Japanese Group Learning HAS STARTED! :D (Currently 5 People)

(#°Д°)just off topic! (°ー°〃)
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Japanese?

Postby Accelevi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:43 pm

My only possible motivation would be being able to watch raw anime.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby jahob000 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:22 pm

Hiragana are characters for words in the Japanese native tongue and support Kanji characters. They represent every sound that there is in Japanese along with a few special rules.

Katakana characters are the same thing as the Hiragana characters except their function and representation are different. Katakana characters are used when talking about things that have foreign names and need to be sounded out with Japanese sounds.

Kanji is the most difficult because one character can have more than one meaning, more than one way to say it and certain times when to use it a certain way which is complicated.

EDIT: There's also Romanji which is just a japanese word written with English letters. So if you can type "Shingeki no Kyojin" you just did the Romanji for Attack on Titan.
jahob000

Postby Accelevi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:25 pm

Yeah, basically what I said, just more in-depth.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby jahob000 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:32 pm

Makoto wrote:Yeah, basically what I said, just more in-depth.

Haha I just now saw that post XD.
jahob000

Postby Levvuny » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:38 pm

I haven't even tried to learn Kanji, lol. Katakana will probably be easy when I start it, since it is very clean.
Levvuny

Postby jahob000 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:49 pm

If you guys wants some tools or handy apps, I either send em to you or tell you where to get em. They even have a learning game for the Nintendo DS which is actually pretty effective.
jahob000

Postby Levvuny » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:01 am

If I had a Nintendo I would love that. Any ones for learning it on the computer? I have a Ipad app for learning words, and a book for Grammar, so all I need is help with Kanji and Kana.
Levvuny

Postby jahob000 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:35 am

LeviTheHappyBunny wrote:If I had a Nintendo I would love that. Any ones for learning it on the computer? I have a Ipad app for learning words, and a book for Grammar, so all I need is help with Kanji and Kana.

Oddly enough I don't know of any pc programs since I was always focusing on using my android and game. Um wait. I just found out that the app I use on my android has a PC version. I'm not sure if you wanted a straight forward program or one that comes with a lot of explanation. This one gives detailed reasoning and what not to help you understand better. They also have the typical quizzes and match games but that's for the Android version. I don't know if the PC one has thost.

http://www.humanjapanese.com/download.html

That's actually the first tool that I used and it was really helpful for me starting off.

This isn't a program but here's a website that you can sign up to for free. You can use the trial period I think for a month or something like that before it won't let you use anything.
https://www.google.com/#q=japanesepod101

They also have a Youtube channel.

Also there is a small manga series teaches you as well.
jahob000

Postby Levvuny » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:50 am

Awesome! Thank you! I'll definitely try out that app and website! I'm really trying to be able to read the words well, lol.
Levvuny

Postby Chugleader » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:56 am

Can't you just pour all the knowledge into my brain... learning it is sooooooo boring xD
Chugleader

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic