with the idea of a rocket powered fan to drive the wires... Seems a little dangerous.
Titanslayer55

Postby Accelevi » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:36 pm

It is not physically possible.
For one, even if something existed, the g-forces would break our back.
Second, the amount of energy required to propel the hooks as well as us at such a fast rate is immense.
Gas containers are risky and not enough for this.
Also, that much cord and etcetera would increase the weight a good deal.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby CrazyRay » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:59 pm

Accelevi wrote:It is not physically possible.
For one, even if something existed, the g-forces would break our back.
Second, the amount of energy required to propel the hooks as well as us at such a fast rate is immense.
Gas containers are risky and not enough for this.
Also, that much cord and etcetera would increase the weight a good deal.

Haha Good Ol' G-Force would ruin everything, we've got to take into account that ones body is propelled very high and landing as well. I'm sure people would pretty much end up with legs that no longer function properly. (humans-vertebrae)
CrazyRay

Postby =_= » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:40 pm

How about the manga-version of the 3dmg where the focus isn't on reeling yourself in but swinging around? Would that be more realistic than the anime version?
=_=

Postby Terramort » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:00 pm

This is kinda like building an Iron Man battle-armor. Theoretically, it's possible - we probably even have most of the technology required to build it. However, there is no battery in the world that would run the armor. Likewise, there isn't any *current* way possible to hold enough gas in a canister to make it worth while. The hooking/unhooking mechanism would be rather hard to build as well, I'd imagine. In face, I'd be willing to be the grappling mechanism would be the hardest to build - how does that thing hold the wall, then let go when you need it to?
Terramort

Postby Peanuts » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:14 pm

And think of the hooks when shot into the buildings, assuming it is used in the city where there are tons of skyscrapers, the constant drilling into the skyscrapers is bound to weaken the infrastructure as well, causing millions, or billions of costs, if it was country wide
Peanuts

Postby Terramort » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:45 pm

Well, I'd assume that there hasn't been any need for 3DMG inside the city for quite some time. Besides, that's what the Garrison is for - wall repairs and such.
Terramort

Postby =_= » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Terramort wrote:Well, I'd assume that there hasn't been any need for 3DMG inside the city for quite some time. Besides, that's what the Garrison is for - wall repairs and such.

Haha, come to think of it, that's pretty funny.

Professional soldiers, who train extensively in the use of complicated machinery designed to oppose gigantic monsters, are the wall maintenance crew. :lol:
=_=

Postby Smile » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:43 am

It'd also be really hard to aim. Aiming from the hips is really hard, and would cause some really inaccurate shots.

And I'd imagine that those ropes would fray/burn after being shot and reeled in a couple of times. The gear uses gas to shoot, and a large amount of combustion would be needed to get enough pressure to make something shot really fast that it can penetrate a wall. The heat would be too hot for the rope, and it would be too hot on the outside. Like how the barrel of a gun gets hot after shooting it, or how gatling guns malfunction for overheating. Sure, let's say those ropes are made of metal threads or something, then the gear would be having a hard time reeling the ropes back in, and the mechanism that does this would be the one to break easily.

Unless you find something hard enough that it won't snap, yet flexible enough to be reeled in easily, then there would be no way that 3D maneuver gear. And that's just the issue with the ropes. I didn't even talk about how heavy it would be, how it would snap our backs when we take off, how we would squash and/or break our legs when hitting a wall, etc.

Oh yeah, I know someone who made an animation about this.
Smile

Next

Return to Off-Topic