Japanese Group Learning HAS STARTED! :D (Currently 5 People)

(#°Д°)just off topic! (°ー°〃)
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Japanese?

Postby Peanuts » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:32 am

Teitoto wrote:
Peanuts wrote:Mary get your ass here :lol:

日本語がわかりません  :cry:

Why Mary only :< !

わたしも にほんご が しゃべる !! (meibi)

haha

ごめん ごめん。。。 :lol:
Peanuts

Postby jahob000 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:42 am

Chugleader wrote:Can't you just pour all the knowledge into my brain... learning it is sooooooo boring xD

Then I have a fun way. There's a game for the Nintendo DS called My Japanese Coach. It has a bunch of minigames that are very fun. A tad repetitive but still effective. If you don't have a DS you can always use an emulator
jahob000

Postby liala » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:45 am

I actually learned Japanese in High School for 3 years. I could pick it as a third language. It is pretty easy at the beginning (but I still did bad at the exams don't ask me why xD). I'm not really good for 3 years really bad at Kanji and not that good at grammar. But well if you learn enough and don't slack of you can do it. I also used this website to learn a bit by myself http://www.busuu.com At the beginning you can use all functions. But later on if you want everything you have to get a premium membership.
liala

Postby Peanuts » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:53 am

I learnt Japanese for around 1 year

Learnt up to katakana, having some troubles reading some tho

My sentence structure isn't that good tho :lol:

Edit: Busuu really is helpful ^_^ Downloaded it on my phone
Peanuts

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:27 pm

This seems fun.
I'm only familiar with hiragana, which is the most simple.
Yes, I want to learn too.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby jahob000 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:47 pm

Annie Leonhardt wrote:This seems fun.
I'm only familiar with hiragana, which is the most simple.
Yes, I want to learn too.

Yeah I'm really hoping to get a group together. It doesn't have to be a full on study group or anything. Just where we come and practice, play a few games or something and try to talk using only japanese characters and stuff No set schedule, Just whenever. I'm debating whether to do this on Skype or an IRC. Skype is easier in my opinion.
jahob000

Postby Levvuny » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:33 pm

I actually find IRC way easier, but they are both easy. I actually might find Katakana easier just because it seems to be all straight lines pretty might, but I don't know. Anyways, I would love to join a group.

My best app happens to be one for just words, it has some fun games "Learn Japanese" by MindSnacks. The first set it free, but the rest you have to pay a small amount for.

And Peanuts, at least you can do some sentence structures, lol. I still need a lot of work. (At least I've been being able to understand a lot of words now.
Levvuny

Postby jahob000 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:22 am

Ok then guys. Now that I see that some of you are interested. I have a group set aside for this on Skype. I'm still debating on whether I want to use an IRC or not but in the mean time, I'm going to use Skype, then If I want to use an IRC, I'll simply switch over.

So if we do decide to get together on a certain day of the week, what days and times would you guys wanna do it? Of course it depends largely on locations of whoever's in the group due to us being in different time zones. I'd suggest one of the weekend days since that's when everyone's free from school/work. The sessions will be short (20 minutes max) to fit everyone's schedule, unless you guys would want to go longer. Also it'll be easier to arrange for those located in different countries. We can easily choose a time such as 1pm or something.

I know that it's the weekend and most of you go out or have plans but this is just a suggestion. If anyone has any ideas or anything toss em in.
jahob000

Re: Japanese Group Learning

Postby TytoKid » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:15 am

Sounds like fun! I know one or two words in Japanese that are very common in most animes, but other than that I don't know anything about the language.

Just wondering, what's IRC? I have Skype but I don't know what IRC is...
TytoKid

Re: Japanese Group Learning

Postby jahob000 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:48 am

TytoKid wrote:Sounds like fun! I know one or two words in Japanese that are very common in most animes, but other than that I don't know anything about the language.

Just wondering, what's IRC? I have Skype but I don't know what IRC is...

IRC stands for Internet Chat Relay. It's a type of oldschool online chat that was used since around the beginning of internet but is still used today. But I don't know if I'm gonna move it there or not but for now It's gonna stay on Skype

Feel free to join. I already have two people. Though the won't be starting until maybe a week from now.
jahob000

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic